Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Libya...What should we really do?

Should we just go ahead and throw in some war planes to help patrol the no-fly zone? Or should we just be the logistics behind the scenes?

I actually agree with Obama on the no ground troops as of right now. But I do think we should work in conjunction with France and Britain by being more than just logistical support. I think we should have more than AWACs and ships in the area. I think we should bomb all air defense systems and then let France and Britain to patrol the no-fly zone.

If Gadahfi decides to continue to murder his own people, then I think that is when we should change strategies and possibly look at the option of some ground troops. However, I don't think we should take the lead in doing anything with Lybia...we should allow the Arab Nations and the EU to handle this moreso than the US. If there is a time when ground troops are on the ground, then we should just be support, not frontline troops. It definitely needs to remain an international affair.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 mgsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Lybia...What should we really do?

I like the idea of letting France actually get off of their a$$es and do something for once.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    I like the idea of letting France actually get off of their a$$es and do something for once.

I do too, but are they going to **** it up like they did in Vietnam in the 1950s?

vCash

I'm conflicted on this issue...

On the one hand, I oppose these United States becoming involved with the internal civil war of another nation. We have absolutely ZERO business or right to get involved in any conflict in Lybia.

HOWEVER...we should have made that clear from the very beginning. Obama has f'd this up royally and made both he and the United States look weak and indecisive.

I swear, I tried to give that guy the benefit of the doubt and I refused to become party to the stupid right-wing demagoguery but he is so f'ing clueless on international affairs that it boggles the mind.

When given the choice between two choices -- Obama takes the third.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Nuttin a few F-18's and some well placed cruise missles cant handle....Barry's already ****ed this up enough.....

O and some A-10 Warthogs for good measure.....heh....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 1890MilesToNorman's Avatar
    vCash

Ronald Regan will get'em.
    God, how I hate the 21st century.

OleVet Posse - dung slinger
    Free Booze and Spam . What else could a Man want?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 beer4me's Avatar
    vCash

No way in heck should there ever be a boot on the ground there it is a civil war and a no win situation.

The US should provide AWAC cover (seeing how the Saudi's are not going to dirty their hands and use their AWACS) and fire directions and airspace surveillance, etc.

The US should move a carrier into the med sea let the Hornets fly cover support for the UAE and Qatar pilots and let them do the yeoman work. The US can used its advanced weapon systems to take out the SAMS and Air Defense Radars.

There is not going to be much to this after a few of the POS migs get AIMS up their tailpipe they will park those aircraft and walk away from them.

Then it just depends upon how much of the Libyan hardware tanks, field cannons, etc they decide to turn into scrap metal before the army crumbles and leaves Mr. G that will decide how long this will last. I suspect no more than a week.

IMO
    Christ Almighty it's like I am sittn here playn cards with my brothers kids or sumptn you nerve racking sumbitches

You will be shot for this...naw more like chewed out, been chewed out before

Posse numb nutz

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by beer4me View Post
    No way in heck should there ever be a boot on the ground there it is a civil war and a no win situation.

The US should provide AWAC cover (seeing how the Saudi's are not going to dirty their hands and use their AWACS) and fire directions and airspace surveillance, etc.

The US should move a carrier into the med sea let the Hornets fly cover support for the UAE and Qatar pilots and let them do the yeoman work. The US can used its advanced weapon systems to take out the SAMS and Air Defense Radars.

There is not going to be much to this after a few of the POS migs get AIMS up their tailpipe they will park those aircraft and walk away from them.

Then it just depends upon how much of the Libyan hardware tanks, field cannons, etc they decide to turn into scrap metal before the army crumbles and leaves Mr. G that will decide how long this will last. I suspect no more than a week.

IMO
    Schmart ***!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mongo's Avatar
    vCash

Let others take care of the bulk. Let our Navy and AF get a little practice to refresh their minds who has the bigger hang down

vCash

IMO
    True...but if this turns into Gadahfi committing genocide and his army does as he wishes, then I think it makes it more than a civil war.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    True...but if this turns into Gadahfi committing genocide and his army does as he wishes, then I think it makes it more than a civil war.
    genocide is the problem the civil war is another matter entirely, we didn't get involved with Egypt, or any of the others and they worked themselves out.

At least in Egypt they did not go on a genocide spree on their own people.

Now you can argue that well most of the world has wanted Mr. G gone for a long time, and the genocide is just a good excuse to pop this pimple.
    Christ Almighty it's like I am sittn here playn cards with my brothers kids or sumptn you nerve racking sumbitches

Posse numb nutz

vCash

genocide is the problem the civil war is another matter entirely, we didn't get involved with Egypt, or any of the others and they worked themselves out.

At least in Egypt they did not go on a genocide spree on their own people.

Now you can argue that well most of the world has wanted Mr. G gone for a long time, and the genocide is just a good excuse to pop this pimple.

