Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Obama: Low rating shows unhappiness with Congress

VINEYARD HAVEN, Massachusetts (AP) — President Barack Obama says his low approval rating is a reflection of public unhappiness with Congress.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-low-rati...132843998.html
    Here the picture of Obama as he said this on his vacation...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Obama: Low rating shows unhappiness with Congress

He's only partly right. The public hates everybody in government, not just him.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

I'm surprised* that he's commenting on his approval rating. I don't know how the people that voted for him and like/liked him view it, but in my eyes it's textbook deflection and is indicative of his narcissism that he even takes time from his vacation to address it.

*I'm actually not.
    The SF.com Retard Remover...it makes the postards you have on ignore disappear completely:
    http://173.203.71.50/sfcom_retard_remover.user.js

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

It's kind of a worthless question. "Hey, everyone hates you, any comment? I wouldn't mind seeing Obama flip out on someone before this is all over.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

You'd just trash him for not keeping his cool though.

And you'd be right to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

If Obama turns all bitter and dividing like Jesse Jackson when he's ousted from office, either from term limits (after another term, yes), impeachment (if the economy keeps tanking he might get Gray Davis treatment) or voter ousting (which would be about January 2013 I guess), I don't think he'll be as much fun to listen to.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 tcrb's Avatar
    vCash

I'm surprised he didn't say it was the Tea Party's fault.

Maybe that will be next week's spin.

vCash

vCash

I'm surprised he didn't blame Bush for his low approval ratings.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

I bet he moves out of the country after he loses the next one.....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

Repubs should just give CNN a boatload of money for this screenshot....

That is pure gold.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    I bet he moves out of the country after he loses the next one.....
    Maybe go back to his African homeland!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    I'm surprised* that he's commenting on his approval rating. I don't know how the people that voted for him and like/liked him view it, but in my eyes it's textbook deflection and is indicative of his narcissism that he even takes time from his vacation to address it.
    And if he didn't address it, a lot of folks would post pictures like this

and say that he was ignoring a bad situation. He's in a lose-lose situation, and right now, you really can't blame him for much, he's got a Congress that hasn't allowed him to push through his policies. There's no telling where we'd be if he had the ability to do that. Congress' do-nothing approach sure as hell hasn't worked though.

*I'm actually not.[/QUOTE]

vCash

The Dems controlled Congress for Two years and passed Barack's agenda---Look at the results----If he still had a super majority in both Houses the Country would be in even a bigger mess

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    The Dems controlled Congress for Two years and passed Barack's agenda---Look at the results----If he still had a super majority in both Houses the Country would be in even a bigger mess
    Exactly. Some people don't seem to get that the Repubs sweeping into the house in one of the most dramatic shifts in the history of the House was a direct result of Obama doing and passing whatever he wanted.

I also wonder what policies Obama is trying to push through, but can't... I haven't heard much except raising taxes on the rich and corporate jet owners... That isn't going to fix the economy and he seems pretty much out of ideas after that...

vCash

Well, no, don't pretend that the Democrat controlled Congress actually passed Obama's plans, 'cuz that's not what happened. Republicans and conservative Dems (read: Dems who received large donations from lobbyists) thwarted the President's agenda. He really never got a chance to implement anything that was totally his agenda.

And as far as healthcare reform goes, how can you possibly say it was a failure before it's even really been implemented? As far as what has been implemented, would you say that allowing kids to stay on their parents' healthcare plans through the age of 26 while they're still attending school has been some kind of failure?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    And if he didn't address it, a lot of folks would post pictures like this

and say that he was ignoring a bad situation. He's in a lose-lose situation, and right now, you really can't blame him for much, he's got a Congress that hasn't allowed him to push through his policies. There's no telling where we'd be if he had the ability to do that. Congress' do-nothing approach sure as hell hasn't worked though.

*I'm actually not.
    [/QUOTE]

I disagree...he made campaign promises that he has been unable to keep...he knew the cards he was dealt...he knew that we were in "The Greatest Recession Since the Depression"....no one to blame but himself....

vCash

You are right Barack would have loved to have passed complete socialized medicine-----card check and cap and trade----- None of which would be good for the Country

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

You are right Barack would have loved to have passed complete socialized medicine-----card check and cap and trade----- None of which would be good for the Country
    Card check....shudder....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Well, no, don't pretend that the Democrat controlled Congress actually passed Obama's plans, 'cuz that's not what happened. Republicans and conservative Dems (read: Dems who received large donations from lobbyists) thwarted the President's agenda. He really never got a chance to implement anything that was totally his agenda.

And as far as healthcare reform goes, how can you possibly say it was a failure before it's even really been implemented? As far as what has been implemented, would you say that allowing kids to stay on their parents' healthcare plans through the age of 26 while they're still attending school has been some kind of failure?
    If Obama couldn't get his agenda through in 2 years when he had a super majority in the Senate and majority in the House like you say, then it just proves how poor of an executive he really is.... A president couldn't ask for more than he had.