Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Kyle Singler to the Thunder?

The Thunder are interested or at least mulling over the thought of taking Duke's Kyle Singler with the 24th pick.

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sp...ingler/4763663

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumbli...ld-get-tricky/

Thoughts?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Kyle Singler to the Thunder?

It will be interesting to see what the Thunder do, because I do think they need some depth behind KD...When you have a superstar at any given position, in this case Durant at the SF, do you really risk busting on a first round pick to provide depth at a position that is pretty well accounted for?

Not really sure how much more youth the Thunder need at this point, so if they are looking for depth behind Durant, or any of their other positions, I'd say you go the way of signing a Veteran Free Agent. They shouldn't cost you too much money and you know whether or not the guy is an effective NBA player.

If you were going to draft a SF, I'd want it to be someone that can post up and I'm not sure Singler brings that type of game. If that isn't in the cards this year at pick 24, I'd just look to trade the pick for extra second rounder projects or maybe an extra first rounder next year, and build through free agency this year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Not a strong free agent class this year, though.
    at this point in the process, I can only assume it was a typo and they meant to say "cram"...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I have no idea what Presti and Brooks will decide to do But they have made a believer out of me.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

I'm no NBA scout, but I don't think Singler is going to do much at the next level and would be disappointed if the Thunder took him in the first round (and that's ignoring that he went to Dook). If Presti decides to go for a backup for KD, I really like Jordan Hamilton, Justin Harper, or maybe even Chandler Parsons. Hamilton would be my number one choice, but we'd have to trade up to get him.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

decent size, can shoot the 3 bomb. maybe he will be a good pick?!
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

He looked less scary before he arrived at Dook:

Then you add Sith Lord Coach K into the equation and suddenly:

Joking aside, Duke alums have so-so track records in the NBA and I'm not sure the Thunder would want or need Kyle.

vCash

I think he's Adam Morrison 2.0...

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Didn't MJ draft him to the Bobby kitties? Sure have heard a lot about him since then

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUMallen's Avatar
    vCash

He's way, way way way way way way way way WAY smarter and tougher than that.

I've watched pretty much every Duke game the last two years.

Things Kyle is:
    Smart, tough as nails, a gamer, huge motor, selfless teammate, can play inside and outside, and a really good defender. He's a glue guy that does anything asked of him and never, ever quits. At times, he could take over a game and was the MVP in the Final Four of 2010, IIRC.

Things he ain't:
    very athletic (which hurts his defense at the next level), especially skilled in any one area, very big, very fast. He can't take over a game on command, and was prone to long shooting slumps this past year.

I would like the pick because he is an above-average shooter and could provide a jump-shooting threat from anyplace on the floor and is decent in the post if he's one on one. However, what I don't think he can do is bang inside, and he's not going to be a great defender at the next level, but his offense isn't quite good enough/consistent enough to over come that. His lack of athleticism will hurt a lot. Moreover, while he'll be an OK shooter at the next level, the thing this team doesn't need is more pull-up jumpers. We need some spot-up 3 point shooting.
    Olevet Posse Bail Bondsman

"I searched through rebellion, drugs, diets, mysticism, religions, intellectualism and much more, only to begin to find that truth is basically simple - and feels good, clean and right"
    - Chick Corea

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    He's way, way way way way way way way way WAY smarter and tougher than that.

I've watched pretty much every Duke game the last two years.

Things Kyle is:
    Smart, tough as nails, a gamer, huge motor, selfless teammate, can play inside and outside, and a really good defender. He's a glue guy that does anything asked of him and never, ever quits. At times, he could take over a game and was the MVP in the Final Four of 2010, IIRC.

Things he ain't:
    very athletic (which hurts his defense at the next level), especially skilled in any one area, very big, very fast. He can't take over a game on command, and was prone to long shooting slumps this past year.

I would like the pick because he is an above-average shooter and could provide a jump-shooting threat from anyplace on the floor and is decent in the post if he's one on one. However, what I don't think he can do is bang inside, and he's not going to be a great defender at the next level, but his offense isn't quite good enough/consistent enough to over come that. His lack of athleticism will hurt a lot. Moreover, while he'll be an OK shooter at the next level, the thing this team doesn't need is more pull-up jumpers. We need some spot-up 3 point shooting.
    I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I see Singler having a very minimal impact at the next level. If you're going to be slow and unathletic in the NBA, the one thing you need to do is be able to hit long jumpers consistently, and he really didn't do that at Duke...Might as well get someone who can, like Harper, and who also happens to be more athletic. I will very disappointed if we draft Singler, probably more so than when we drafted Aldrich. Black power?

vCash

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I see Singler having a very minimal impact at the next level. If you're going to be slow and unathletic in the NBA, the one thing you need to do is be able to hit long jumpers consistently, and he really didn't do that at Duke...Might as well get someone who can, like Harper, and who also happens to be more athletic. I will very disappointed if we draft Singler, probably more so than when we drafted Aldrich. Black power?
    I'm not sure where you got that I thought he'd have meaningful impact with this squad. He won't. My main point was that he's better than Adam Morrison.

I am still pissy about drafting Aldrich, too. I think you and I think alike.

"I searched through rebellion, drugs, diets, mysticism, religions, intellectualism and much more, only to begin to find that truth is basically simple - and feels good, clean and right"
    - Chick Corea

Actual Poor Student SoonerofAlabama's Avatar
    vCash

Reggie Jackson, BC

"Competition is the best motivator you have. That's Oklahoma."
    -Jay Norvell

vCash

Wanted Hamilton, but in Presti I trust. I think Jenkins will be a good player, and it shows how the Thunder don't think they'll be able to keep Maynor.

Actual Poor Student SoonerofAlabama's Avatar
    vCash

And the Mavs get Jordan Hamilton, UT

"Competition is the best motivator you have. That's Oklahoma."
    -Jay Norvell

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

I kind of have mixed feelings. I have honestly never heard of the guy. I just hope that he can make an immediate impact. I guess we'll see...hopefully there's no lockout or pushing back of the start of the season. Ready to see the boys at work again.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

I had never heard of Westbrook or Harden before the draft. Worked out good.
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

He'll spend most of the season in the D-League. There just wasn't a lot of choice out there and our 'rotation' is pretty set for next season anyway.
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner59 View Post
    I had never heard of Westbrook or Harden before the draft. Worked out good.
    I agree, and I love Presti...

...but I watched tons of ACC basketball last year and I never remember this guy.

Oh well, it was said above: In Presti We Trust.

- Chick Corea