Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

I am totally unimpressed by the Republican candidates in the debates

First of all they are completely out of ideas.

Some things that were just jaw dropping:

Michele Bachmann's claim that Israel is our greatest ally. This is the kind of statement you would expect from a religious nut bag. At the end of the day America's greatest ally is England followed by Canada and Australia. I would not put Israel in the top 10.

All the candidates kept saying the immigration problem is easy to fix. Yeah right. I have heard that one before. Perry is the only one close on this issue. Building a fence will not stop illegal immigration. Fixing the crap hole to the south of us will.

Every single candidate folded on the question of Yucca Mountain. Then they went on with this stupid boneheaded idea about states rights and that nuclear waste should be stored in the states where it is used. I guess the idea of national security never occurred to these idiots.

Herman Cain took the dunce of the night award by saying Wall Street should not be blamed for the current crisis and that it was the governments fault. Never mind that most economist believe that Wall Street walked away with about $8 trillion dollars of our wealth.

Only one candidate would cut defense and that was Ron Paul.

I get sick and tired of the government bashing.

None of the dummies on the stage could balance a budget if a gun were put to their head.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MR2-Sooner86's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I am totally unimpressed by the Republican candidates in the debates

Ron Paul did an amazing job tonight.

The only bad thing was he talked about cutting aid to Israel and all the crazy Christians in the GOP see that as a big no no. We must send money we don't have to them or else Jesus will no longer be cool with us.

Also, many Republicans don't like hearing about Iran-Contra or attacking the cult of Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog
    they went on with this stupid boneheaded idea about states rights
    Loved By The People
    "you are a disgusting pig and should be punished for such vile language. Would you like your mom to see that you wrote that? YOU=Disgusting pig."
    "you lack any semblance of taste and suggest substandard upbringing and education"
    "Guess what? You're a ****ing dildo!"
    "You're an asshat!"
    "racist pig by any chance?"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MR2-Sooner86 View Post
    Ron Paul did an amazing job tonight.

The only bad thing was he talked about cutting aid to Israel and all the crazy Christians in the GOP see that as a big no no. We must send money we don't have to them or else Jesus will no longer be cool with us.

Also, many Republicans don't like hearing about Iran-Contra or attacking the cult of Reagan.

On certain issues I am fine with state rights. But there are certain things states cannot decide for themselves like military bases and disposing of waste that has huge national security issues associated with it. Plus I believe that the Yucca site is on federal land.

Ron Paul did okay. He is completely unelectable.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MR2-Sooner86's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    On certain issues I am fine with state rights. But there are certain things states cannot decide for themselves like military bases and disposing of waste that has huge national security issues associated with it. Plus I believe that the Yucca site is on federal land.
    Military bases are part of national security and our nation's defense. Nuclear waste? Not so much.

Oh, you could take the waste and weaponize it but that's our own government at work. As Ron Paul mentioned there are nuclear subsidies. We could've been on a safer type of nuclear power years ago but the government wouldn't have any of it because you couldn't weaponize the waste during the Cold War. How is it a national security issue? Is Iran going to drive trucks all over to different points all over the country and start loading our waste up to ship it back over there?

Lets not forget the government has passed laws to where we can't reuse our waste because we can't build the facilities to recycle it. We could reuse at least 3/4 of our waste with current technology and some believe if researched more we could get it up higher.

Also, would you like it if New York, California, and Florida decided Oklahoma should handle their garbage because they don't want to? Don't think so.

States rights wins this argument. I can see both arguments, a company shouldn't build what it can't support but the government shouldn't get in the way and manipulate for it's own personal gains.

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    Ron Paul did okay. He is completely unelectable.
    How so? He's more electable than the empty suits up there on stage.
    Loved By The People
    "you are a disgusting pig and should be punished for such vile language. Would you like your mom to see that you wrote that? YOU=Disgusting pig."
    "you lack any semblance of taste and suggest substandard upbringing and education"
    "Guess what? You're a ****ing dildo!"
    "You're an asshat!"
    "racist pig by any chance?"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, Herman Cain's opponents turned his 9-9-9 plan on its head, to show the world what Cain is really all about.

Disappointingly, all Cain could do is talk about apples and oranges. He was adamant that his plan is all about oranges and nothing about apples!

Meanwhile, Perry and Romney, were the UFC main event of the evening with their immigration debate. A true meeting of the minds. Really, the immigration debate could not be more disingenuous.

But seriously, Rick Santorum was the most impressive he's ever been. I give him credit for his performance and fully expect his support in the polls to double to 2%.

I also note that many of the candidates are getting smart and are borrowing Bill Clinton's line that helped get him elected in 92. In the 92 campaign, he used the phrase, "grow the economy" at least 20 times in every speech. Last night we heard, "We need to grow the economy." over and over and over.

