vCash

Car Repair Question...

If a brand new replacement part fails in two days, is it unreasonable to expect that it will be replaced for little to no money?
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Car Repair Question...

What part...who did the work...what is their policy..

vCash

When I had my shop open, I would warranty parts and labor for at least 30 days. If the Part had a longer warranty than that, then Id just charge labor to replace it.. Some times they could get the Parts Manufacturer to pay for all of it but not often.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoCaliSooner's Avatar
    vCash

There should be a warranty on the part from the manufacturer. Look on your paperwork for fine print stating warranty. Most manufacturers offer 12 months, mechanics usually offer 90 days.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I think it is very unreasonable
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

ask them with a bat in your hands and also tell them you need it done now, cause you're on your way to the pharmacy.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 tcrb's Avatar
    vCash

What kind of part are we talking about....electrical or mechanical? Did a shop install it, or did you diy? The parts store where I buy my parts honors a 30 day warranty on everything (unless it's improperly installed), more if the manufacturer has a longer warranty. Some electrical parts dont carry a warranty unless installed by a pro and all the proper voltage checks are done prior to install.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    What kind of part are we talking about....electrical or mechanical? Did a shop install it, or did you diy? The parts store where I buy my parts honors a 30 day warranty on everything (unless it's improperly installed), more if the manufacturer has a longer warranty. Some electrical parts dont carry a warranty unless installed by a pro and all the proper voltage checks are done prior to install.
    Ignition switch. Done by a shop because I'm bad at electrical stuff, and didn't want to tear apart the car outdoors in 95 degree weather.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 tcrb's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5 View Post
    Ignition switch. Done by a shop because I'm bad at electrical stuff, and didn't want to tear apart the car outdoors in 95 degree weather.
    If the shop is one that's been around for a while, or intends to be around for a while, they should replace that for you. I would expect no charge or minimal charge for labor. The only caveat that might come into play is if they find something else besides the switch that's also part of the problem. But even then, I would have expected them to identify that in the original diagnosis.
    If it were me, I'd take it back to them and state my expectations that they fix it no charge and take a firm stance unless they could show me some pretty solid evidence that they are not at fault.

vCash

I just talked to them. It was a part failure, and they are picking up the whole deal for free, parts, labor, and tow.