Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

Obama just lost all the votes from the pot smokers on the west coast

Posse Member hoping for middle manager, Yep , I dont know ****

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'm a tolerant mother****er.

vCash

Re: Obama just lost all the votes from the pot smokers on the west coast

I will post it for you

..SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Federal prosecutors have launched a crackdown on pot dispensaries in California, warning the stores they must shut down in 45 days or face criminal charges and confiscation of their property even if they are operating legally under the state's 15-year-old medical marijuana law.

In an escalation of the ongoing conflict between the U.S. government and the nation's burgeoning medical marijuana industry, California's four U.S. attorneys sent letters Wednesday and Thursday notifying at least 16 pot shops or their landlords that they are violating federal drug laws, even though medical marijuana is legal in California. The attorneys are scheduled to announce their coordinated crackdown at a Friday news conference.

Their offices refused to confirm the closure orders. The Associated Press obtained copies of the letters that a prosecutor sent to 12 San Diego dispensaries. They state that federal law "takes precedence over state law and applies regardless of the particular uses for which a dispensary is selling and distributing marijuana."

"Under United States law, a dispensary's operations involving sales and distribution of marijuana are illegal and subject to criminal prosecution and civil enforcement actions," letters signed by U.S. Attorney Laura Duffy in San Diego read. "Real and personal property involved in such operations are subject to seizure by and forfeiture to the United States ... regardless of the purported purpose of the dispensary."

The move comes a little more than two months after the Obama administration toughened its stand on medical marijuana following a two-year period during which federal officials had indicated they would not move aggressively against dispensaries in compliance with laws in the 16 states where pot is legal for people with doctors' recommendations.

The Department of Justice issued a policy memo to federal prosecutors in late June stating that marijuana dispensaries and licensed growers in states with medical marijuana laws could face prosecution for violating federal drug and money-laundering laws. The effort to shutter California dispensaries appears to be the most far-reaching effort so far to put that guidance into action.

"This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. The Administration is simply making good on multiple threats issued since President Obama took office," Kevin Sabet, a former adviser to the president's drug czar who is a fellow at the University of Pennsylvania's Center for Substance Abuse Solutions. "The challenge is to balance the scarcity of law enforcement resources and the sanctity of this country's medication approval process. It seems like the Administration is simply making good on multiple statements made previously to appropriately strike that balance."

Greg Anton, a lawyer who represents a Marin Alliance for Medical Marijuana, said the 14-year-old dispensary's landlord received an "extremely threatening" letter Wednesday invoking a federal law that imposes additional penalties for selling drugs within 1,000 feet of schools, parks and playgrounds.

The landlord was ordered to evict the pot club or risk imprisonment, plus forfeiture of the property and all the rent he has collected while the dispensary has been in business, Anton said.

The Marin Alliance's founder "has been paying state and federal taxes for 14 years, and they have cashed all the checks," he said. "All I hear from Obama is whining about his budget, but he has money to do this which will actually reduce revenues."

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MR2-Sooner86's Avatar
    vCash

Legalize it.
    Loved By The People
    "you are a disgusting pig and should be punished for such vile language. Would you like your mom to see that you wrote that? YOU=Disgusting pig."
    "you lack any semblance of taste and suggest substandard upbringing and education"
    "Guess what? You're a ****ing dildo!"
    "You're an asshat!"
    "racist pig by any chance?"

vCash

Ridiculous.

The state of California should be free to do whatever the f'k it wants within its own borders without having the jack booted Federal thugs marching into the state like the Wehrmacht conquering Paris.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

So Obama will prosecute potheads but won't do anything about sanctuary cities or illegals.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 marfacowboy's Avatar
    vCash

Way to go, Obomba. Glad we're cracking down on those pot smokers. Maybe he should watch the PBS special on prohibition. He wouldn't look nearly as stupid.
    "Anything can have happened in Oklahoma. Practically everything has."-Edna Ferber

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

So now Obama rejects all the good (libertarian) aspects of modern liberalism and embraces its worst aspects (that reckless health care plan) as well as the worst aspects of neo-conservatism (hawkism, puritanism, and bailing out stupid banks). He gots nuthin'.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    So Obama will prosecute potheads but won't do anything about sanctuary cities or illegals.
    exactly what i was thinking. No need to enforce all the laws at once, i guess

Quote:

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

This won't hurt Obama too much. Those potheads can never remember what day the election is on anyway...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUHOMER View Post
    exactly what i was thinking. No need to enforce all the laws at once, i guess
    Hopefully he doesn't call out the drones.

vCash

Why only California?
    I'm not really Serge Ibaka: I was born and raised in Green Country and not in the Congo. But I do like giraffes.

Quote Originally Posted by sappstuf View Post
    This won't hurt Obama too much. Those potheads can never remember what day the election is on anyway...
    There are certain demographics that are going to vote for Obama regardless of what he does. I don't see this hurting him.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

more lies.

They broke the record on the number of deportations for the third year in a row....over 400,000 deportation per year.

How many of you dope heads did he convict?
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Obama. Traitor to his party.
    Atheist.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sappstuf View Post
    This is actually true. I remember watching CNN on election night in '08 when one of their reporters was at a group having a watch party in support of that state referendum on legalizing pot. Of course everyone there was high as a kit and passing around joints right in front of the camera. The reporter goes around asking them about the election and almost everyone he talked to forgot to actually vote. They were too high to turn out.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    This is actually true. I remember watching CNN on election night in '08 when one of their reporters was at a group having a watch party in support of that state referendum on legalizing pot. Of course everyone there was high as a kit and passing around joints right in front of the camera. The reporter goes around asking them about the election and almost everyone he talked to forgot to actually vote. They were too high to turn out.
    and of course California voters defeated Prop 19, that attempted to legalize pot, in spite of federal law.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    Obama. Traitor to his party.
    Oh there are just as many right wingers who do drugs as lgeft wingers. Surely Rush and W prove that point.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    Oh there are just as many right wingers who do drugs as lgeft wingers. Surely Rush and W prove that point.
    Ted Kennedy snickers from beyond the grave at those two amateurs.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Where do you get this horse-*** "information"? That's just wrong. Federal courts, especially in Texas, are jam-packed will illegal alien prosecutions. I see this with my own 2 eyes every workday. Stop believing BS propaganda just because you want agree with it.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner View Post
    Where do you get this horse-*** "information"? That's just wrong. Federal courts, especially in Texas, are jam-packed will illegal alien prosecutions. I see this with my own 2 eyes every workday. Stop believing BS propaganda just because you want agree with it.
    Sanctuary cities?