Thank you President Clinton.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I enjoyed the part where Rick Perry was criticizing the administration for not observing international treaties. Wasn't he the guy that just recently executed a citizen of Mexico in defiance of an international treaty the US signed? And Bachman saying Obama is in "Libya"? All of these people are totally lost when it comes to foreign policy, the next debate will be interesting?
    "If you don't agree with gay marriage, blame the straight people. They are the ones that keep having gay babies."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

What's the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Obama is historically weak. Very beatable this election.

and the Republicans are running the Seven Dwarves' understudies. Intellectually, Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich at least understand the philosophy and arguments that underpin their positions and both have experience in policy making and governing. Romney is next, but truly the man doesn't understand the difference between running a company and running a political entity. Plus, he's mormon and that is a no go with some double digit portion of the voting public. The others are morons. Pure and simple.
    Newt will implode because he doesn't really want it that bad.
    Paul will end up saying what he believes in and the public will gasp and back away.
    Romney will be the nominee and will be slaughtered like a dull beast.

Obama by 10 points.

Now, the fun part will be who takes congress. I see massive turnover there and probably a bias against Democrats. So Obama will have short to no coattails and we'll end up with a split government for the next 4 years.

At least that's the way I see it.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

i like where Bachman said we should raise taxes to the levels of the Reagan administration

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Obama is historically weak. Very beatable this election.

and the Republicans are running the Seven Dwarves' understudies. Intellectually, Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich at least understand the philosophy and arguments that underpin their positions and both have experience in policy making and governing. Romney is next, but truly the man doesn't understand the difference between running a company and running a political entity. Plus, he's mormon and that is a no go with some double digit portion of the voting public. The others are morons. Pure and simple.
    Newt will implode because he doesn't really want it that bad.
    Paul will end up saying what he believes in and the public will gasp and back away.
    Romney will be the nominee and will be slaughtered like a dull beast.

Obama by 10 points.

Now, the fun part will be who takes congress. I see massive turnover there and probably a bias against Democrats. So Obama will have short to no coattails and we'll end up with a split government for the next 4 years.

At least that's the way I see it.
    if the current crop is all they have, i don't see how Obama doesn't get reelected

of course, i never thought he'd win in the first place at this time 4 years ago

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

This is the worst collection of candidates I have seen in my lifetime...I'm 234 year's old.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

The good news is that most of them are already in Congress and planning our future...

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    I enjoyed the part where Rick Perry was criticizing the administration for not observing international treaties. Wasn't he the guy that just recently executed a citizen of Mexico in defiance of an international treaty the US signed?
    You generally have to invoke these rights either at trial or prior to trial to preserve the issue on appeal. The executed Mexican did not attempt to invoke his consulate privilege until his appeals had almost run their course. In other words, his appellate lawyer who jumped on the case pretty late in the game, was well aware that attempting to invoke the treaty's consulate privilege was (a) a legal loser and (b) a good PR move.

If the prisoner had a bona fide legal right available to him, then either the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals (the Texas high court for criminal matters) or the US Supreme Court should have jumped in. SCOTUS has certainly had no problem recently giving stays.

The nonsense about the treaty with Mexico was just an attempt by an attorney to play a PR hand because she had no legal hand to play.

I am not a Rick Perry supporter. I like Newt, but Perry was not ignoring a prisoner's rights. The prisoner did not properly invoke his rights and neither did his attorneys.
    Olevet Omlette Whisk Dispensor

vCash

so you only have rights if you invoke them early enough?

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    so you only have rights if you invoke them early enough?
    Some must be invoked to be preserved; others need not be invoked at or prior to trial to be raised later. The rights under this treaty, which are not Constitutional rights, had to be invoked at or before trial--or so I remember reading.
    Olevet Omlette Whisk Dispensor

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    This is the worst collection of candidates I have seen in my lifetime...I'm 234 year's old.
    And it is quite "telling" that polls still show "any Repubican" is favored over Obama.

And, it is also "telling" that the Demoncratic Party has drifted sooooo far Left, that no one will dare oppose Obama for their nomination! (yet!)
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I don't really care if Obama is re-elected because I have every confidence that the House and Senate will turn red. Then, instead of forcing things down our throats like Obama did during his first two years, and unlike the divided mess that the House and Senate have at the moment where anything passed by either side has no chance of passing the other, both sides will get their opinion heard via the Oval Office and via the Congress.

We might FINALLY see government do something that the people actually want and need for the first time in Obama's tenure if that happens.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AlboSooner's Avatar
    vCash

It was a night of FAIL, where an aggy looked the best. Imagine that, an aggy....

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
    And it is quite "telling" that polls still show "any Repubican" is favored over Obama.

And, it is also "telling" that the Demoncratic Party has drifted sooooo far Left, that no one will dare oppose Obama for their nomination! (yet!)
    YAY! OUR SUCK IS BETTER THAN THEIR SUCK!

watching political parties gloat over success is like watching two 0-6 college football teams play and their fans flashing the #1 sign to the TV cameras..
    Bazinga

Sooner Starter
    vCash

On this whole issue of executing Mexican citizens in Texas, with all the legal mumbo-jumbo aside here's what you need to know: The UN High Commissioner for human Rights stated that the execution (under Perry's watch) "placed the US in breach of International Law". Doesn't matter twhat SCOTUS ruled, we are talking international law and treaty here..........
    "If you don't agree with gay marriage, blame the straight people. They are the ones that keep having gay babies."