Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    HMFIC
    vCash

Re: Oregon is in hot water, but good

Wow! What a read. This quote jumped out at me.

“I look back at it now and they paid for what they saw as my access and influence with recruits,” Lyles said. “The service I provided went beyond what a scouting service should … I made a mistake and I’m big enough of a man to admit I was wrong.”

I am definitely tired of the bad news surrounding college football. As a fan I hate to see anyone getting in trouble, but I am glad to see reporters following through on some rumors and getting information. The only way this stops is to increase the inevitablity of getting caught.

I hope this isn't as bad as this quote sounds. Despite the 2006 debacle in Eugene and the hideous uniforms, I have enjoyed watching Oregon's growth in college football. I like the style of play and the overall style. This is not good.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jumperstop's Avatar
    vCash

I say **** em, and let em burn. ****in cheaters...

vCash

The rise of programs like Oregon is always suspect IMHO.

You don't go from sucking forever to being a title contender without cheating along the way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerNomad View Post
    , I have enjoyed watching Oregon's growth in college football. I like the style of play and the overall style. This is not good.

Rot. In. Hell. Oregon.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

I hope Phil Knight is urinating in his over-priced Nikes.

Oh, and your whole uniform thing is sissy.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    Rot. In. Hell. Oregon.
    This.

Lyles comes across as a very likeable guy who is in way over his head. He is being smart here in not being complicit in any coverup. But his business plan has been kind of shot to heck.

Wild West Wench
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    Rot. In. Hell. Oregon.
    NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE!!!!

Gaawwd, that picture still makes me throw up in mouth every time I see it.

"BUT, BUT....WE'VE GOT THE BALL!!!!!!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySooner View Post
    NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE!!!!
    The refs, right?

Wild West Wench
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    The refs, right?
    Refs, university, NCAA, all of 'em. They shoulda forfeited. Apologized. Sent Bob some rosebushes for his backyard, SOMETHING. It just made me soooo MAD. It was so OBVIOUSLY UNFAIR. And then the next bad call on the tipped ball/interference. Ugh, what a sucky game that was.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySooner View Post
    Refs, university, NCAA, all of 'em. They shoulda forfeited. Apologized. Sent Bob some rosebushes for his backyard, SOMETHING. It just made me soooo MAD. It was so OBVIOUSLY UNFAIR. And then the next bad call on the tipped ball/interference. Ugh, what a sucky game that was.
    Both mistakes were the refs. Had the situation been reversed, we would have played on just like the Ducks did and we would not have forfeited. And that's because it's the only thing you can do. The Pac10 refs did apologize and suspend that crew and that's all they really can do. Yes, it was a "life's not fair situation", so hate the world if it makes you feel better.

vCash

I guess since the NCAA is such a joke of an organization Yahoo! has to do all of their work for them. Is there even any point to the NCAA anymore? This is getting ridiculous.
    at this point in the process, I can only assume it was a typo and they meant to say "cram"...

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I remember making this Fark at the time...

NCAA might as well hire Yahoo Sports to do their investigations

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner001 View Post
    NCAA might as well hire Yahoo Sports to do their investigations
    But then they would have an excuse to be corrupt, incompetent hypocrites anymore.
    at this point in the process, I can only assume it was a typo and they meant to say "cram"...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Both mistakes were the refs. Had the situation been reversed, we would have played on just like the Ducks did and we would not have forfeited. And that's because it's the only thing you can do. The Pac10 refs did apologize and suspend that crew and that's all they really can do. Yes, it was a "life's not fair situation", so hate the world if it makes you feel better.
    You sure you're a Sooner? I swear....Everybody in Sports knows we got screwed. It's a known fact that that was the 3rd time in a row they would of lost and they couldn't handle it. Our boys played their asses off and got screwed. I have no proof of how deep all of that went but it's pretty obvious the Ref did more than make a mistake. His actions in the months and years after that pretty much have convinced me that there was a fix in and that if it was possible to blow close calls in a close game....it was going to be done.

It's one of the blackest days in Football and now that there is replay...I dare say the play would have gone our way.

vCash

They used replay in that game and still got the calls wrong.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    You sure you're a Sooner? I swear....Everybody in Sports knows we got screwed. It's a known fact that that was the 3rd time in a row they would of lost and they couldn't handle it. Our boys played their asses off and got screwed. I have no proof of how deep all of that went but it's pretty obvious the Ref did more than make a mistake. His actions in the months and years after that pretty much have convinced me that there was a fix in and that if it was possible to blow close calls in a close game....it was going to be done.

It's one of the blackest days in Football and now that there is replay...I dare say the play would have gone our way.
    Have to agree with you. Seeing his person, not just during and right after our game, and his before and after history makes scenario that he got compensated for his 'bad calls' and 'mistakes'. Yes I'm saying he was probably paid before.

There's no way Phil would know the types of opportunities that the refs would be able to manipulate. And seeing how bad they were and pretty much looked set up, you bet your *** he helped them while they were suspended/jobless.
    That game 'put' them on the map.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 tcrb's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    They used replay in that game and still got the calls wrong.
    Yep. That's what made it so obvious that it was a fix. The video evidence was completely clear on all three of those bad calls in the waning moments of that game, but the entire crew refused to make the right call. Iknow they wont, but I wish the cheaters would get the death penalty.