Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Signing day is April 13th...What would you do?

I do believe.

We do not have many open spots on our roster.

With that said, what does Kruger do?

I personally think he needs to do some spring cleaning with our roster.

Keep: Fitz, Pledger, Blair, Orsby, and Clark Maybe one or two others.

Then he needs to see if he can persuade some of his recruits from UNLV to OU.

Then he needs to attack the JUCO ranks and grab a few there.

It sucks having to cut anyone off from a scholarship, but we are loaded with a bunch of guys that can go elsewhere to play and that are not really D-1 caliber to begin with.

So, what do you think our new head coach should do?

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

vCash

Re: Signing day is April 13th...

I like your ideas. A couple of really good players can change the program back. The good players and their success can be an extra recruitment tool on its own (see BG).
    Quote Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    the big 12 is myspace in 2008

vCash

Re: Signing day is April 13th...What would you do?

I guess everyone agrees!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

I say we poach Kentucky and duke's classes.

Easy as pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by bri
    NOW, WITNESS THE ORANGE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL HALF-EMPTY STADIUM!!!!!

vCash

I'd hire marty to recruit.....pay him with gift certificate to an Austin Gay Bar and then blame him for everything that happens next year.

Then I'd get a jump on recruiting for 2012 and make sure all Basketball Season Tickets seats weren't tied to Football Donors so they could get better Seats for the RRSO. Then I'd make sure anyone who hadn't showed for games before tip off got their seats sold at general admission prices so that every seat was filled for every game. No Refunds either. if the Season Ticket holder did show after tip off they could have standing room only unless it was sold out.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

If you check the roster we have 10 players and I incoming player(Goff) that yotals 11,which leaves 2 for this signing class. As for Hardrick and Thonpson,while they are dead weight Lon will have to make the call to NOT renew their schollies.I have no idea what he will dohaving not followed KSU<UNLV,Illinois,or UF during his coaching career.I would guess that Lon would NOT try to bring any UNLV commits with him.It seems to be an unwriiten rule that coaches don't do this.Tubbs did not bring any Lamar recruits to OU(although judging from his 9-18 first year ) he could have used them.Likewise Sampson did not bring any WSU commits,and Capel no VCU commits.On the other hand he COULD possibly land recruits that he was after while at UNLV since they would be uncommited.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    If you check the roster we have 10 players and I incoming player(Goff) that yotals 11,which leaves 2 for this signing class. As for Hardrick and Thonpson,while they are dead weight Lon will have to make the call to NOT renew their schollies.I have no idea what he will dohaving not followed KSU<UNLV,Illinois,or UF during his coaching career.I would guess that Lon would NOT try to bring any UNLV commits with him.It seems to be an unwriiten rule that coaches don't do this.Tubbs did not bring any Lamar recruits to OU(although judging from his 9-18 first year ) he could have used them.Likewise Sampson did not bring any WSU commits,and Capel no VCU commits.On the other hand he COULD possibly land recruits that he was after while at UNLV since they would be uncommited.
    Nate Erdmann.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Nate Erdmann.
    Nate Erdmann left WSU for Juco and then transferred to OU,did not go from WSU to OU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

UNLV would have to agree to release them from their LOI if they have signed
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

[QUOTE=Collier11;3190371]UNLV would have to agree to release them from their LOI if they have signed[/QUOTE.I doubt Kruger tries to get any committed players much less signed players.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Really? You want to keep 7 guys at the most and bank on signing another 5 this late in the signing period? Uh, great idea.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

I can find five small town white guys from southwest kansas that could take OU to the touney next year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Really? You want to keep 7 guys at the most and bank on signing another 5 this late in the signing period? Uh, great idea.
    Name a better option?

We are losing Cade.
    We have one other open.

Then we will have 5 seniors on the team where maybe 2 of them (Orsby and maybe Washington) will ever see the floor for a significant amount of time.

Then we will have 4 Juniors, 3 of which I said before that we should keep. Hardrick...not so much!

Then we have 3 Sophomores. Only of which I would keep Clark. Newell and Neal, they may stay, but after this past seasons performance, they would not be in my rotation unless they show vast improvement and discipline on the court.

Like I said, I would do some spring cleaning. If you can fill your roster, then no biggie, at least you will have those scholarships the following year!

Keep: Clark, Pledger, Fitz, Orsby, Blair. I would think about keeping Neal, Washington, and Honore.

The rest I would say sorry, but good luck! That would give us 4 or 5spots, yet also enough to have an 8 man rotation in case I couldnt get all 4 or 5.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    Name a better option?

We are losing Cade.
    We have one other open.

Then we will have 5 seniors on the team where maybe 2 of them (Orsby and maybe Washington) will ever see the floor for a significant amount of time

Osby will be starting, Washington will get PT

Then we will have 4 Juniors, 3 of which I said before that we should keep. Hardrick...not so much!

Then we have 3 Sophomores. Only of which I would keep Clark. Newell and Neal, they may stay, but after this past seasons performance, they would not be in my rotation unless they show vast improvement and discipline on the court.

Newell and Neal were freshmen and played pretty decent, Neal played very well at times and Clark has a TON of potential to be really good...not sure why you would want to give up on them

Like I said, I would do some spring cleaning. If you can fill your roster, then no biggie, at least you will have those scholarships the following year!

Keep: Clark, Pledger, Fitz, Orsby, Blair. I would think about keeping Neal, Washington, and Honore.

The rest I would say sorry, but good luck! That would give us 4 or 5spots, yet also enough to have an 8 man rotation in case I couldnt get all 4 or 5.
    Sorry 75, this is a horrible horrible idea. You dont gut 4 to 5 spots out of your roster, you have to have depth, especially playing in the Big 12. Also, Kruger has proven he can develop players. You dont get rid of guys who have been in the system for a bunch of unknowns. The chances of finding 4 or 5 guys...or even 2 or 3 at this point who would be worth a damn are slim and none.

Hopefully Kruger can find another impact guy, if he can do that and he can improve our current players then we will be on the track back to success
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

Not to mention the APR/scholarship considerations, especially for the seniors. Let them graduate to help our numbers. For any number of reasons, OU has had a lot of kids leave the team and probably on notice for possible reduction of scholarships if the APR doesn't improve.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    Name a better option?

We are losing Cade.
    We have one other open.

Then we will have 5 seniors on the team where maybe 2 of them (Orsby and maybe Washington) will ever see the floor for a significant amount of time.

Until you stop posting like Jenny Carlson writes, I don't think I can respond to your post.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

Plus it would be a pretty dick move to take a scholarship from a kid because they aren't good enough. If that kid has good grades and has done everything the coaching staff has asked of them and they just aren't good, that would be the programs problem and not theirs in my book

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf_The_Grey View Post
    Plus it would be a pretty dick move to take a scholarship from a kid because they aren't good enough. If that kid has good grades and has done everything the coaching staff has asked of them and they just aren't good, that would be the programs problem and not theirs in my book
    Exactly. Kicking someone off the team like TJ Franklin, a player who's been in the program for 3 years, just because he doesn't contribute on a nightly basis, is stupid.

Until you stop posting like Jenny Carlson writes, I don't think I can respond to your post.

vCash

Exactly. Kicking someone off the team like TJ Franklin, a player who's been in the program for 3 years, just because he doesn't contribute on a nightly basis, is stupid.
    Why would Kruger want to get rid of Franklin or Honroe?They are walkons.