Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama speaks

Obama speaks

I guess he had to wait for his teleprompter to get loaded.

He says he didn't need a a rating agency to tell us that we need a balanced long term approach to deficient reduction. He says he knew that last year and when he took office and as early as last week.

Re: Obama speaks

and the market takes another leg lower.

cute--

None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I know I am inspired

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
    I guess he had to wait for his teleprompter to get loaded.

He says he didn't need a a rating agency to tell us that we need a balanced long term approach to deficient reduction. He says he knew that last year and when he took office and as early as last week.
    I guess that is why he brought forward a budget that increased spending an additional $3 trillion over 10 years that was voted down 97-0 in the senate.

It is CLEAR that he gets it...

and he wants to raise taxes...because as we all know, the politicians need more of our money. They don't have enough of it and we should be ashamed that we aren't writing them a check. All of us average tax payers could get second jobs, or we could work until July to pay our taxes instead of the middle of May. There are so many important things that the politicians have to do for their communities with our money so they can get reelected. Far be it from us to not step up to the plate and pay more.

this whole embarassing mess points out several things we already knew, but puts it on full display. mainly that the obama camp, boehner, reid and all other leaders have little talent when faced with hard decisions with obvious answers. that's lack of leadership all around. and i cant for the life of me figure out how they all can act so suprised by the downgrade and continue to point fingers.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 47straight's Avatar
    vCash

Senator Coburn's plan, the most serious one I've seen addressing the deficit and actually getting it reduced, includes closing any number of tax breaks. I think it needs more serious discussion in conservative circles.
    “Some people who attend the University of Oklahoma seem to represent different values than some people who attend the University of Texas.” -- Mr. J. Mcfarland

"[Christian Scott]'s off the team the day of the incident and I guarantee you he won't be back." -- Typical Dallas horn fan

Quote Originally Posted by 47straight View Post
    Senator Coburn's plan, the most serious one I've seen addressing the deficit and actually getting it reduced, includes closing any number of tax breaks. I think it needs more serious discussion in conservative circles.
    yep. amazing how it's popularity lasted all of 5 mins.

"ONE TERM PRESIDENT....CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP........ONE TERM PRESIDENT......"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan View Post
    "ONE TERM PRESIDENT....CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP........ONE TERM PRESIDENT......"
    I hope so, jk, but aside from RPaul and Herman Caine there's not an R candidate that would be much better.
    The SF.com Retard Remover...it makes the postards you have on ignore disappear completely:
    http://173.203.71.50/sfcom_retard_remover.user.js

ron paul? ugh - no thanks

i dont care who it is to be honest, we can do it like a speed dating deal - move one in, see how he/she does......dont like them? move on to another

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 47straight View Post
    THIS ^^^^^^^^
    The GOP's absolute "no tolerance" policy on anything that can be construed as a tax is absolute stupidity.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

And there, Veritas, is the real tragedy. I'm a lifelong R voter and can't see a single candidate on that side of the divide who I think would be one iota better than Obama.

The Dems don't get that the individual, not the collective, is the basis for our society and therefore keep trying to pump big government as the solution to whatever is defined as a problem.

The Repubs can't quite figure out that being conservative means butting out of individual's personal lives and want to grant to organized religion the coercive powers of the government.

It's a disgusting mess.

But then, we've been here before, so this, too, will pass. Not pretty, but not, historically, that big a deal.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

Red face Re: Obama speaks

So I guess you guys want Trump to jump back in???
    What a freek.

The only good thing about Trump would be the debate line..."You're Fired"!
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Trump would be better than Obama...unfortunately
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OhU1's Avatar
    vCash

Obama's popularity rating is so low even Jimmy Carter is calling Obama another Jimmy Carter.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid.."
    Penn Jillette

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner View Post
    The GOP's absolute "no tolerance" policy on anything that can be construed as a tax is absolute stupidity.
    We didn't get downgraded for the first time in our nation's history because our taxes are to low.

It's because the donks, who control the government, have bankrupted the country.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OhU1's Avatar
    vCash

We need Bachman, Palin, or Perry in the White House. They will pump up the market with prayer and Jesus!
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid.."
    Penn Jillette

Sooner All-World
    vCash