Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

Nobody in this country got rich on their own...

This makes sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

Re: Nobody in this country got rich on their own...

All that is just code for giving the government more money to waste. I'd rather put the government on a spending diet than taking more money from rich people or any other people.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Too bad they'll either just push it on the consumer or pick up their factory and take it to Malaysia.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Reallly.

Dumb.

Argument.

That is all.

vCash

Exactly, lets stick it to the rich folks, the factory owners and such, so they can stick it to the rest of us.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Couldn't rich guy just come back and say "I provided you a job. We're even."

Like I said, really stupid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    All that is just code for giving the government more money to waste. I'd rather put the government on a spending diet than taking more money from rich people or any other people.
    It is.

Obama has really done this Country a disservice. He has been so dishonest, corrupt along with all the daily lies that the American People no longer trust him. People are tired of the "sleaze factor." The bribes, kick backs, the intimidination, the heavy handedness, etc. Arizona cries for help in defending its borders. What does the MF do? Sues them. Won't let Boeing build a plant in North Carolina because of Unions or the lack of them. (How's that for creating jobs?)

I tell you what, if this President was white there would be talk of impeachment. But everybody is afraid of that word "racism" that the Loons like to throw around everywhere.

People who vote for this asshat a second time really ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OutlandTrophy's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle145 View Post

This makes sense to me.
    It would because you've never worked a professional job in the private sector.

We all use the things she mentions yet few of us have the gumption to build a factory yet even fewer do so in the US anymore.
    Conway Twitty got more ***** by accident than regular guys get on purpose

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

The owner paid taxes when they earned the money to invest in the factory to begin with. The factory will pay property taxes on its assessed value. The new employee will pay taxes on their earnings and the owner will pay taxes in his/her profits. Sounds to me like the factory is doing its share to support the roads, schools etc.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MR2-Sooner86's Avatar
    vCash

Yes if you make a dollar, it means you took it from somebody else. All business owners got to the top by backdoor deals and holding people at gunpoint.

The sad thing is people actually believe this and it's one of the reasons this country is going to hell.

Why work for myself when I can elect a politician to steal money from the person who worked harder than me in life?
    Loved By The People
    "you are a disgusting pig and should be punished for such vile language. Would you like your mom to see that you wrote that? YOU=Disgusting pig."
    "you lack any semblance of taste and suggest substandard upbringing and education"
    "Guess what? You're a ****ing dildo!"
    "You're an asshat!"
    "racist pig by any chance?"

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Regardless of how people got rich, they apparently aren't about to let their investments go down the crapper, as Dow fell 400 points today as there was enough panic about a future recession to send us into a... yes, recession.

Graduate of NW Classen?
    None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle145 View Post

This makes sense to me.

So unless you build a factory and give huge amounts of your profits to the government you aren't doing your fair share? Well I guess we are going to have to raise taxes on the poor to about 100% to compensate for their failure to contribute.

Not only Elizabeth Warren factually wrong, she is making a stupid argument.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT View Post
    The owner paid taxes when they earned the money to invest in the factory to begin with. The factory will pay property taxes on its assessed value. The new employee will pay taxes on their earnings and the owner will pay taxes in his/her profits. Sounds to me like the factory is doing its share to support the roads, schools etc.
    This really depends on what kind of deal a factory or business owner gets. Walmart is notorious for getting waivers on property taxes and getting the rest of us to pick up their cost. In 2006 the US taxpayer picked up almost $100 billion dollars in direct and indirect subsidies to businesses. This is something that both the right and left have screamed about for years.

I remember a few years ago a bunch of billionaires actually making the same argument that is being made by this woman that taxpayer funded things like infrastructure, defense and education helped them make more money.

As for paying higher taxes. What many on this board do not get is if the rich are not taxed at a higher rate then they will be taxed. On average (based on national averages) 1 out of 2 posters on this board pay no taxes. At some point they will start to pay a lot more in taxes if the taxes on the rich are not raised.

A few stats for you guys.

The riches 400 Americans have more net worth than the GDP of Canada.
    The top 20% of all households own more than 87% of all assets in this country.
    One in four Americans have a net worth of zero or less.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    This really depends on what kind of deal a factory or business owner gets. Walmart is notorious for getting waivers on property taxes and getting the rest of us to pick up their cost.....passing on health care cost to the rest of us.

