http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA_dgRdDhk

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mongo's Avatar
    vCash

Re: so, this is what it looks like

that looked like it hurts

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner_Tuf's Avatar
    vCash

The bad guy was shot multiple times in both situations. There was no second guy that we can see in this one.

You are saying you like the look of one better than the other? Of course video gives us an insight to what it is happening but doesn't really take us there. It tells us a part of the story but does not give us all the facts.

The main difference between this robbery and the one at Reliable Pharmacy is the criminals of Ohio do not have David Prater in their corner.
    OSU still aspires respect and OU still likes to blow out their candle.

dear sooner tuf

im pushing buttons - please reset yours...all those words up there....i'm saying this:

good guy 1, bad guy 0

actually - i will say this - the clerk with the gun took a huge risk shooting at the bad guy with the woman and kid standing where they were - that could have gone very badly - it might have been smarter to just give the dude the cash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mongo's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan View Post
    actually - i will say this - the clerk with the gun took a huge risk shooting at the bad guy with the woman and kid standing where they were - that could have gone very badly - it might have been smarter to just give the dude the cash
    yeah, but looked like that dude was very well trained to use that thing. He was calm as can be talking to that other lady while unholstering the gun.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

and just like the Ersland case, thank God nobody important got hurt

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OutlandTrophy's Avatar
    vCash

no joke, that's was very very dangerous to do with the mom and kid inbetween the shooters.

glad it turned out for the best
    Conway Twitty got more ***** by accident than regular guys get on purpose

vCash

Yes it was evident in your first post that you were saying more. You wouldn't have posted it if you didn't want a response.

Why would it have been smarter to give the guy the cash? What if he started shooting during the robbery? You think if the robber had been successful that would discourage him or others from continuing this behavior?

You guys kill me. The clerk isn't the problem. He was at work doing what working people do. The fact that people feel the need to spend their hard earned dollars on weapons to defend themselves should be a clue to you to open your eyes and look around.

The clerk should get life in prison if not the death penalty.

The BG was running away and clearly no longer a threat to anyone. He was also obviously just trying to better his life by taking up this new career which this insensitive clerk has now stolen from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Tuf View Post
    Yes it was evident in your first post that you were saying more. You wouldn't have posted it if you didn't want a response.

Why would it have been smarter to give the guy the cash? What if he started shooting during the robbery? You think if the robber had been successful that would discourage him or others from continuing this behavior?

You guys kill me. The clerk isn't the problem. He was at work doing what working people do. The fact that people feel the need to spend their hard earned dollars on weapons to defend themselves should be a clue to you to open your eyes and look around.
    i applaud the clerk - i have a CHL myself and would have done the same damn thing..kudo's to him for being a great shot and acting so cool in a tough situation

my point was - he felt threatened after shooting him - he kept his gun pointed at him even though he was apparently on the ground - never turned his back.......see, you guys that cant read kill me......the title of the thread said everything about the point i was making

Sooner All-World
    vCash

you wanna threaten someone then become a coward when someone is willing to play the game with you? If you get one between the eyes then oh well.

What this country needs is a little more street justice!

Oh, and I am saddened by the fact mr. farmacy got sent to prison. kid got what was coming.

vCash

i applaud the clerk - i have a CHL myself and would have done the same damn thing..kudo's to him for being a great shot and acting so cool in a tough situation

my point was - he felt threatened after shooting him - he kept his gun pointed at him even though he was apparently on the ground - never turned his back.......see, you guys that cant read kill me......the title of the thread said everything about the point i was making
    So the guy that turned his back and ran didn't feel threatened? Because we all know that is the standard - turn your back no fear.

I could tell you were applauding the clerk when you posted the follwing;

Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    After all the most important part of any accolade is telling someone it would have been smarter to do something other than what they did.

I am not sure why you have a CHL (CCW?) if you think it is better to just give "the dude the cash".

vCash

that was a huge risk. right? I mean you're not taking the stand that it wasn't, are you?

vCash

how in the world does that mother just stand there when bullets are flying?
    I would hope that my wife would have junior on the ground as soon as a firearm was brandished.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Was wondering the same. Can you imagine how loud that was?

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OutlandTrophy View Post
    that was a huge risk. right? I mean you're not taking the stand that it wasn't, are you?
    If you are addressing me please be more specific. Was what a huge risk?

What about taking the stand? What stand? You want my testimony about what I saw on a two dimensional video on YouTube? For real?

Are you trying to put the monkey on the clerk's back? For all we know he prevented an armed criminal from murdering the four innocent people in the video.

What exactly do you think the robber was threatening to do with that weapon? I mean you aren't saying the robber wasn't thinking about shooting those people are you?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Tuf View Post
    If you are addressing me please be more specific. Was what a huge risk?

What about taking the stand? What stand? You want my testimony about what I saw on a two dimensional video on YouTube? For real?

Are you trying to put the monkey on the clerk's back? For all we know he prevented an armed criminal from murdering the four innocent people in the video.

What exactly do you think the robber was threatening to do with that weapon? I mean you aren't saying the robber wasn't thinking about shooting those people are you?
    jeebus, I ask one question that you dodge and then come back with 47 oquestions of your own? Impressive.

The huge risk was shooting the amerd burglar with a mother holding her kid inbetween the clerk and the criminal. I thought that was pretty evident. I'm glad it worked it out for everyone. It appeared that you were arguing (taking a stand) that that was not risky. My apologies if you were not.

I am not putting the monkey on the clerk's back, he did a great job. If that situation was figure skating or gymnastics I'd give him a 5.0.

Thankfully life if more like football and all that matters is that you scored not that there were two fumbles and one missed block on a 70 yard TD run.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OutlandTrophy View Post
    how in the world does that mother just stand there when bullets are flying?
    I would hope that my wife would have junior on the ground as soon as a firearm was brandished.
    I would guess she was shocked and trying to comprehend what was going on there. Maybe the robber demanded nobody move, who knows?

Really when you are critiquing the actions of the bystanders I think maybe you have missed the point.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 tcrb's Avatar
    vCash

There's always a risk when you start popping off rounds with bystanders nearby in a confined area. I think the clerk probably had a clearer field of fire than it appears on that video because of the angle that the camera is pointed makes it look like he was firing much closer to the mom/kid than I think it was. He was obviously confident in his marksmanship, it was the bad guy firing off an errant round that would have worried me more than my own accuracy. You cant see the position of the bad guy as he is lying on the ground, or the location of his firearm, so I'm guessing that the shooter was concerned that the guy still had hiis gun in-hand and could still somehow get off a shot at him. Better to be safe than sorry in that situation.