Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member KABOOKIE's Avatar
    vCash

Miscarriage is not a crime!

I love this argument and all it's flawed logic from the pro-choice crowed.

I supposed by their logic since a death by heart attack is not a crime I should be able to murder at will?

This isn't a political post either.

vCash

Re: Miscarriage is not a crime!

I'm pro-abortion: everybody should get one.
    I'm not really Serge Ibaka: I was born and raised in Green Country and not in the Congo. But I do like giraffes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serge Ibaka View Post
    Some ^^^^ more than others...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Some ^^^^ more than others...
    I should get an abortion? I don't have a uterus, silly!
    I'm not really Serge Ibaka: I was born and raised in Green Country and not in the Congo. But I do like giraffes.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AlboSooner's Avatar
    vCash

The destruction of human life is so funny, hahahahahahahahahah,

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KABOOKIE View Post
    I love this argument and all it's flawed logic from the pro-choice crowed.

I supposed by their logic since a death by heart attack is not a crime I should be able to murder at will?

This isn't a political post either.
    The argument fails as criminal law 101 requires there to be both an ill intent (called mens rea) and an actus reus, a willful contraction of the muscles. In the case of miscarriage, neither of those is present, thus, no crime.

vCash

Is abortion wrong? Probably--there's surely a debate to be had, at least.

Is it easy to judge abortion when you'll never be in a situation when an unwanted pregnancy will seriously (and negatively) affect your life? Absolutely. So shush.

/thread

Is abortion wrong? Probably--there's surely a debate to be had, at least.

Is it easy to judge abortion when you'll never be in a situation when an unwanted pregnancy will seriously (and negatively) affect your life? Absolutely. So shush.

/thread
    There have been some times in my life that would have been easier if someone else had been killed. But, the law still recognized that there was a problem with me killing them.
    Olevet Omlette Whisk Dispensor

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BU BEAR View Post
    There have been some times in my life that would have been easier if someone else had been killed. But, the law still recognized that there was a problem with me killing them.
    Well apparently the law draws a distinction between parasitic fetuses and self-sustaining humans.

So, there you go...

Once more, it easy to judge abortion when you'll never be in a situation when an unwanted pregnancy will seriously (and negatively) affect your life. Check your (lack of) perspective at the door.

Once more, it easy to judge abortion when you'll never be in a situation when an unwanted pregnancy will seriously (and negatively) affect your life. Check your (lack of) perspective at the door.
    Uhh huh! Says the man (Sergai Ibaka) with no uterus. I am sure you have had lots of unwanted pregnancies. Please share more, Captain Hypocrisy.
    Last edited by BU BEAR; 11/8/2011 at 09:39 PM.

Well apparently the law draws a distinction between parasitic fetuses and self-sustaining humans.
    Actually, all the law does is draw an arbitrary line at when an unborn child gets rights that are used to balance against the rights of its mother. If being "Parasitic," as you put it, were the measuring test of who is eligible to get killed, then capital punishment would be more widely employed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Neither is abortion.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

vCash

Actually, all the law does is draw an arbitrary line at when an unborn child gets rights that are used to balance against the rights of its mother. If being "Parasitic," as you put it, were the measuring test of who is eligible to get killed, then capital punishment would be more widely employed.
    I don't understand? Capital punishment on who? Vampires?

They're parasites...I guess.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

Too bad someone's mother didn't.
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

vCash

I find the concept of abortion to be morally repugnant; however, in the practical world, I'm not exactly up and arms about it. I'm pretty sold on Steve Levitt's theory that abortion leads to a smaller crime rate. So, I hate abortion but I hate having my **** stolen by a group of "homies" far more.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
    Too bad someone's mother didn't.
    Hitler?

I agree.

I don't understand? Capital punishment on who? Vampires?

They're parasites...I guess.
    There are tons of parasites in America. You could start with the OWS crowd.

You may be a parasite yourself. I have not reached a final decision on that question.

So, there you go...
    So I guess Scott Peterson should never have been charged with more than one count of murder?
    None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me.

vCash

There are tons of parasites in America. You could start with the OWS crowd.
    Well, the general sentiment is idiotic in itself: you don't think that anybody in OWS has a useful job or pays taxes? That's silly.

Beyond that, you obviously extended the term "parasite" beyond what was intended: an organism that literally cannot survive without the support of a host-body. This was a lame (red-herring) tactic.

Uhh huh! Says the man (Sergai Ibaka) with no uterus. I am sure you have had lots of unwanted pregnancies. Please share more, Captain Hypocrisy.
    You'll find that women support legal abortion more than men. You'll also find that support for legal-abortion is higher among better-educated groups (but that's an irrelevant statistic here).

So I guess Scott Peterson should never have been charged with more than one count of murder?
    I agree.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Boy this subject never ceases to amaze me at how hot peoples emotions run. I'm conservative about just about everything, Christian, small government all the way. Yet I consider abortion to be strictly the decision of the woman affected, especially if she is unmarried.
    Maybe I'm just apathetic, but I don't see why everyone has to stick their noses into someone's private affairs. I've seen the results of children born into situations where the mother had no business raising children, and those children became everyone's problem in the form of crime, and government support.
    Girls these days just don't put the kids up for adoption, because our government will support them. This allowing them to raise more kids that will cause more trouble.

Now I have to decide whether to hit the "post" button or not.