Well, we did take care of Bosnia/Serbia when genocide occurred there. We did take care of Hilter when genocide occurred there.

I am not saying we should step into this because it is a civil war...but we should oversee it and make sure Gadahfi does not commit genocide and if he does then we need to take his *** out.

vCash

Mr G has been put up with a lot longer then Mr O.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

kill Muammar

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    Well, we did take care of Bosnia/Serbia when genocide occurred there. We did take care of Hilter when genocide occurred there.

I am not saying we should step into this because it is a civil war...but we should oversee it and make sure Gadahfi does not commit genocide and if he does then we need to take his *** out.
    The world says they just want Mr. G to play and get along with others, but under their breaths they are thinking hope we can bomb his *** to allah.

Yes that is the "stated" goal is to prevent the genocide.

But I don't necessarily agree that the US should take the lead on this, support by all means, help, lend weapons, etc.

If this was happing in Canada you can bet your sweet *** that UAE, Qutar, Egypt or any other arab nation wouldn't care less.

This is happing to their own people in their own backyard and only two arab nations have the balls to stand up against it.

And don't even get me started on France

Posse numb nutz

vCash

The world says they just want Mr. G to play and get along with others, but under their breaths they are thinking hope we can bomb his *** to allah.

Yes that is the "stated" goal is to prevent the genocide.

But I don't necessarily agree that the US should take the lead on this, support by all means, help, lend weapons, etc.

If this was happing in Canada you can bet your sweet *** that UAE, Qutar, Egypt or any other arab nation wouldn't care less.

This is happing to their own people in their own backyard and only two arab nations have the balls to stand up against it.

And don't even get me started on France

What about the French?

vCash

Re: Libya...What should we really do?

What should we really do? Nothing. Libya's not our ****ing problem.

But that mongoloid-in-chief interrupted perfectly good basketball yesterday to get his mug on camera. And to take, as, SicEm said, the third and stupidest choice.
    The SF.com Retard Remover...it makes the postards you have on ignore disappear completely:
    http://173.203.71.50/sfcom_retard_remover.user.js

Arm the resistance and make the arab countries we sold jets to enforce the no-fly zone...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MR2-Sooner86's Avatar
    vCash

Nothing.

What happened in Somolia? The people overthrew the government, there was much fighting with many people dying, and the U.N. passed a resolution which the United States provided the vast majority of aid and military power. We then were the ones who were given the task to take out Aidid. What happened there? We got several American servicemen killed, their bodies dragged down the street, and Clinton quickly pulled out and made us look weak to everybody. What happened when we left? The U.N. quickly followed.

Since we're part of this no-fly zone with the UK and France we put in 33% of the effort. If they don't like it then we don't have to help. If everybody starts complaining to us we can point to Russia, China, and Germany as they voted against the no-fly zone.
    Loved By The People
    "you are a disgusting pig and should be punished for such vile language. Would you like your mom to see that you wrote that? YOU=Disgusting pig."
    "you lack any semblance of taste and suggest substandard upbringing and education"
    "Guess what? You're a ****ing dildo!"
    "You're an asshat!"
    "racist pig by any chance?"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AlboSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Bob Woodward who probably is the best journalist of our time, wrote in his book Obama's Wars that the President doesn't like to send somebody else kids to war unless it was absolutely necessary and until all the options were exhausted.
    Contrasting this with past presidents some think Obama is being weak or indecisive. I can't imagine making a decision where somebody's life was at stake.

On Lybia we have to be realistic. We can't send ground troops. Two of my best buddies who made two Iraqi tours, have NO desire to go another Moslem country where there is civil war. Our troops are overworked, stretched thin, and we have no money.

Obama basically has pulled a Kobe Bryant here. People complain that Kobe shoots too much, so there are games where he holds back, and the team loses. There are countries who say the US intervenes too much in the Arab world, acts as world police, so Obama held back, and basically made France and the Arab league BEG the US to take a leadership role.

It showed the world that there is no leader in the world, but the US. Russia and China do not want to intervene in another country regardless how many people die. Those two countries have their own Gaddafis. France is not a world leader and not even a coward like Gaddafi fears France.

After being begged in public, and even more behind the scenes, Obama says we will intervene. At the same time, Gaddafi calls for a ceasefire. He only fears only one country, and that's the US.

I believe the US has gained a lot of political ground, and has shown the free world there can be on other leader but the US. I believe the president has played this beautifully, and has improved US standing in the world.

China, Russia and Germany didn't vote against the no fly zone; they abstained. Selling weapons to Gaddafi has something to do with it, yet nobody will criticize those countries like they criticize the US. Germany, China and Russia have a lot of African blood on their hands. Chinese weapons made possible Darfur.
    Last edited by AlboSooner; 3/19/2011 at 12:52 PM.