Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob Stoops...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SteelClip49's Avatar
    vCash

Bob Stoops...

Should call out our pathetic fanbase for lack of support. It's an embarrassment and he should add that to his press conference. This would not fair well among SEC schools.
    Land Thieves Legend
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: Bob Stoops...

Funny looking back in 2008 against Tech was our best crowd ever. Saturday was the complete opposite.

I think coach Stoops has bigger problems than the fanbase. He needs to figure out how to motivate this team week in and week out!! Not saying that I wouldn't privately bitch and moan about the fans, because I most definitely would.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

The fans didn't drop passes, miss blocks, miss tackles.................. This team shouldn't have lost to Tech even if they were playing in a cow pasture with only the cows and chickens watching.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I agree but why is it that after a "lackluster" win or defeat we always hear, "well, there were a few practices that we didn't feel good about during the week" or something along those lines. clearly those are signs! but i agree with the point you're making as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Lizard View Post
    We didn't recruit them; we rescued them. I-35 is like the Underground Railroad.

vCash

As a fan I accept complete blame for this. I shouldn't have forgot to Email Vulnerables my defensive plans for the game.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OhU1's Avatar
    vCash

We got outcoached, outplayed, and outfanned. Further, even though Norman has one of the top weather facilities in the world it is clear Tech knew the game would be delayed by a storm and came out prepared to play. Stoops and co. were disheartened after getting rained on and were upset like a wet cat. I blame Gary England for this.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid.."
    Penn Jillette

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Yes it's all the fans fault we didn't play and yell enough! Shame on the fans because we let the coaches and players down. Everyone knows the fans win the games and the fans who sit at home are the blame also.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jumperstop's Avatar
    vCash
    Tell him to call out the school for scheduling another evening game. This has been discussed in the other thread on this topic. You're kidding yourself if you think that the crowd would be different anywhere else under the same circumstances. I left 4 min early for the first time ever really because of my complaining gf, but how can you blame people who are probably wet and cold and pissed that their team doesn't seem able to do ****. Especially it being almost 1230 at that point.

vCash

the game performance is a separate issue.

I am strictly focusing on the pathetic showing of fan support. Why should it take our coach to get people to CHIME IN? Why not do it ourselves? OU fans who had tickets to the game but decided not to go or stay after the rain delay are pathetic and wimps. The students who deciced to go elsewhere are pathetic. They have nothing better to do.

Weak fanbase....weak!

I stayed the entire game. Yeah OU lost but that's life. The weather wasn't that bad at all. My fellow OU fans who are ones I have pointed out are not true OU fans.
    Land Thieves Legend

If you are relying on the crowd to help out against a 29 point underdog, you have much bigger problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jumperstop View Post
    Tell him to call out the school for scheduling another evening game. This has been discussed in the other thread on this topic. You're kidding yourself if you think that the crowd would be different anywhere else under the same circumstances. I left 4 min early for the first time ever really because of my complaining gf, but how can you blame people who are probably wet and cold and pissed that their team doesn't seem able to do ****. Especially it being almost 1230 at that point.
    Apparently, none of these people have ever been to Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night. They do it all the time.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SteelClip49 View Post
    Should call out our pathetic fanbase for lack of support. It's an embarrassment and he should add that to his press conference. This would not fair well among SEC schools.
    I'm assuming you're saying this in jest and you don't actually think it would be an acceptable public relations move for a coach to call out the fans (a statement that would be taken by the media and some fans as placing some blame for the loss on the fans) after his team played a terrible game.

Stoops is a LOT smarter than that.

vCash

I stayed the entire game. Yeah OU lost but that's life. The weather wasn't that bad at all. My fellow OU fans who are ones I have pointed out are not true OU fans.
    How old are you? Do you have small children? Did you have to work Sunday morning? Something tells me you are in a position in your life that many fans are not in.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

Stupid fans.....having priorities other than 18 year old kids (that aren't their's) running around on wet grass.

Anyone blaming people for leaving early with that fiasco (weather, late start, player effort).....may need to gain some perspective.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner Born Sooner Bred's Avatar
    vCash

You are right. I should have stayed and risked my life in a lightning and hailstorm

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner Born Sooner Bred's Avatar
    vCash

I'm not a real fan. Whew! Thanks for letting me know. This would have been good information to have had way back in 1997 when I was sitting through *** kickings week in and week out. I wonder if the ticket office will now revoke my privileges for leaving once since 1995.

vCash

I'm not even going to go into the fanbase issue. I think to sum it up, if it were somewhat early evening or afternoon, the stands would be filled. 12am doesn't sit well when you have a 3yr old with you. Or know that in the back of your head you still have a 3hr drive ahead of you. Getting home at 4am does not a fun night make with toddlers.

Anyhow, one of my big issues is with Bob. Do I think he's a good coach, yes, I do. However....what irritates more me than anything after a loss is when he does his post game interviews and you hear, well, uh, we were outcoached and outplayed, hats off to the "opponent" blah blah blah. Really Bob? That's all you have to say? How about showing some emotion, show me your pissed, show me you care!! But most of all, tell me how you are going to fix it!!

vCash

Fire the fans!

vCash

it doesn't matter what time a game is, it is never filled. As far as lightning and hail....take cover under the seats like a lot of other people did. Problem solved. Jkj, if your excuse is having to work Sunday morning, why were you there in the first place?

Why have tickets and not use them?

Beating traffic is a poor excuse as well. It's freaking Norman. There is some congestion leaving but it's not bad at all ever.
    Land Thieves Legend