Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Car

Smart Car

i saw one today - being driven by somebody i didnt expect to see in one

so - when you think of a smart car - what demographic do you visualize in a smart car?

age group? gender? race?

vCash

Re: Smart Car

anyone with more money than sense

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OutlandTrophy's Avatar
    vCash

yermom
    Conway Twitty got more ***** by accident than regular guys get on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    anyone with more money than sense
    haha - no seriously

the person driving was a young teenage male - i always thought of the smart car as a ride for the older more "green" conscious crowd

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OutlandTrophy View Post
    yermom

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan View Post
    haha - no seriously

the person driving was a young teenage male - i always thought of the smart car as a ride for the older more "green" conscious crowd
    probably not an awful car to buy your teenage kid...

i just think something like the small Scion makes more sense for the money involved

not an awful car? it's a matchbox - i wouldnt feel safe letting an inexperienced driver fart around the dallas area in one of those - sudden stop collisions are the norm around here and i'm not sure you'd be able to pull anybody out of one of those

they're just small enough that you could bury somebody in it though

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mongo's Avatar
    vCash

He tries to have sex with girls in the most uncomfortable place.

Like in the back of a Smart car?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    He tries to have sex with girls in the most uncomfortable place.

Like in the back of a Smart car?

vCash

not an awful car? it's a matchbox - i wouldnt feel safe letting an inexperienced driver fart around the dallas area in one of those - sudden stop collisions are the norm around here and i'm not sure you'd be able to pull anybody out of one of those

they're just small enough that you could bury somebody in it though
    makes more sense than the overpowered top heavy SUVs that they can kill themselves and 5-6 of their friends in...

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    makes more sense than the overpowered top heavy SUVs that they can kill themselves and 5-6 of their friends in...
    I dunno - you see old people driving the big battle wagons - and why is that? so that when they inevitably hit somebody - they stand a better chance of surviving

vCash

i would agree that Smart Cars might be cool if everyone drove them, then parking lots could be optimized for them or something too

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MR2-Sooner86's Avatar
    vCash

I saw this at my cousin's high school graduation. I thought it was hilarious.

Loved By The People
    "you are a disgusting pig and should be punished for such vile language. Would you like your mom to see that you wrote that? YOU=Disgusting pig."
    "you lack any semblance of taste and suggest substandard upbringing and education"
    "Guess what? You're a ****ing dildo!"
    "You're an asshat!"
    "racist pig by any chance?"

Sooner Benchwarmer TheLadiesMike's Avatar
    vCash

i saw one today - being driven by somebody i didnt expect to see in one

so - when you think of a smart car - what demographic do you visualize in a smart car?

age group? gender? race?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqOgnQyXp4
    Destiny rides again.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I live in Europe, and Smarts are extremely common here. I must see 20 or 30 on a slow day. I forget that they must still be rare in OK. (On the other hand, I see about 5 Hummers per year over here...)

When I think of the demographic for a Smart, I see 20-something women.

Frankly, their survivability in a crash is too suspect for me to recommend putting teenaged drivers in there. (SUVs are far, far safer for their occupants, not so much for those on the receiving end.)

One note, here in Germany Smarts are VERY common as corporate cars. Not sure why. I guess they are inexpensive options for transportation, so they make sense.
    Nebraska and Oklahoma made up one of the greatest college football rivalries of all time. They played every year between 1928-97, and two times every four years since then. Their games in the Big Eight decided the conference championship 16 of 19 times between 1970-88. OU leads the series 44-38-3. --The Associated Press, December 1, 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoCaliSooner's Avatar
    vCash

My kid is going to drive the 69 Bronco and plow through anything in her way.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 GKeeper316's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Barry's Back View Post
    I live in Europe, and Smarts are extremely common here. I must see 20 or 30 on a slow day. I forget that they must still be rare in OK. (On the other hand, I see about 5 Hummers per year over here...)

When I think of the demographic for a Smart, I see 20-something women.

Frankly, their survivability in a crash is too suspect for me to recommend putting teenaged drivers in there. (SUVs are far, far safer for their occupants, not so much for those on the receiving end.)

One note, here in Germany Smarts are VERY common as corporate cars. Not sure why. I guess they are inexpensive options for transportation, so they make sense.
    i'm sure fleet insurance is cheap for smart cars too.

personally, till it transforms from a badass camaro into a walking talking robot with frikkin lazer beams, i won't consider it smart.
    There's few things in the world that can't be fixed by the liberal application of duct tape.

Those who say winning isn't everything are the people you want to play against.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Someone told me that they call it a Smart car because the materials can be recycled.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Whet's Avatar
    vCash

there is a guy that brings it to the OU games. He tows it in a trailer behind his RV.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I looked at one at the auto show. Gas mileage was not that good, it was more expensive than it should be, and the warranty was a joke. I don't see how anyone could justify the purchase.