Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Herman Cain sinking faster than the Titanic

Polling down to 14% among likely Republican voters and falling.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/1...-numbers-sink/

vCash

Re: Herman Cain sinking faster than the Titanic

And this is one reason why:

Herman Cain suggested Friday that the Taliban were playing a role in Libya's new government. The comment initially was seen as another foreign policy misstep from the Republican presidential candidate, but aides later pointed to a one-time Libyan rebel leader who fought in Afghanistan to back up Cain's claims.Cain has spent the week trying to calm jitters about his foreign policy after he struggled to answer whether he supported President Barack Obama's approach to Libya. He ended the week trying to blame reporters for the moment, which was captured on video and quickly spread around the Internet.
    Cain's critics seized on Monday's incoherent answer as the latest evidence that the former pizza executive is unprepared to be the GOP's nominee.
    "Do I agree with siding with the opposition? Do I agree with saying that (Libyan leader Moammar) Gadhafi should go? Do I agree that they now have a country where you've got Taliban and al-Qaida that's going to be part of the government?" Cain asked reporters in Orlando. "Do I agree with not knowing the government was going to -- which part was he asking me about? I was trying to get him to be specific and he wouldn't be specific."
    On Monday, Cain hesitated when asked whether he agreed with Obama's decision to back Libyan rebels in overthrowing Gadhafi. The longtime Libyan dictator was killed last month.
    "I do not agree with the way he handled it for the following reason," Cain said in the videotaped interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
    "Uh, nope that's, that's a different one," said Cain, who fidgeted in his chair and crossed his legs. "See, I got to go back, see, got all this stuff twirling around in my head. Specifically what are you asking me, did I agree or not disagree with Obama?"
    The video ricocheted around the Internet. Two days later, he skipped a similar meeting with reporters at the New Hampshire Union Leader, the largest paper in the state that holds the first primary contest.
    Cain's campaign hoped to prevent a repeat to end the week after the candidate's comments about the Taliban and pointed to Abdel-Hakim Belhaj, a rebel leader who fled to Afghanistan after a failed uprising against Gadhafi in the 1990s. At that point, he led the now-dissolved Libyan Islamic Fighting Group.
    One U.S. official familiar with the group said it was not a monolithic entity and some branches have had connections with al-Qaida in Sudan, Afghanistan or Pakistan. Others, however, dropped any relationship with al-Qaida entirely. Belhaj led a faction that disavowed al-Qaida and declared its commitment to establishing a democracy in Libya, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss matters of intelligence.
    The United States invaded Afghanistan to overthrow the al-Qaida-harboring Taliban after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. The Taliban were ousted from power in Afghanistan and are now scattered in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
    There is no evidence the Taliban are returning to power in Libya, a continent away.
    Islamic extremists in Libya, however, could play a role in the new government. U.S. officials are concerned that the former insurgents who have renounced extremism may have ties to al-Qaida leadership.
    Cain's aides, fighting the perception that Cain was wobbly on foreign policy, pointed to reports that Belhaj, now a military leader in Libya's National Transitional Council, was a Taliban ally.
    In a September interview with The Associated Press, Belhaj played down his Islamist ties.
    "We never have and never will support what they call terrorism," he said.
    Belhaj was a civil engineering student and Gadhafi opponent when he fled Libya and went to Saudi Arabia in the 1980s. He later joined the U.S.-backed resistance to the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, fighting alongside militants who would go on to form al-Qaida.
    Belhaj returned to Libya in the 1990s and led the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group in fierce confrontations with Gadhafi's regime. He said that after fleeing Libya in the mid-1990s, he moved from country to country until 2004, when he was picked up and taken to Thailand, where he claims he was tortured by the CIA.
    The CIA has declined to comment on the allegations.
    Print Close

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1e9kYuBey

vCash

And another reason:

vCash

vCash

Face it the man is not ready to be POTUS and he is done like a road killed dog.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

He lived his life like a candle in the wind.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

He was filling the vacuum created by Perry's underwhelming candidacy. Someone has to fill the anypub-but-Romney space. Looks like Newt is filling it now.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    Face it the man is not ready to be POTUS and he is done like a road killed dog.
    You are 100% correct, he is no more qualified to be POTUS than Obama was, oh wait....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy Husband View Post
    You are 100% correct, he is no more qualified to be POTUS than Obama was, oh wait....
    Come on TH. You know that the Left will not allow comparisons to the Boy Who Would Be President!
    There's a different standard held for the Right!
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy Husband View Post
    Obama understands politics. Cain, god bless him, is completely lost. Business leaders rarely translate well into politics. That does not mean he is not very capable of doing some great things. The man is a born salesman. Maybe we should send him out to bring in some more foreign capital.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
    Come on TH. You know that the Left will not allow comparisons to the Boy Who Would Be President!
    There's a different standard held for the Right!
    ¿Que? You're not allowed?

You and Trollphy Husband have innumerable Obama threads going. On a pub thread, are you incapable of discussing the attributes of the pub candidates? Do any of them have any qualities that have value independent of Obama?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I'm waiting for one of the more Conservative posters to extoll the virtues of a Repub candidate.

No love for anyone? It doesn't bode well.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Now that Newt is back in the mix, he seems to have the least number of strikes against him

Administrator
    vCash

Cain is infinitely more qualified than Obama was. Doesn't matter though, cause he ain't gonna win. Newt is kinda interesting to me though...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Cain is infinitely more qualified than Obama was. Doesn't matter though, cause he ain't gonna win. Newt is kinda interesting to me though...
    Newt is smart and I think he will be the pick of the Republican Party.

vCash

OK, I was giving Herman Cain the benefit of the doubt but it's hard not to suspect this guy is a pưssymonger rivaling Bill Clinton.

I think Saturday Night Live needs to do a take-off of Two-and-a-Half Men, with Bill and Herman living together in Malibu contemplating babes. Bill could play Charlie and Herman could play Black Charlie.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    ¿Que? You're not allowed?

You and Trollphy Husband have innumerable Obama threads going. On a pub thread, are you incapable of discussing the attributes of the pub candidates? Do any of them have any qualities that have value independent of Obama?
    SanJoaquin,
    What is your problem?
    You need to stop attacking the messengers, and argue the points being made.

Your attacks also include LIES! I would ask you to go back and look at the last 4 threads that I have posted on the Political Forum. Of the last 4 posts - 3 are not specifically about Obama!
    Duh!
    Please stick with the facts at hand, and stop the personal attacks!
    Mother Teresa

-------------------

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    I'm waiting for one of the more Conservative posters to extoll the virtues of a Repub candidate.

No love for anyone? It doesn't bode well.

5-0
    I would present an opinion.
    But, I will keep it to myself, as I know that would be the starting signal for attack posts from the Left!

Another Cain woman came forward.
    A 12+ year affair???
    Either he is as complete a narcissist as Bill Clinton; or this just shows how evil and vile the Left will attack any Repubican candidate (except Romney); no matter how big the lie. They will feel justified.
    I know why the left likes Romney!
    Mother Teresa

-------------------

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    Obama understands politics.

Don't forget--Obama pronounces it as Pok-EE-ston. That is a stout foreign policy bona fide. After his Presidency is up, we should crown him as Secretary of State for Life.
    Olevet Omlette Whisk Dispensor

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Apparently "with Herman Cain" is the answer to the question of, "Where all the white women at?"
    Atheist.