Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PubFest 2012

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

PubFest 2012

Well it's been a long, strange journey thus far.

Sarah Palin flirting with us all for a couple of years, but turns out to be just a tease.

High anticipation for Perry, only to find debate observers Fed Up with his ponzi scheme of a campaign

Herman Cain and his 9-9-9 plan skyrocketing to the top of the polls outta nowhere only to crash and burn.

Michele Bachmann's campaign never igniting.

Single digit Newt's got a mass exodus of his campaign team last summer only to skyrocket to the top of the polls.

Ron Paul niche candidacy leaving us wondering if a 3rd party run giftwraps a 2nd term for Obama.

Mitt Romney coasting through the debates waiting for others to self-destruct, like a savvy poker player in the early stages of a tournament... but the strategy must shift as the primary converges toward head-to-head. With Newt soaring to the top of the polls, is Mitt in trouble? Is Romney a pưssy for not accepting an invitation to the Lincoln-Douglas style debates sponsored by Human Events?
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: PubFest 2012

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    Well it's been a long, strange journey thus far.

Sarah Palin flirting with us all for a couple of years, but turns out to be just a tease.

High anticipation for Perry, only to find debate observers Fed Up with his ponzi scheme of a campaign

Herman Cain and his 9-9-9 plan skyrocketing to the top of the polls outta nowhere only to crash and burn.

Michele Bachmann's campaign never igniting.

Single digit Newt's got a mass exodus of his campaign team last summer only to skyrocket to the top of the polls.

Ron Paul niche candidacy leaving us wondering if a 3rd party run giftwraps a 2nd term for Obama.

Mitt Romney coasting through the debates waiting for others to self-destruct, like a savvy poker player in the early stages of a tournament... but the strategy must shift as the primary converges toward head-to-head. With Newt soaring to the top of the polls, is Mitt in trouble? Is Romney a pưssy for not accepting an invitation to the Lincoln-Douglas style debates sponsored by Human Events?
    Whoa you are up early. Good thoughts. If the economy continues to improve I do not think any of them will beat Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    Whoa you are up early. Good thoughts. If the economy continues to improve I do not think any of them will beat Obama.
    How is the economy improving? Surely you're not looking at the disingenuous unemployment numbers?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercoop1 View Post
    How is the economy improving? Surely you're not looking at the disingenuous unemployment numbers?
    There are lots of indicators showing improvement but it is not where we need to be. I always wait for the UE numbers to be adjusted. The ones we just got were from the household survey I believe.

vCash

Fox-5 in Atlanta, the same station that broke the Ginger White allegations, is reporting that Herman Cain is going to endorse Newt Gingrich on Monday.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Unless Gingrich and Huntsman can be morphed into one candidate (with Huntsman's moral history) the Republicans are out of it.

Was hoping early on that Mitch Daniels would get in, but he didn't want his life stuck in the blender. Who would?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I think Bachmans campaign is going to re-ignite over the next few weeks. She needs to be prepared for it. The left will go full on crazy mode attacking any woman or minority that isn't a liberal.
    "No man is so small that he can not be a giant on an internet forum."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cleller View Post
    Unless Gingrich and Huntsman can be morphed into one candidate (with Huntsman's moral history) the Republicans are out of it.

Was hoping early on that Mitch Daniels would get in, but he didn't want his life stuck in the blender. Who would?
    Jim Cramer on CNBC was funny this morning. He predicted four more years of Obama if Newt is the pub nominee. He was bewildered why Newt attacked Maria Bartiromo during the CNBC pub debate. To Cramer that is indicative of a divider and not a uniter.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Zin View Post
    I think Bachmans campaign is going to re-ignite over the next few weeks. She needs to be prepared for it. The left will go full on crazy mode attacking any woman or minority that isn't a liberal.

No way this happens. Her campaign is disorganized, she does not debate well and she is bat chit crazy.

