Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 marfacowboy's Avatar
    vCash

U.S. Marine Keeping It Real On Wall Street

"Anything can have happened in Oklahoma. Practically everything has."-Edna Ferber

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: U.S. Marine Keeping It Real On Wall Street

Before you click on it... it's NSFW. There's some s-words in it.

I have a tremendous amount of sympathy for police in these situations. They are made out to be the bad people when they are just trying to do their job. I've heard them get screamed "PIG" at and oinking noises. I am sure they would much prefer to just be directing traffic or responding to burglaries or false fire alarms than this type of crowd control, but alas, someone has to keep the people in the streets safe from themselves... it is not safe to have big crowds of people blocking sidewalks or streets, because blocking sidewalks makes people walk in the streets, and people blocking or walking in streets is a traffic accident waiting to happen.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AlboSooner's Avatar
    vCash

There is a parade of some sort, every week in NY. Ny in not new to large crowd of people in a daily basis. However, the cops are doing what the MAN is telling them to do, and when the MAN tells the cop to do something, if it's not done the cop takes it as an affront to his/her person-hood, and tazes you, kills you, humiliates you because you didn't obey a police order.

vCash

I figure a lot of these guys have some degree of sympathy and/or understanding with the protestors. Some of them look like they're thinking, "Ah, what the hell am I doing here? Will I be forced to choose a 'side.'"
    Surely not all all police are bad guys. I have several friends that are cops, and they're decent men and women trying to do a good job. Some are certainly awful. But this Marine is giving them something to think about, and you can rest assured, there isn't one of them that wants to taze or spray pepper spray at a Marine vet. This man has surely already been through enough overseas.
    "Anything can have happened in Oklahoma. Practically everything has."-Edna Ferber

Are we sure that he was a Marine? Color me skeptical of anything said by any participant in a George Soros-funded movement.
    Olevet Omlette Whisk Dispensor

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Uniform looks a little small.....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

He is doing it wrong.. He isn't using 'consensus speak'...

vCash

I'm told it is Sgt. Shamar Thomas from Roosevelt, NY, a 24-year-old Marine Veteran. 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion....Reportedly comes from a long line of people who sacrifice for their country: Mother, Army Veteran (Iraq), Step father, Army, active duty (Afghanistan), Grandfather, Air Force veteran (Vietnam), Great-Grandfather Navy veteran (World War II).

http://tucsoncitizen.com/in-the-aggr...reet-movement/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I find it interesting that, with all the talk of 'beating people up' and 'attacking innocent people' all the cops I've seen have been largely like this crowd: standing around keeping people from roaming aimlessly into traffic.
    The good Sgt, it would seem, was referring to another day, another time, when an incident had occured. Because it sure as hell wasn't happening there and then. If so, why the borderline psychotic rant? Certainly nothing being done at that time would have warranted the response. Doe Sgt Shamar go around filled with that sort of rage all the time? Directed at whom, why? (and there are some possibly good candidates, I'm just curious and a bit wary of letting him close to firearms).
    The protesters have a right to free speech, but are also obligated to remain sensitive to the rights of their fellow citizens....which includes things like respecting other citizens' rights to use the public roadways and other fairly mundane duties owed each other. No matter how righteous their cause.
    The Sgt was borderline deserving of a bracing tazing and a trip to the cooling off tank at the local jail. The cops exercised admirable restraint and were wise for doing so.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Quote Originally Posted by marfacowboy View Post
    I'm told it is Sgt. Shamar Thomas from Roosevelt, NY, a 24-year-old Marine Veteran. 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion....Reportedly comes from a long line of people who sacrifice for their country: Mother, Army Veteran (Iraq), Step father, Army, active duty (Afghanistan), Grandfather, Air Force veteran (Vietnam), Great-Grandfather Navy veteran (World War II).

http://tucsoncitizen.com/in-the-aggr...reet-movement/
    Yes, that is who he says he is in the video clip. But, seriously, has anyone actually verified this or vetted the man at all? It may very well be that he is exactly who he said he is; but I am skeptical of everyone who is participating in this Soros-funded stunt.

