Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Obama and the Seals..

Let's be clear on this: OBAMA did NOT kill Bin Laden. An American sailor, who Obama, just a few weeks ago, was debating on whether or not to PAY, did.

In fact, if you remember a little less than two years ago, his administration actually charged and attempted to court-martial 3 Navy Seals from Seal Team Six, when a terrorist suspect they captured, complained they had punched him during the take down and bloodied his nose.

His administration further commented how brutal they were. The left were calling them Nazi's and Baby Killers. Now all of a sudden, the very brave men they vilified are now heroes when they make his administration look good in the eyes of the public.

Obama just happened to be the one in office when the CIA finally found the b...... And our sailors took him out. Essentially, Obama only gave an answer. Yes or No, to him being taken out. This is NOT an Obama victory, but an AMERICAN victory!!

Ed Schreiber
    Col. USMC (Ret.)
    "Semper Fi"

OBAMA'S OWN WORDS TRAP HIM:

2008: "Navy Seal Team 6 is Cheney's private assassination team."

2011: "I put together Seal Team 6 to take out Bin Laden."

2008: "Bin Laden is innocent until proven guilty, and must be captured alive and given a fair trial."

2011: "I authorized Seal Team 6 to kill Bin Laden."

2008: "Guantanamo is entirely unnecessary, and the detainees should not be interrogated."

2011: "Vital intelligence was obtained from Guantanamo detainees that led to our locating Bin Laden."

Once again, "Sleaze" will say or do anything to cast himself in a favorable light.

How can anyone continue to support this unethical, arrogant, lying, corrupt sh!head?

vCash

Re: Obama and the Seals..

Because none of the other politicians are materially different?
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

Facepalm

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Cut and paste, wheee!!!!

I got this spam about 4 weeks ago. Thanks.
    Atheist.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

It's funny how chain emails get longer and longer as time goes by.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash
    Atheist.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Generally speaking, it's not hard to fool folks who believe the President is a Muslim, that the world is 6,000 years old and that Jesus rode around on t-rexes.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Why is it that we are unable to see shades of grey anymore? George 'W' (for whom I voted, twice) was vilified by 'the left' for anything he did above and beyond breathing (and that was a close call for many). Now Obama (for whom I have voted once and may have to again unless the GOP pulls its collective thumb out of its collective *** and nominates someone with an IQ above double digits who is NOT a bible thumping ideologue) gets the same treatment.
    Surely we all realize that a skinny 50 year old president was not fast ropiing into Osama's compound. Yes? Can we give him credit, however, for green lighting a mission that very well might have blown up in his face politiically? (Not the same 'downside risk' that the SEALS faced, but real enough in the political world.)
    If we can do that, I believe it frees us up to have the real debates that truly shape our world: like whether our government should have a central or subsidiary role in our economy. And whether we need another pile of securities regulation....or should just try and enforce what we already had ... and ignored. And with whom and how we should interact in the broader world. And about 9000 other issues that are far more important than the endless stream of vitriol we seem to want to squirt on each other.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Why is it that we are unable to see shades of grey anymore? George 'W' (for whom I voted, twice) was vilified by 'the left' for anything he did above and beyond breathing (and that was a close call for many). Now Obama (for whom I have voted once and may have to again unless the GOP pulls its collective thumb out of its collective *** and nominates someone with an IQ above double digits who is NOT a bible thumping ideologue) gets the same treatment.
    Surely we all realize that a skinny 50 year old president was not fast ropiing into Osama's compound. Yes? Can we give him credit, however, for green lighting a mission that very well might have blown up in his face politiically? (Not the same 'downside risk' that the SEALS faced, but real enough in the political world.)
    If we can do that, I believe it frees us up to have the real debates that truly shape our world: like whether our government should have a central or subsidiary role in our economy. And whether we need another pile of securities regulation....or should just try and enforce what we already had ... and ignored. And with whom and how we should interact in the broader world. And about 9000 other issues that are far more important than the endless stream of vitriol we seem to want to squirt on each other.
    please, this board has no place for reason or common sense. please refrain from posting this kind of stuff ever again.
    sig this

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Kanto, Obama had no real choice on how to react to Bin Laden...

He had three choices to pick from...

1. Do nothing and risk a massive backlash if the info was released to the public...

2. Bomb the compound and risk not having a body as proof of his death...

3. Go in with the Seals...

It was a no brainer...

vCash

I would assume that people like the OP have always existed. You know for a fact that someone in this country thought Adams was a secret British imperialist or something, and it's a real shame that nut didn't get a forum to voice his nonsense.

After our intelligence adventures the last few decades and the actions of former presidents, I would say the green light to raid that compound wasn't quite as cut and dry as it would appear. Don't get me wrong, the SEALs were the obvious choice, but doing nothing would have been the easy choice.
    Boomer Sooner

vCash

Why all of these threads about people?

Eleanor Roosevelt put it best:

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

(and yes, the attribution of the quote is questionable before anyone goes off and politifacts me)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerscuba View Post
    I would assume that people like the OP have always existed. You know for a fact that someone in this country thought Adams was a secret British imperialist or something, and it's a real shame that nut didn't get a forum to voice his nonsense.

After our intelligence adventures the last few decades and the actions of former presidents, I would say the green light to raid that compound wasn't quite as cut and dry as it would appear. Don't get me wrong, the SEALs were the obvious choice, but doing nothing would have been the easy choice.
    So you think there was no political risk in doing nothing?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

(and yes, the attribution of the quote is questionable before anyone goes off and politifacts me)
    Excellent, as usual...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Jammin''s Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post

That Eleanor Roosevelt was one fine piece of ***.
    Omelet Posse Token

A hen is only an eggs way of creating another egg.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    So you think there was no political risk in doing nothing?
    Not really, not for the fact as they existed before the raid. Assuming that what is coming out of the government is true, they simply could have said they had it as a possible target but did not have solid enough intelligence to carry out a mission.
    Boomer Sooner

vCash

WHAAAAAT?!?! I thought Obama went into that compound and popped a clip into Bin Laden's eye.

I'm so disappointed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Excellent, as usual...
    To expand on that concept, perhaps this phenomenon exists because some people (OP, for example) like to make conclusions without knowing all (or any) of the facts.

Bringing us further away from the topic, I listened to KTOK (talk radio in OKC) on the day of the Jerome Ersland verdict knowing full well what a hot mess the evening drive show would be. As predicted, the callers had formed conclusions, and to a person, none of them actually knew what happened, and that is still the case.

I blame our society for turning out a bunch of lazy thinkers who are more interested in letting someone else analyze facts, they'll just form conclusions which are loosely based on their values.

Essentially, ITT, we see a fine example of, then discuss confirmation bias.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerscuba View Post
    Not really, not for the fact as they existed before the raid. Assuming that what is coming out of the government is true, they simply could have said they had it as a possible target but did not have solid enough intelligence to carry out a mission.
    He would have been blistered to not take the risk....hell, he has hundreds of thousands of troops in harms way each and every day...20 somethings are making life and death decisions in the field every day...

Obama has stated since day one he wanted to take the sob out...the facts they found by various methods promised something like a 70% chance he was in the compound... to miss out on a chance to take him out would have been political suicide if the info was released...

He had little logical choice in the decision that was made...

vCash

DFTT