I remember a few years ago a bunch of billionaires actually making the same argument that is being made by this woman that taxpayer funded things like infrastructure, defense and education helped them make more money.

As for paying higher taxes. What many on this board do not get is if the rich are not taxed at a higher rate then they will be taxed. On average (based on national averages) 1 out of 2 posters on this board pay no taxes. At some point they will start to pay a lot more in taxes if the taxes on the rich are not raised.

A few stats for you guys.

The riches 400 Americans have more net worth than the GDP of Canada.
    The top 20% of all households own more than 87% of all assets in this country.
    One in four Americans have a net worth of zero or less.
    So the factory was successful then? I don't see where in her comments she mentioned that the investor/owner of the factory was rich.

I guess being a business owner really does make someone "rich." I thought you had to make that business successful before you got that moniker.

Oh, and the reason WalMart and companies like it get local tax breaks is because they provide jobs and sales tax revenues. There is generally a net positive to the municipality providing the break, that's kind of why they do it.

vCash

So the factory was successful then? I don't see where in her comments she mentioned that the investor/owner of the factory was rich.

I guess being a business owner really does make someone "rich." I thought you had to make that business successful before you got that moniker.

Oh, and the reason WalMart and companies like it get local tax breaks is because they provide jobs and sales tax revenues. There is generally a net positive to the municipality providing the break, that's kind of why they do it.
    Well I am assuming big hunk means lots of mola.

No being a business owner does not make one rich. But then again I know tons of business owners who pay no taxes.

Walmarts are rarely a good deal for the immediate community where they are located. We have a Walmart two miles from my home and most of the money goes out of the area. On top of that my property taxes and water rates went up because the town in its infinite wisdom secretly gave Walmart a sweetheart deal to put a superstore in the area.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    Well I am assuming big hunk means lots of mola.

No being a business owner does not make one rich. But then again I know tons of business owners who pay no taxes.

Walmarts are rarely a good deal for the immediate community where they are located. We have a Walmart two miles from my home and most of the money goes out of the area. On top of that my property taxes and water rates went up because the town in its infinite wisdom secretly gave Walmart a sweetheart deal to put a superstore in the area.
    She is suggesting they keep a big hunk of what they earn, not that they have a big hunk of it. The reality is, you were looking for an evil rich/corporation angle and stretched it a bit.

Your anecdotes of "I know tons" and "my local WalMart" are fun, but they don't really change the reality. I am curious how WalMart is able to funnel their sales tax out of your area though. That is an interesting trick.

vCash

She is suggesting they keep a big hunk of what they earn, not that they have a big hunk of it. The reality is, you were looking for an evil rich/corporation angle and stretched it a bit.

Your anecdotes of "I know tons" and "my local WalMart" are fun, but they don't really change the reality. I am curious how WalMart is able to funnel their sales tax out of your area though. That is an interesting trick.
    Delaware has no sales tax.

She did not define factory. It could be large or small.

And yes I know tons (relatively speaking more than I thought) of business owners who pay no taxes. I see their tax returns in my job. Every thing is expensed through the business. And yes I know a lot of business owners who pay a lot in taxes.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

The owner paid taxes when they earned the money to invest in the factory to begin with.
    They probably also got millions tax credits and development incentives, quality jobs tax credits, etc. In the U.S., we don't build factories anymore without millions in subsidies to incentivize the company to build in city A vs. city B.

The factory will pay property taxes on its assessed value.
    Except they probably get TIF financing to pay for the infrastructure upgrades benefiting their own plant, so really, their property taxes go right back into improving the value of their plant. This money will be taken directly from the money benefiting the local schools until the bond is paid off.

The new employee will pay taxes on their earnings and the owner will pay taxes in his/her profits. Sounds to me like the factory is doing its share to support the roads, schools etc.
    Yeah, the employee will pay up to 35% on their earnings and the owner will only pay capital gains at 15%.

vCash

CG rates should be lower....money is put to risk, every penny could be lost....it can take time to see significant profit, it could take years but when the money finally flows in we want to snatch up as much as we can...

Will raising taxes on US produced goods (as a general statement) make us more or less competitive in a world market?