Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Post Bass fishing in Oklahoma

Anyone know of some good spots in the state? I'm in Florida right now enjoying the fishing scene, was curious to see where you guys fish?
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

Re: Bass fishing in Oklahoma

What does the fishing scene look like? Are there any hotties?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Always had great fishing at Grand Lake....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Always had great fishing at Grand Lake....
    One of my roommates has a house 5 minutes from Grand, he says he's taking me spoonbill? fishing sometime this semester. Looking forward to it.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

When I lived there, I was a huge fan of Sardis. There are some really nice fish in that lake. I also really like Broken Bow, but that is one hard lake to fish.

Can't beat Tenkiller, either.

Saving the World one Power plant at a Time
    vCash

I grew up on Broken Bow so it's not that hard

Pine Creek used to be good but it's too low right now. Give that lake another 5 years and it'll be back to really good.

Konawa is a lake I've done well at. It's heated year round.

Fort Cobb and Lugert are also pretty good lakes for fishing.

Also, Texhoma has some good fish in it. That lake is big and fun and there is no telling what you'll catch at any given moment.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SGA View Post
    When I lived there, I was a huge fan of Sardis. There are some really nice fish in that lake. I also really like Broken Bow, but that is one hard lake to fish.

My grandparents love juglining on Sardis. Never been bass fishing there though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SGA View Post
    You also can't beat living 15 minutes from the lake, Cherokee Landing/Petite Bay/Elk Creek in midsummer is pretty off the bluffs/Horseshoe Bend in the weed beds by the boat ramp is pretty fun, try using top water lures like a buzzbait/Diving Minnow by Rapala or for heart stopping action try a Zara Spook.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoCaliSooner's Avatar
    vCash

At our lake here the bite is picking up. Caught 3 on Saturday and 2 Sunday....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BudSooner View Post
    You also can't beat living 15 minutes from the lake, Cherokee Landing/Petite Bay/Elk Creek in midsummer is pretty off the bluffs/Horseshoe Bend in the weed beds by the boat ramp is pretty fun, try using top water lures like a buzzbait/Diving Minnow by Rapala or for heart stopping action try a Zara Spook.
    There is nothing like seeing a Spook getting hit. You know it's going to be big too

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyMRW View Post
    I grew up on Broken Bow so it's not that hard

Pine Creek used to be good but it's too low right now. Give that lake another 5 years and it'll be back to really good.

Konawa is a lake I've done well at. It's heated year round.

Fort Cobb and Lugert are also pretty good lakes for fishing.

Also, Texhoma has some good fish in it. That lake is big and fun and there is no telling what you'll catch at any given moment.
    Is Konawa the one that has the electrical plant on it?
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

I haven't lived in Oklahoma for 15 years, but when I did there were two small lakes that were outstanding for bass. One was Fuqua, near Duncan, and the other was Mountain Lake, north of Ardmore in the Arbuckles. Both were part of a program where they were stocked with Florida hybrids and then closed to all fishing for four or five years. When they reopened them, both produced state record bass (at the time).

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerNate's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Anyone know of some good spots in the state? I'm in Florida right now enjoying the fishing scene, was curious to see where you guys fish?
    If I remember right you have to find lakes up there. Most of the farmers / ranchers are too selfish to allow anyone to fish their ponds.
    twitter: @ palmbeachsooner

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BudSooner View Post
    Tenkiller is convenient for me but it really does have some good fishing. Sometimes I go over to Ft. Gibson Lake and I used to run trotlines on Kerr Lake down by Sallisaw.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerNate's Avatar
    vCash

If I can't get into the striped bass up there or the smallmouths in NE OK, the most underrated fishing in say central OK is sandbass fishing. If I'm up in the summertime we hit the lakes and troll for them. They are very fun to catch.

You can hit the points of Lake Hefner on windy days and surf fish for them with spoons. Very fun.
    twitter: @ palmbeachsooner

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Most of my bassin is a fly rod from a belly boat in the Wichita's...

Administrator
    vCash

If you live in the Norman/OKC area there's no need to drive great distances for good bass fishing. According to bass tournament numbers (not the electro-shock deal) the best bass fishing lakes in OK are:

1. Hudson
    2. Wes Watkins
    3. Sooner/Eucha tied
    4. Lawtonka
    5. Grand
    6. Sardis
    7. Murray
    8. Thunderbird
    9. Arbuckle
    10. Broken Bow

Personally, I've caught more fish in Thunderbird than anywhere else, but I've also done good at Murray (nice smallmouths there) and Arbuckle. They're all relatively close to Norman/OKC.

Nowadays the only place I fish is my ponds. My kids have caught several in the 4-6 lb range, and I've dumped lots of crappie from Thunderbird in there and they catch them a lot too.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerNate View Post
    If I remember right you have to find lakes up there. Most of the farmers / ranchers are too selfish to allow anyone to fish their ponds.
    Too selfish? It has nothing to do with selfishness. It has to do with *******s coming in and ****ing your place up. You know, people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    The way you hold that fish.. with the mouth open... by your junk.... There a tenderness there that would make Troy McClure proud.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Aldebaran View Post
    The way you hold that fish.. with the mouth open... by your junk.... There a tenderness there that would make Troy McClure proud.
    I still sleep with that fish...