Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BOOMERBRADLEY's Avatar
    vCash

WTF? Seriously guys?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...tos-us-soldier

US soldiers in Afghanistan posing with dead civilians
    'Trophy' pictures show US soldiers posing with corpses of Afghan civilians they are accused of killing for sport

Jon Boone in Kabul
    guardian.co.uk, Monday 21 March 2011 21.56 GMT
    Article history

A
    US soldier poses with the corpse of an Afghan boy – one of three photographs published by German magazine Der Spiegel. Photograph: AP
    The face of Jeremy Morlock, a young US soldier, grins at the camera, his hand holding up the head of the dead and bloodied youth he and his colleagues have just killed in an act military prosecutors say was premeditated murder.

Moments before the picture was taken in January last year, the unsuspecting victim had been waved over by a group of US soldiers who had driven to his village in Kandahar province in one of their armoured Stryker tanks.

According to testimony collected by Der Spiegel magazine the boy had, as a matter of routine, lifted up his shirt to reveal that he was not hiding a suicide bomb vest.

That was the moment Morlock, according to a pre-arranged plan, threw a grenade at the boy that exploded while other members of the rogue group who called themselves the "kill team" opened fire.

They would later tell military investigators that the boy, a farmer's son, had threatened them with the grenade.

The pictures include a similar photograph of a different soldier posing with the same victim and a photograph of two other civilians killed by the unit.

There was no sign on Monday of the anticipated public outrage. But with Afghanistan on holiday for the Persian new year celebrations, and media outlets initially unable to get hold of the images, anger may yet build.

The US ambassador to Afghanistan, Karl Eikenberry, recently confided to officials that he feared it might trigger the same kind of scandal as that at Abu Ghraib in Iraq, where images of prisoners being abused by US soldiers sparked anti-American protests.

For weeks the US government has been working to pre-empt any outrage, with top officials, including the US vice president Joe Biden, in talks with Hamid Karzai, the Afghan president.

Despite being a setback in the propaganda war between the western coalition and its insurgent enemies, Nato will be relieved that for the time being only a tiny sample of a total collection of roughly 4,000 images and video clips have found their way into the public domain.

The publication of the photos will also mark the ultimate disgrace of the group of young US soldiers, who are currently facing military justice for killing innocent civilians for sport and mutilating their bodies by cutting off fingers and ripping out teeth to keep as trophies.

Morlock has turned on his former colleagues, agreeing to testify against them in return for a reduced jail sentence. Some of the activities of the group are already public, with 12 men currently on trial in Seattle for their role in the killing of three civilians. Morlock has told investigators that Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs was the ringleader. In videotaped evidence, he has said Gibbs would pick out a possible target with a comment such as: "You guys wanna wax this guy or what?"

Gibbs, if found guilty, could receive a life sentence.

Hans-Ulrich Stoldt, a spokesman for Der Spiegel, said the magazine had other, more graphic photos.

"We published three but not others, and we even pixilated those we did print so that the victims could not be identified," Stoldt said. "We needed to document [the accusations] in some form, and were as restrained as possible."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerNate's Avatar
    vCash

Re: WTF? Seriously guys?

Obama G'Rhaib

I want to know what Barry Hussein knew and when he knew it.

I demand hearings
    twitter: @ palmbeachsooner

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mongo's Avatar
    vCash

I prefer my war time kill shot pics to be more gruesome. That one is a let down

Administrator
    vCash

I don't know what everyone is so upset about. Hell, it's the Native-American way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerNate View Post
    Obama G'Rhaib

I want to know what Barry Hussein knew and when he knew it.

I demand hearings
    Just because the libs did it to W at every turn doesn't mean it was justified.

Copying liberals, in the long run, will only make you sad...and give you a penchant for begging.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

vCash

Well just FARK my azz
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 rekamrettuB's Avatar
    vCash

We sent in killing machines. I'm sure quite a few of them aren't right in the head either before heading over there or while they were there. Bad deal but not real surprised to hear.
    And lift up my brother
    To honor this game!

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Well just FARK my azz

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BOOMERBRADLEY's Avatar
    vCash

They can pose with the Taliban all they want. Blow them away and put antlers on them!

Assuming this story is true, I am really disappointed in THOSE guys for this. This is murder and needs to be dealt with swiftly. I am so very thankful for our soldiers but when they start up "Kill Squads" for taking out civilians that is messed up
    Last edited by BOOMERBRADLEY; 3/22/2011 at 09:47 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    **** you KC
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMERBRADLEY View Post
    They can pose with the Taliban all they want. Blow them away and put antlers on them!

Assuming this story is true, I am really disappointed in our guys for this. This is murder and needs to be dealt with swiftly. I am so very thankful for our soldiers but when they start up "Kill Squads" for taking out civilians that is messed up
    Ill say this, Im glad as hell that there weren't as many cameras around in Nam as there are today

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    **** you KC
    meh.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    meh.
    **** off dip ****

You used to be cool then you went to ****
    Thot You and Phil wanted us to chill out?
    Guess it was just Phil

Administrator
    vCash

ixnay. ownay.

vCash

Have Yall noticed how I like playing with the

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    ixnay. ownay.
    otay buckwheatay.

vCash

so what is it Vet? anything done in a uniform is kosher?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    ixnay. ownay.
    Sorry Dean, I had already posted before I saw yours

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

in before the avatar bars

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    so what is it Vet? anything done in a uniform is kosher?
    No Bro its Not, Much like My Lai
    The whole story is never told
    Just what grabs headlines