Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Thunder trade green and krstic

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfe View Post
    Anyone else puzzled by the nate robinson deal?
    I am.Can't see him pushing out Westbrook or Maynor.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

OKC is the definite winner here.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

why is everyone making such a big deal out of nate robinson? sometimes you have to take someone that might not fit in, just for salary reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

vCash

I like the move...We needed a more dominent big man then we needed green...I'm not a fan of nate robinson but I figure we release him at the end of the year anyway, because he was only needed to make the trade for perkins work. ... If perkins can stay healthy this makes us a more realistic title contender, especially since the western conference is trading their better talent to the east...the West is just a bit easier to win now.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by starclassic tama View Post
    why is everyone making such a big deal out of nate robinson? sometimes you have to take someone that might not fit in, just for salary reasons.
    Yep, that pretty much nails it.
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by starclassic tama View Post
    And he may fit in, who knows? Doc Rivers did a good job of reigning Nate in a little bit during his time in Boston. If Brooks can keep that going, he may end up being a valuable asset to this team.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

Westbrook is also capable of playing a little bit of 2. If he is comfortable with it, you could put Maynor or Nate in with Russell if you are maybe resting Durant and inserting Harden for scoring. Just a thought. I'm not a bball coach.
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

Sooner Benchwarmer misplacedsooner's Avatar
    vCash

nate will be here longer than maynor. i love maynors game...so do several other nba gms. he will be a very wanted commodity this summer and will be traded ill bet.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner59 View Post
    On the NBA channel they were suggesting that Perkins and the Celtics had talked about a contract extension, but couldn't meet in the middle contract-wise. And with the big 3 getting old, picking up Green is building toward the future. They are still going to have to pick up a good center down the road, though. The talking heads on NBA TV said that Boston had been looking for a good 3 or 4 guy.
    Beantown offered 4 years for 22 million, Perkins was looking for 4 years at 30 million according to foxsports.com

But this is a huge shift of power in the west. You had the big 3 (no pun intended) with LA, Dallas and San Antone, with the 4th spot up for grabs between OKC, Portland, and Nawlin's. 5 days ago, you would of added the Jazz and the Thuggets, but since they cashed out, they are no longer a worry in my opinion since the Thunder have a 3 1/2 game lead as of now.

And apparently Green was offered an extension but rejected it, which would have allowed him to be a restricted free agent, and I don't think the Thunder would have been able to match what some of those GM's in the East might have been able to offer with Westbrook likely getting a max extension once a new CBA is agreed upon. But a 4 year 30 million deal to Perkins is something that could be manageable, which is even better news because Harden still has two years on his rookie contract, and Ibaka has one I believe (I'm not sure his year overseas counts against his contract? Anyone know?)

As for Perkins, if Presti can get him to sign an extension, that's great, if not, I would assume he'd end up somewhere like Dallas or San Atone?
    tFtC

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonermagik's Avatar
    vCash

Boston got raped in this deal. OKC now has a legit big man that can stop Gasol. Plus, they added Nazr Mohammed from the Bobcats; he's another big guy that can rebound and is a solid defender.

Make no mistake about it, the Thunder lost to LA last year due to a lack of big bodies. OKC has just as good of a chance as LA, Spurs or Dallas to win the west. Without this deal they may have won one playoff series, now they are serious contenders.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonermagik View Post
    OKC now has a legit big man that can stop Gasol.
    Kendrick Perkins can stop Gasol? Why didn't he do it in the Finals last year?

Sooner Benchwarmer misplacedsooner's Avatar
    vCash

perkins guards bynum and dominates him, it will be ibaka guarding gasol. a healthy perkins...he was hurt in the series... would of most likely given the celts the title.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by misplacedsooner View Post
    perkins guards bynum and dominates him, it will be ibaka guarding gasol. a healthy perkins...he was hurt in the series... would of most likely given the celts the title.
    He was hurt one game. Bynum was hurt the entire series.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Kendrick Perkins can stop Gasol? Why didn't he do it in the Finals last year?

I should have said Bynum. You guys are right, Ibaka will be on Gasol.

vCash

Yeah, and that last game Perkins was hurt was in the 7th game. Had Perkins been healthy the Celtics might have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonermagik View Post
    Boston got raped in this deal. OKC now has a legit big man that can stop Gasol. Plus, they added Nazr Mohammed from the Bobcats; he's another big guy that can rebound and is a solid defender.

Make no mistake about it, the Thunder lost to LA last year due to a lack of big bodies. OKC has just as good of a chance as LA, Spurs or Dallas to win the west. Without this deal they may have won one playoff series, now they are serious contenders.
    Exactly what you said. Without an interior presence like KP we're basically the 2004-07 Phoenix Suns. Good, exciting, but too limited to get out of the West.

vCash

Kendrick Perkins signs his contract extension, $34.8M over 4 years. Presti increased his 2010-11 salary by $2.3M to $6.7M and worked the extension off that number. The deal also includes bonus clauses that can increase his contract.

Per Yahoo! Sports tweets.