Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: I think we sucked all along

In terms of national title caliber, yeah we sucked. In general, no. When I saw LSU dominate Oregon early this season, I knew we likely weren't at that level. It's all relative.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Its amazing how you see these threads after a loss when we talked about them back in the spring as a weakness.

some examples

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...=1#post3204741

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...=1#post3220621

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 5noubus View Post
    And didn't know it.
    It's like if you have an ugly kid , do you know it? You love them unconditionally , see their best qualities and traits. Everyone tells you how cute they are and ewe and awe over them and you just believe it. I think that's what happened this year.
    I mean we looked great against Texas ( but they are real ugly). And we looked ok against fsu turns out they must suck to. I don't think we want to take OUr ugly kid to the big game.
    I quit doing that. I've seen a lot of ugly kids, and when people show me pictures, if their kids are ugly, I just say "oh, that's nice". I feel like I should perpetuate the false beliefs that parents have of their ugly-assed offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    wait what?
    Am I wrong about this? I am certain I read/heard somewhere that Tech's pass defense was absolutely ranked dead last in the nation. I googled it just now and didn't see anything...I must have heard/read what I wanted to rather than the truth.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonermix's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    The best of teams have bad games...everyone believed they had a chance to go undefeated....some though, realize there is still a chance of a loss...history is littered with great teams that pulled a boner and lost a game....

Your expectation were too high...you expected it to happen..you believed there was no reason for it to not happen...

And now that the team has lost you blame the team instead of your exaggerated expectaions...
    i will admit that my expectations are exaggerated, but i don't think it is too much to ask to win a game in which we are favored by 30 at home.
    < this space reserved for something clever >

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think we were overrated at the time. If the team plays as well as it can we're still a top 5 team even w/ our kicking game shot.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by btb916 View Post
    Am I wrong about this? I am certain I read/heard somewhere that Tech's pass defense was absolutely ranked dead last in the nation. I googled it just now and didn't see anything...I must have heard/read what I wanted to rather than the truth.
    Overall Tech's defense was rated 82nd and something like 110th against the run. And we couldn't/didn't run worth a dang against them. Lousy game all way round. Defense couldn't seem to make stops. Offense couldn't get going, which put more pressure on the D. Especially first half and early third quarter. I mean, we did win the second half, 31-17. Unfortunately it was 7-24 at halftime, we missed two field goals and the field goal we made should have been a touchdown drive. We were flat, banged up, major substitutions at each of the three levels of defense, Landry was major league off and at key points when he had the ball where it needed to be, we couldn't catch it. Even our all - world All American recordsetting receiver got stripped of the ball. And Tech had to be ticked off at being a 29 point dog, and our attitude that we just NEVER get beaten at home. I partially blame Vegas for some of this, personally, in all seriousness. Point spreads do nothing but damage to the game, in my opinion.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Heh.
    this line intentionally left blank...