Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Shore and pitching rotation

Do you think after today's performance so far that Shore moves down a slot to the Sunday slot and maybe Smith moves up during league play. I know Burch hasn't proven himself much, but Shore really seems like the liability of the staff so far.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: Shore and pitching rotation

What I have seen today is infield hits and even some where he fooled the batter and they metal batted it for singles. Nobody has hit it hard yet. As he was the leading pitcher on the team last year I think your jumping the gun three weeks into the season
    Last edited by bufsa; 3/4/2011 at 06:59 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bufsa View Post
    What I have seen today is infield hits and even some where he fooled the batter and they metal batted it for singles. Nobody has hit it hard yet. As he was the leading pitcher on the team last year I think your jumbing the gun three weeks into the season
    Well, I am taking last year into account as well. Can we count on this kid as our #2? I'm really not trying to jump the gun, but I wonder if Sunny would like some more consistency.

He definitely has the stuff. I'm just a little perplexed sometimes why he gets hit up a lot. I don't want to be that poster to call players out already, but I feel like he needs to step up.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

He was our number one pitcher last year, to me that is stepping it up. Rocha is Friday now because he has seemed to really improve not that anybody else is doing worse. USD didn't do bad against Cal yesterday so lets give him to the end of the game at least to judge. But having said that I don't see a lot of differnce between our top three so Sat or Sun is not a big deal. I don't think we should change the weekend three though.
    Last edited by bufsa; 3/4/2011 at 05:53 PM.

vCash

I agree give him time, but would it be wise to move him down?

The guy just threw 8 innings of shut out baseball giving up 6 hits. What am I missing on today's performance? I missed the early innings.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Well, about the only thing you are missing is OU pitching another shut out in the tourney....havent given up a run yet!

BTW....I think it is retarded that KREF (online) has ads running during the broad cast of a game!

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

vCash

BTW Shore has given up 6 hits, but has only pitched 88 pitches as of this post!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    BTW Shore has given up 6 hits, but has only pitched 88 pitches as of this post!
    Granted I jumped the gun in the 3rd or 4th inning when he got jumped on. I am just listening to the game so it is hard to really judge how he is pitching. I just remember last game he got jumped on too. He settled down towards the end of the game which is a plus.

Does the 7 hits worry you though? You won't find many teams with 7 hits and 1 run.
    Last edited by Sooner74; 3/4/2011 at 06:38 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner74 View Post
    Granted I jumped the gun in the 3rd or 4th inning when he got jumped on. I am just listening to the game so it is hard to really judge how he is pitching. I just remember last game he got jumped on too. He settled down towards the end of the game which is a plus.
    I'm going to go ahead and nominate this for understatement of the year on the baseball board. I will also nominate the original post on this thread as the jumpthegun post of the year. Wow. Are you kidding me? The guy was LIGHTS OUT today and you want to move him down the rotation based on three straight hits to start an inning that he pitched himself out of masterfully? Unbelievable.

And no, 7 hits doesn't worry me. You won't find many pitchers who can give up 7 hits and only give up 1 run........
    Last edited by Sooner11JK; 3/4/2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: because he edited his

vCash

Does the 7 hits worry you though? You won't find many teams with 7 hits and 1 run.

Maybe not...but you don't find many pitchers able to make batters push in college either. His pitching has been pretty good. Our defense plays very well behind all our pitchers...so it doesn't really surprise me at all that he surrendered 7 hits and just one run.

vCash

Bobby Shore was just named player of the game. Sooner74, would you like for Chuck to grill him about his performance today? Really rake him over the coals? I can text Chuck and submit a question or two for him if you'd like.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner11JK View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and nominate this for understatement of the year on the baseball board. I will also nominate the original post on this thread as the jumpthegun post of the year. Wow. Are you kidding me? The guy was LIGHTS OUT today and you want to move him down the rotation based on three straight hits to start an inning that he pitched himself out of masterfully? Unbelievable.

And no, 7 hits doesn't worry me. You won't find many pitchers who can give up 7 hits and only give up 1 run........
    Sorry, I just want the baseball board to be more lively and talk about stuff. I figure when we play better teams they will get the runs across. That's why I am worried. We played San Diego.

vCash

Sorry, I just want the baseball board to be more lively and talk about stuff. I figure when we play better teams they will get the runs across. That's why I am worried. We played San Diego.

Doesn't matter to be honest with you...if the ball is hit, it is up to our fielders to play good defense and stop extra bases and force outs.

The pitcher cannot be the only one responsible if we give up a ton of runs (which we haven't really done in quite awhile).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    Doesn't matter to be honest with you...if the ball is hit, it is up to our fielders to play good defense and stop extra bases and force outs.

The pitcher cannot be the only one responsible if we give up a ton of runs (which we haven't really done in quite awhile).
    Agreed we are playing good ball. I was just bringing one little thing up. Sorry to ruffle feathers. I love baseball and would like to see Shore be consistent. He even admitted in postgame that his first two games were rough and from the beginning of this game It seemed he was having a rough go. He really "Shored" it up towards the end.

vCash

Agreed we are playing good ball. I was just bringing one little thing up. Sorry to ruffle feathers. I love baseball and would like to see Shore be consistent. He even admitted in postgame that his first two games were rough and from the beginning of this game It seemed he was having a rough go. He really "Shored" it up towards the end.
    You didn't ruffle my feathers. You started a good conversation piece based on your concerns and opinions, no need to apologize to anyone.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Hey at least sooner74 is trying to get people talking about baseball on this thread. No reason to jump on him, it has been pretty boring. Also in his defense some of those squigly lines on gametracker did look pretty hard.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bufsa View Post
    Hey at least sooner74 is trying to get people talking about baseball on this thread. No reason to jump on him, it has been pretty boring. Also in his defense some of those squigly lines on gametracker did look pretty hard.

Damn squiggly lines!

Administrator
    vCash

Let me get this straight. Saying something negative about a kid who just pitched a helluva game is "getting people to talk baseball" on this board? I'd almost rather we didn't. We have so many fans in all the sports who are just so afraid to let it go and enjoy this potentially GREAT season. ****ing relax. We're good. Really good. Why do you have to find fault/problems/issues? Enjoy it. It doesn't happen very often.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Let me get this straight. Saying something negative about a kid who just pitched a helluva game is "getting people to talk baseball" on this board? I'd almost rather we didn't. We have so many fans in all the sports who are just so afraid to let it go and enjoy this potentially GREAT season. ****ing relax. We're good. Really good. Why do you have to find fault/problems/issues? Enjoy it. It doesn't happen very often.