Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    vCash

RETRO OU/ISU TAILGATE!!

I normally don't post the next tailgate party details until the week before the game; however, I'm going to break my own rule for the final SF.com tailgate of the year.

As you all know, this will be our first morning tailgate since a couple years ago, and those that used to come back then remember the breakfast deal we used to do. This year, we're gonna bring back the breakfast in a great/retro way. Certainly. With a couple twists even.

Please look over the menu/details below. If you are old enough to remember eating a Denco's Darlin' back in the day, or are too young but would like to discover the greatness that is/was the Darlin', we'll be offering them as part of the tailgate menu. Since it's traditional to do critter chili on the final tailgate weekend we will have some of Momma's "pull dad's finger nukular chili" as well. I'm supposing we'll also have the regular biscuits and gravy, etc. as well.

****IMPORTANT**** The drawing for the very cool Sooner memorabilia that Sir Oklahomey has been running all year will take place at 10am sharp. Winners may pick up their prizes then - or up to ONE hour after the game. If you win and you're not there we will be sending your prize/s through the good, ol' U.S. Mail. We do prefer that you're there though cause it's a lot more fun that way.

We still have a couple parking spots available so if you want one, peem me ASAP. Here's the details for this weekend's old-school breakfast partay:

What: OU vs. ISU Tailgate Party

Where: Northwest corner of Jenkins and Boyd in the parking lot immediately West of the Casa Blanca building. Look for the white canopies. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...5c7d5a63&msa=0

When: Saturday, November 26. Food will be served beginning at ~8:30ish. First come, first served while supplies last.

Who: You. Everyone is welcome to attend.

Cost: Free. There is a tip jar for donations if you'd like to help out, and Oklahomey will be there selling raffle tickets for very cool OU memorabilia. This is the LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE RAFFLE TICKETS!!. Don't miss out.

Menu: Darlin's! Homemade elk/deer Chili! Maybe even a special appearance by a special chef cooking who knows what? We'll be attempting to adhere to the original Darlin' recipe as much as possible. Yes, we have elbow macaroni. Yes, we have greasy chili. Yes, we have greasy cheese. Yes, we have lettuce (for those that like em' that way). Yes, we have eggs cooked to order. Yes, we have Green Goddess dressing. Please feel free to bring something to share if you feel so inclined. Donuts, etc. would be very welcome.

Beverages: The usual. Dos Equis, Modelo, Pacifico, Newcastle, Guinness, Bitburger, and a few others. Also plenty of canned domestic beer for those that like it. We'll also have the mini-bar available. Please feel free to bring a special beer or beverage to share if you'd like. I believe we'll have Bloody Marys and Screwdrivers as well.

TV: High-def satellite TV to watch the crappy-assed Game Day bullcrap.

Facilities: His and her porta potties will be on site. Guys, do NOT pee in the girl's potty. Momma will have your *** if you do. Also, please refrain from throwing beer cans and bottles into the turlets. THIS INCLUDES THE URINAL.

Administrator
    vCash

Re: RETRO OU/ISU TAILGATE!!

Oh yeah, and don't forget that Proud Gonzo's uber-talented hubby Operaman will be singing the National Anthem before the game. Don't miss it.

Administrator
    vCash

Dammit, I forgot about Proud Gonzo's uber-talented brother GHP will be bringing some of his very special homemade beer (the name of which escapes me) that he made special for this final tailgate. I know it's an Irish Red, but I don't know what name he finally settled on. Help?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 btk108's Avatar
    vCash

Pretty sure there is a thread.......I'm too lazy to search it....post the details here.
    Well I've never been to heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma.

vCash

Here ya Go Dean

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    Decision made! 6 gallons (give or take) of #8 Red will be ready for the Iowegia State tailgate Thanksgiving weekend.

Since PG's opera man will be singing the national anthem that game, and since it's the last game of the year it should be the chili tailgate unless I'm mistaken... it should be a good day for beer.

Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Here ya Go Dean
    Butt kisser

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by btk108 View Post
    Butt kisser
    Yup thats me just a big ole asskisser
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Mmmmm Darlins. I bet a mimosa or bloody mary might go well with that, too. You know, before the beer drinkin.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 salth2o's Avatar
    vCash

You better fix them egg's right...

You only live once, but if you work it right...once is enough!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BHB 91 View Post
    Mmmmm Darlins. I bet a mimosa or bloody mary might go well with that, too. You know, before the beer drinkin.
    I haven't made it to a tailgate yet, and I can't this time either, bummer. 'Course, I don't have tickets anymore, had to give them up due to financial issues. I never had a Denco Darlin' for real, but they've been described to me, and it sounds like just about the most allsome breakfast food ever devised. Shame I'll miss it.

crappy-assed Game Day bullcrap
    Troof. And BTW I have never had the desire to pee in the girl's turlet. Does this make me werid?
    Never buy version 1.0 of anything.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Also, please refrain from throwing beer cans and bottles into the turlets. THIS INCLUDES THE URINAL.
    F'in hillbillies!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner Born Sooner Bred's Avatar
    vCash

I'm bringing sausage, cheese muffins. These are like sausage balls (heh) except in a muffin form.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Ok, you have me intrigued. Would you mind sharing what goes into a "Denco's Darlin" for those of us who have the misfortune to no longer live in Oklahoma? I wanna know what I'm missing!
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 salth2o's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Ok, you have me intrigued. Would you mind sharing what goes into a "Denco's Darlin" for those of us who have the misfortune to no longer live in Oklahoma? I wanna know what I'm missing!

http://myblueplatespecial.wordpress..../denco-darlin/
    You only live once, but if you work it right...once is enough!

Administrator
    vCash

That's about as much a Darlin' as the dump I took this morning. Spaghetti and meat sauce? WTF?

vCash

Thank god....I was beginning to wonder if you people had lost your mind. Eggs on spaghetti?

vCash

I were gonna say "Ill pass"
    What the hell is a Darlin. fer those of us who aint got a clue?

Administrator
    vCash

Elbow macaroni, covered with greasy chili, covered with greasy cheese, topped with an egg or 6 of your choice, all doused in Green Goddess dressing. Some folks like to put lettuce on there too. Lots of folks ordered them with "two lookin' at ya" which was sunny-side up. You could get them cooked any way you wanted.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Elbow macaroni, covered with greasy chili, covered with greasy cheese, topped with an egg or 6 of your choice, all doused in Green Goddess dressing. Some folks like to put lettuce on there too. Lots of folks ordered them with "two lookin' at ya" which was sunny-side up. You could get them cooked any way you wanted.
    Sounds Good

Administrator
    vCash

Are good.