Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 rekamrettuB's Avatar
    vCash

Saw Alice In Chains Saturday at Wisntar...

F'N AWESOME!!! William Duvall, the new singer, and the rest of that band still rocks and sounds great. It was an unplugged set. I was stoked.
    And lift up my brother
    To honor this game!

vCash

Re: Saw Alice In Chains Saturday at Wisntar...

I wanted to see them there too. Love AiC
    he likes the fight in this post. he likes the resolve.

he'll take this post around and post it on any sucker's message board that's beat him 5 years in a row.

he learned stuff today.

vCash

I wish I could post pics from my PC. We were front row/center and I have some awesome shots.
    And lift up my brother
    To honor this game!

vCash

I yam very sad I did not know they were playing there.
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rekamrettuB View Post
    F'N AWESOME!!! William Duvall, the new singer, and the rest of that band still rocks and sounds great. It was an unplugged set. I was stoked.
    I would have bought you a BJ for those seats...Does the new dude sound anything like LS? Do they still play the old stuff?

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

I saw them on Palladia at one of the European festivals, the new guy sounds pretty good and does a real good job.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    I would have bought you a BJ for those seats...Does the new dude sound anything like LS? Do they still play the old stuff?
    The guy sounds really good and I don't think Cantrell would have hired him if he didn't sound a little like Layne. He says he isn't trying to but check out their new album, Black Gives Way to Blue. It's a great album and very much like the old AIC that everyone loves. Song number 1 on that album would make you think Layne recorded it. Duvall can also strum a guitar pretty well too. He's what I would picture if you said the lead singer of Rage and Lenny Kravitz had a baby.

And, yes, they do play lots of old stuff.
    And lift up my brother
    To honor this game!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Are any of the original members still playing or is the only holdover the mike stand and drum sticks?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    Are any of the original members still playing or is the only holdover the mike stand and drum sticks?
    Jerry Cantrell and Sean Kinney (drums), Mike Inez, bass (took over '93, Jar of Flies and beyond), are the other 3 along with Duvall.
    And lift up my brother
    To honor this game!

vCash

really thinking about seeing Weezer there after OU/Texas this year

would like to see AiC, but i am a little leary of seeing them without Layne Staley

i got a pretty good dose of 90's rock in the last month with Weezer and Soundgarden in Vegas. both excellent shows.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Partial Qualifier's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    i am a little leary of seeing them without Layne Staley
    He's looking a little thin these days

vCash

would like to see AiC, but i am a little leary of seeing them without Layne Staley
    It isn't like Staley pulled a Scott Weiland and could come back. From what I saw on the festival snippet DuVall does a very good job and one that I think does the AIC name proud. Like rekamrettuB said, I don't think Cantrell would have resurrected the band without someone who could do that.

vCash

i know, i know, and i have heard a little of the new guy, but just like the Filipino dude with Journey, it just feels weird.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner ngintunr's Avatar
    vCash

I saw their acoustic set @ Cains a few years back. It was awesome. The came on stage to Nutshell. They covered The Who's "Squeeze Box", that was pretty funny.

The Rooster (Cantrell's Dad) was on the side of the stage all night, just sitting back drinking beers. I had him sign my ticket after the show. Pretty cool. Rowdy crowd for an acoustic set. Cantrell said "****in Tulsa" a few times, not in a bad way, in a "you guys are rowdy as ****" kind of way.

I'd see them again in a heartbeat. The only problem with seeing them at Cains is everyone knows the songs so they all sing along. It's annoying as hell IMO.

vCash

i know, i know, and i have heard a little of the new guy, but just like the Filipino dude with Journey, it just feels weird.
    My wife liked Augeri as the Steve Perry replacement, she saw them when they played the old Backyard here in Austin. She can't stand Pineda. I only saw them at the LNC in 1983.

vCash

Not even the same...Duvall is really, really talented and a lot of fun on stage.

Cantrell's dad was there and got on the mic prior to the final song...Rooster of course.
    And lift up my brother
    To honor this game!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rekamrettuB View Post
    The guy sounds really good and I don't think Cantrell would have hired him if he didn't sound a little like Layne. He says he isn't trying to but check out their new album, Black Gives Way to Blue. It's a great album and very much like the old AIC that everyone loves. Song number 1 on that album would make you think Layne recorded it. Duvall can also strum a guitar pretty well too. He's what I would picture if you said the lead singer of Rage and Lenny Kravitz had a baby.

And, yes, they do play lots of old stuff.
    That's coo. The only way I would want to see them is "unplugged". I bought that cassette(yes cassette) when it first came out. That's the only way I know them. Cantrell is awesome on the acoustic...

OleVet Posse Instigator