Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

If we win out and finish 11-2

with wins over 4 bcs top 10 rated teams (at the time we played them), OSU, KSU, FSU, Stanford ( if we play them in the Fiesta Bowl) will it be considered a really good season?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Re: If we win out and finish 11-2

I think the shortest, best answer is no. It's hard for OU fans to describe the season as good when you lose to TT and Baylor.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Well, let's think about this...We win 85% of our games..we win the conference...play in and win a BCS bowl...IMO only a really jaded
    person can classify it as not really good. Fair to say, not great, but, yeah, really good.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    I think the shortest, best answer is no. It's hard for OU fans to describe the season as good when you lose to TT and Baylor.
    I'm asking you to look at that season as a whole, not a two game segment of the season. I'm mad as hell we lost to TT and Baylor, but had we lost to FSU and OSU, still one the Big 12 and the Fiesta Bowl, would you feel any better?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Pretty much every team that doesn't play in the BCS championship game is going to have a loss or two. If we win out we will finish 11-2, more than likely rated in the top 4-5.

Administrator
    vCash
    I think we should just quit football at OU and add field hockey. Lots less angst.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I would consider a success, but not as big of a success as it could have been. Look, about 115 teams in America would trade spots with us at the end of the year. The possibility of winning the conference for the 8th time and winning the Fiesta Bowl for the second straight year is a great accomplishment. We had a boat-load of injuries that hit us at the wrong times. A lot about playing and winning a MNC is luck. We have for the past number of years been hit with a lot of critical injuries. That all being said, it has been a success, and a great building block for 2012.
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Yes I would feel better but still feel we had a team that didn't live up to it's potential. I guess in my case it's not just the losses but the way we lost. We had a defense out there that has looked lost on too many occasions. If we win out against ISU, OSU and ? then I guess we can assume at least some of the problems have been corrected.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I would like to see some guys who show potential for next year come forth, especially in the secondary. If we beat ISU and OSU, we would likely play Houston or BSU in the Fiesta. We need guys to step up, or Keenum and Moore will eat our lunch.
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011

I hate losing to TT & Baylor also, but I'd hate it worse if we lost to Texas & Okie State. Hopefully, we'll finish out strong & beat ISU & OSU. Both games will be tough.

OU is struggling to the finish line. Losing Whaley & Broyles didn't help the case, but looks like we've got some deep seated pass defense problems....don't know whether its the DL, secondary or maybe combination. OU needs to sew that up or Weedon/Blackmon will make life miserable Dec 3. OU's offense has scored enough to win if the D could hold the opposition, but it's not stellar in the red zone. Too many FG's vs TD's. At least maybe found a FG kicker in Hunicutt. Sure hope so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    I think we should just quit football at OU and add field hockey. Lots less angst.
    I think all the OU fans should become rowing fans. Cool venues and travel destinations. They sell beer and wine at a lot of their events and the participants are a heck of a lot better looking then the football players.

And, there is virtually no influence from officiating. Just womano v. womano.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 madillsoonerfan5353's Avatar
    vCash

It would be an ok season if this were to happen, but IMO it will not happen! Ou's d made RG3 look like Steve Young and Stoops failed to make a change when he acknowledged it at halftime. I expect that we will see the same d that we seen in Waco. OU will make Weeden and Blackmon look like Manning and Harrison. IMO
    BOOMER!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OU Adonis's Avatar
    vCash

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Middle age is when high school chicks stop checking you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo
    Ones that big disgust me.
    http://www.myspace.com/ou_adonis

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Good, but frustrating. Too many injuries to key players. Losses that we're maddening. But, this is OKLAHOMA and we are not in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP discussion from mid-November? That alone, sucks.

BOOMER
    Last edited by PLaw; 11/24/2011 at 02:01 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by madillsoonerfan5353 View Post
    It would be an ok season if this were to happen, but IMO it will not happen! Ou's d made RG3 look like Steve Young and Stoops failed to make a change when he acknowledged it at halftime. I expect that we will see the same d that we seen in Waco. OU will make Weeden and Blackmon look like Manning and Harrison. IMO
    No, Weeden and Blackmon on't have the same kind of day RGIII and Wright had. For one thing, lot less danger of Weeden running a mile, like Griffin could. Some of our defensive problem was worrying about Griffin getting out of the pocket.

Frankly, though, I think much of our secondary problem is due to shaky linebacker play. D backs look like they're trying to make sure they're there for run support because they have to be, or have had to be, much of this season. They really need to focus on their primary responsibility and not let that get away from them.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

w/o our best WR, best RB, second best LB, and a less-than-100% best LB?

yes. Had we been healthy, no.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

vCash

Take a look at Stoops' contract and Big 12 championship and Fiesta appearance/win would definitely be a succe$$.........for Bob.
    Last edited by tfoolry; 11/24/2011 at 03:07 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Ellis View Post
    with wins over 4 bcs top 10 rated teams (at the time we played them), OSU, KSU, FSU, Stanford ( if we play them in the Fiesta Bowl) will it be considered a really good season?
    Not meeting expectations is the definition of disappointment the way I see it. I don't see how you could call a disappointing season a good one. I can see how 115 other teams would like to have our disappointing season though. But we aren't them.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I would consider it a good season. With injuries and a suspect secondary, an 11-2 season is awesome.
    "No man is so small that he can not be a giant on an internet forum."