Most Marines I know are a lot lower key about their service than was this guy.

keeping it real........real dumb

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BU BEAR View Post
    Yes, that is who he says he is in the video clip. But, seriously, has anyone actually verified this or vetted the man at all? It may very well be that he is exactly who he said he is; but I am skeptical of everyone who is participating in this Soros-funded stunt.

Most Marines I know are a lot lower key about their service than was this guy.
    Soros funding OWS is just the same as the Koch Bros. funding the Tea Party. Proof that the real power in this country isn't with its people, rather it's with the wealthy who use movements to direct their message.
    Atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    Soros funding OWS is just the same as the Koch Bros. funding the Tea Party. Proof that the real power in this country isn't with its people, rather it's with the wealthy who use movements to direct their message.
    I could not really care less about the Tea Party, the Koch Brothers, and whether or not the Koch Brothers fund the Tea Party. I am not involved with any of it.

However, I do note that the Tea Party has been around for a couple or three years and I am not aware of any arrests of Tea Party participants. I also note that OWS movement is a quite recent development and many of its participants have been arrested and engaged in anti-social behaviors. This should not be surprising to anyone considering the elements who back the OWS movement. Primarily George Soros who has made his fortune by profiting from misery (confiscated the property of condemned Jews during the Holocaust) and creating misery for others (crashed the British Pound and broke the Bank of England).

Soros' OWS children are merely doing their father's bidding by being destructive. They, like their chief benefactor, are little more than Parasites on Parade. They are most appropriately called the Flea Party.

But, my original question concerns whether the person in the video is actually a Marine. And if he actually was in the Marines, was he Honorably Discharged. Let's vet the man with the loud voice.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

If you look at the long history of influence peddling in this country, a startling truth comes into focus. The key attribute is not money or numbers or anything other than commitment over time.
    True, being well funded is helpful, as is being numerous, but if you stay on your message and stay in lawmaker's faces (and, these days, in the media), you'll be able to influence public policy. Think about things like 'Fair Trade Coffee', the movement against slaughtering (or selling for slaughter) horses, or the banishment of the 'N' word from common speech. None of these had 'big money' behind it.
    And the access to commitment is open to all. Do the Koch Bro.s or George Soros have the ability to exercise more influence than me? Probably. Can they shut me up? No. And, if I choose to devote my time, I can exert a lot more influence than my money (or lack thereof) would imply.
    It's a far more 'democratic' system than it's given credit for being.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

My wackos are better than your wackos!!!!11!!!1!!!!

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

Can someone post the cliff's notes version of the video? The guy was too obnoxious to watch more than a few short segments. All I saw was a big black guy blathering incomprehensibly and some bored-looking cops standing around watching.
    Last edited by Caboose; 10/18/2011 at 07:50 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OhU1's Avatar
    vCash

Just an overly emotional loud mouthed man. I don't care if he stormed the beach at Iwo Jima. A fool is a fool. I'm glad I don't live in a big city and have to listen to this attention seeking drama.
    Last edited by OhU1; 10/18/2011 at 07:46 PM.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid.."
    Penn Jillette

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Who is hurting anyone there? What the heck does he think he's carrying on about? Don't know his story, but while the video is rolliing, he's just another attention seeking loudmouth in love with the sound of his own voice.

He's a joke and a puppet, and doesn't know it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I call BS

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Uniform looks a little small.....
    That was my first thought, as a vet. Or, musta been a few years and a couple of hundred cheeze burgers ago.
    A military vet, and a war vet would know better than to wear "part of the uniform" in such a venue.
    Just doesn't make sense.

Just wondering...
    Should I post a picture of my ribbons after 29 years in my signature , and shake them in your face?
    NO!
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)