Cain's numbers were already tanking and most supporters went to Newt. I even heard Cain would back Newt.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Lib circle jerk...SJ's the pivot man...OUT.

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Uhmmm, the economy is NOT improving... I expect another meltdown as Europe collapses or near collapses. This isn't done yet and I suspect we will see more bad news in early to mid 2012.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Uhmmm, the economy is NOT improving... I expect another meltdown as Europe collapses or near collapses. This isn't done yet and I suspect we will see more bad news in early to mid 2012.
    The economy is improving by most measurements. It is slow but it is improving.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Lib circle jerk...SJ's the pivot man...OUT.
    Now Turb, this is serious stuff. I'll vote for one of these candidates in the California Presidential Primary.

If by "lib" you mean libertarian, then you got me.

Come on Turd, of the pub candidates, name three that you would most likely support.

I figure the next election is a toss-up right now. Who knows what it will look like next fall.

But one of these characters may be the next president so they warrant serious discussion.

Blasting Obama and "libs" does not help distinguish these candidates from each other.

vCash

Now sanjoaqin-how are you going to vote for a pub? You know they'll all have tougher immigration policies than Obama. Even newt will be tougher.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Now sanjoaqin-how are you going to vote for a pub? You know they'll all have tougher immigration policies than Obama. Even newt will be tougher.
    The path to immigration policy reform will be a stronger, deregulated economy. If you want more Mexicans to go home, Okie, pray for a great depression.

vCash

We've had a pretty good recession for the last 3 years and there are still millions here.

But you didn't answer the question...how can you vote for a pub when you know they'll have tougher policies than Obama?
    Last edited by okie52; 12/6/2011 at 06:51 AM.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

The economy is improving by most measurements. It is slow but it is improving.
    The EU will kill any improvement next year.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

We've had a pretty good recession for the last 3 years and there are still millions here.

But you didn't answer the question...how can you vote for a pub when you know they'll have tougher policies than Obama?
    Not sure exactly what you mean by "tougher policies." Do the pubs want it make it more difficult to legally immigrate? do they want to issue fewer visas per year? do they want the lines to move more slowly? Do they want to add even more ridiculous regulations to H2A and H2B visas? Do they want applicants who wait more than 20 years without the ability to visit immediate family in the U.S. during that time?

Okie, the issue of top importance to me is free trade. If a pub doesn't support free trade, they are scratched (e.g., Pat Buchanan).

The donks have a larger protectionist wing so donk candidates often talk protectionist to get elected. I judge them by how they fit in the Democratic Leadership Council wing of the party (e.g., Bill Clinton).

Mitt concerns me because he bashes China all the time, but never talks about expanding exports to China. The good news is Mitt is likely the type who will say anything to get elected and really is a free trader. It's that since he's from Massachusetts, created Romneycare, etc, he has to please the cultural conservatives constantly to show he's seen the conservative light.

Huntsman is a free trader. Newt is. Ron Paul claims to be one, but votes against trade agreements (a case of the perfect being the enemy of the good). It's like voting against an income tax cut because you don't believe in income taxes.

vCash

Sanjoaqin-pubs that want border security, punishing employers, defunding sanctuary cities, etc are much more severe than Obama on illegal immigration.

Now newt and huntsman may be fakes in those areas but that's their lip service at the present which definitely harsher than Obama.

As a free trader you should hope for a balanced playing field so that a country like china cant artificially suppress product prices.

Huntsman is history (thankfully) so its really down to newt and mitt.

vCash

Sanjoaqin-pubs that want border security, punishing employers, defunding sanctuary cities, etc are much more severe than Obama on illegal immigration.

Now newt and huntsman may be fakes in those areas but that's their lip service at the present which definitely harsher than Obama.

As a free trader you should hope for a balanced playing field so that a country like china cant artificially suppress product prices.

Huntsman is history (thankfully) so its really down to newt and mitt.
    balanced playing field = affirmative action for the less productive