Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash

Re: Game 5: Thunder vs. Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by AlboSooner View Post
    The fatigue is evident in both teams. Neither teams will score 100 pts
    ha..you were right....but they could've gone over 100 if they wanted instead of dribbling around the last 10 seconds
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner KB View Post
    I would find it extremely shocking if NBA coaches never talked any kind of X's or O's and left all strategy up to the players. I would probably say it would probably be the most utterly shocking sports related thing I've heard in my entire life. I would be completely incomprehensible. Maybe you can call the Sports Animal tomorrow and ask the guys if coaches have any hand in strategy. I would be fairly confident in making a bet that they indeed do.
    Hear is the deal, when the camera is on the coach I have never heard them say anything about X's and O's. It's always "keep playing", "we need to play better D", "Don't give up".

Here are some possibilities as to why:

a) The coaches are aware when the cameras are on and won't talk X's and O's during that time. I seriously doubt this is the case but maybe.

b) The NBA will not allow the cameras to show huddle footage when strategy is being discussed. This is possible since every time you see these TV shots they are not live shots.

c) These guys are the best of the best. Strategy is taken care of by calling plays and taking care of match ups. There is no need to discuss it since it can all be taken care of by calling plays. This seems unlikely since it doesn't appear that many plays are actually called. Especially with the Thunder. The Thunders strategy is to out athlete the other team. Its a one-on-one game.

This is just an observation that i have made. I coach HS basketball and the TV shots of the coaches huddle is not very realistic compared to what actually happens. I was just curious as to why? Do I think NBA coaches discuss X's and O's? Sure I do. but in these playsoffs I have not heard it.

vCash

you have heard maybe 1 10-second clip from each coach in each game. Just because you haven't heard it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

They show lots of coaches huddle clips during each game. I bet they show half a dozen clips of a coaches huddle during a game.

vCash

ooh, 6 whole huddles? yeah, you can tell everything a coach says from that.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbrat View Post
    ooh, 6 whole huddles? yeah, you can tell everything a coach says from that.