Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OU Class Ring

Administrator
    vCash

OU Class Ring

Alright peoples, I was cutting wood yesterday and somehow my OU class ring slipped off somewhere in the front 40-acres. It fell off once inside my glove and I put it back on, then last night when I get into the shower, no ring. I checked the gloves, truck, etc. and it's gone.

My question is this. Where does a guy get a replacement ring? Momma bought it for me when I got my Master's in 2000. I don't have a clue where you buy them things.

Re: OU Class Ring

jostens

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    My question is this. Where does a guy get a replacement ring? Momma bought it for me when I got my Master's in 2000. I don't have a clue where you buy them things.
    Well, that really sux that you lost the ring. The good news is you can get a replacement ring. The very bad news, depending on what kind of ring you previously owned, is that Jostens has the exclusive ring contract with OU, and I don't think their ring is very attractive. Even worse, all other ring makers who used to make OU class rings are prohibited from making them absent formal permission from OU on OU letterhead. Plus, the price of gold has gone way up, so the rings are now quite expensive. My ring from the early 90s was made by Herff Jones, and it is a really nice signet ring with a detailed OU seal, the one with the farmer sowing the fields. You can even see the seeds in the design. I love this ring and would probably not order the Jostens OU ring if I lost it. http://www.ou.edu/alumni/home/ou_students/ou_ring.html

Administrator
    vCash

That's the ring just like the one I lost. My old one was completely worn off on the sides so you couldn't see the years (1890 & 2000) and the OU was almost worn down. I never take it off, so that's why it was so worn out. I'll have to check out the prices.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jumperstop's Avatar
    vCash
    I got my josten's one a couple years back when I graduated. I like the looks if it. I didn't go gold because I'm a silver person. I probably got one if the cheaper ones, but it was like 450 or something like that.

Administrator
    vCash

$700 bones? **** that. I can buy a new rifle for that. I'll just have to live with the white spot in the shape of a ring on my finger until it tans over.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner_born_1960's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe momma will get you one for Christmas.

vCash

Spend some time back trackin. Hope you find it bro.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Spend some time back trackin. Hope you find it bro.
    Yeah, I'm fixin' to head out right now. Problem is I was working down in the front bottom pasture and the grass is deep down there. Plus, I was cleaning up a bunch of pecan limbs that had dead leafs on them. Those leafs are everywhere. It'd be a miniscule chance, but I'm gonna go look. I wonder if a guy could rent a metal detector somewhere?

vCash

What I really don't like about the Jostens design is the big interlocking OU. That's a symbol of the sports teams, and as much as I love OU football, I think a class ring needs to represent your educational accomplishment.

vCash

$700 bones? **** that. I can buy a new rifle for that. I'll just have to live with the white spot in the shape of a ring on my finger until it tans over.
    They don't show the other options there. There were a lot more color options than just the gold when I ordered mine. Some of the cheaper ones were about $400. I would call them if you are really interested in a new one because I don't think the website shows all their selection there.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lexsooner View Post
    What I really don't like about the Jostens design is the big interlocking OU. That's a symbol of the sports teams, and as much as I love OU football, I think a class ring needs to represent your educational accomplishment.
    How's it the symbol of just the sports team? It's on everything all over campus...I've never thought that.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OutlandTrophy's Avatar
    vCash

I always wondered who bought/wore class rings.

I hope you find it.
    Conway Twitty got more ***** by accident than regular guys get on purpose

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 I Am Right's Avatar
    vCash

Sorry, Jostens is the only place I know of

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jumperstop View Post
    How's it the symbol of just the sports team? It's on everything all over campus...I've never thought that.
    Yeah, on second thought, I guess it is all over the place. I just wish Jostens would have offered other styles and designs. If you look at other ring makers, you typically have multiple styles and designs available. Jostens has basically the same ring for sale.

vCash

Yeah, I'm fixin' to head out right now. Problem is I was working down in the front bottom pasture and the grass is deep down there. Plus, I was cleaning up a bunch of pecan limbs that had dead leafs on them. Those leafs are everywhere. It'd be a miniscule chance, but I'm gonna go look. I wonder if a guy could rent a metal detector somewhere?
    Prolly pick one up cheap at the local pawn shop.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

I've got a damn good metal detector if you want to borrow it.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner_Tuf's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah I'm sure you can from a rental store. But anyone that has one I'm sure would come out and try to find your ring. After all that is why they buy those things. Good Luck.
    OSU still aspires respect and OU still likes to blow out their candle.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Metal detectors are cheaper than $700, but if it is a Josten's ring, don't they have a one-time ring replacement for incidents such as this? They had this program back when I was in high school. Not sure if that's still the case.

Check with the company. If the receipt is still around (or perhaps even if its lost and the company has a record of who the ring was made for), you might be able to get a free one-time replacement.

EDIT: This is the policy I was referring to.