Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BOOMERBRADLEY's Avatar
    vCash

Stoops Being an OU fan saved me

A hefty speeding ticket driving back from Denver to Dallas a few weeks ago. I was about an hour outside of Amarillo and got pulled over for going 79 in a 65. The cop walks up and does the typical stuff and goes back to his car. My fiance' is giving me the death stare when the cop comes back and says

Cop - "I saw the sticker on your back window. We had a pretty good season"

Me- "Yes sir, it was pretty good. 2 losses sucked though. They will be better next season"

Cop - "Slow 'er down a little"

vCash

Re: Being an OU fan saved me

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMERBRADLEY View Post
    A hefty speeding ticket driving back from Denver to Dallas a few weeks ago. I was about an hour outside of Amarillo and got pulled over for going 79 in a 65. The cop walks up and does the typical stuff and goes back to his car. My fiance' is giving me the death stare when the cop comes back and says

Me- "Yes sir, it was pretty good. 2 losses sucked though. They will be better next season"

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Some days are diamonds. You shoulda headed for the nearest QuickeeMart, and bought some lottery tickets.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ouduckhunter's Avatar
    North Carolina via Oreygon, Texas, and the great state of Oklahoma
    vCash

Nice!! Gotta love the Sooner Nation!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMERBRADLEY View Post

Spek for you and SUPER SPEK for the Cop.....I know he has to be on here somewhere.....heh

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouduckhunter View Post
    Nice!! Gotta love the Sooner Nation!!
    True dat.If he was a Horn fan you woulda got life without parole.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I dunno, cops on that stretch seem pretty cool. I got stopped years ago, we stood there leaning on my shiite box honda civic while he waited to get the okay that I wasn't a Black September operative. When my record came back clean, he pointed down the highway and asked if I could see a big pile of rock. When I said, ''yes", he told me that was New Mexico and to keep it under the speed limit until I was past the rock. After that, I was someone else's problem.
    Nice guy.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I lived in the Amarillo most of my life until last year, there's a few big OU fans who are cops/troopers out there and they usually are a bit nicer to fellow Sooners. My cousin is a trooper in Caddo Co in OK and he tells me stories all the time of people he stops with Texas plates but OU stickers/emblems and he lets them go, tells em it takes cajones to do it. It has helped me in OK when going to/coming from games when I've been stopped with my University of Oklahoma, state of texas plates.
    “This is Oklahoma. If you don’t win championships, that’s considered a failure.” Travis Lewis

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Your fiance was giving you the death stare? She can't handle the speed?
    tFtC

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

This thread made me smile.

And that's no lame compliment!
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

Reminds me of a few years ago my wife (TTech Alum) and I were driving up from Houston for the game when I was pulled over by a Texas DPS just south of Lubbuttocks. As he approaches the drivers side, he notices the TTech Alumnus license tag holder (wife's car) and me driving-all decked out in OU gear. He starts in on me with the boy stuff and what am I doing around here, and then he asked why the TTech tag holder? My wife quickly popped up that she was an alumnus and through some fast talking, I got off with just a warning.
    And yes to this day my wife still reminds me.......sometimes I think the ticket would have been easier.

vCash

I've got an OU emblam on the back of my car. It's a different sticker on the back that has helped me not get tickets though
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

vCash

i got pulled over in some speed trap town right outside of College Station before the game last year for 80 in a 60. it had just dropped from 70 to 60 at some point.

dude asked me if i went to OU and i told him i was a Senior and he let me go

Sooner Starter
    vCash

This thread brings a tear to my eye.
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - President John F. Kennedy

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Right on. I'll bet that under any circumstance it's better than the people with the "Bad Cop, No Donut" stickers. What are they thinking? And you KNOW they've never seen a warning!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jumperstop's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LRoss View Post
    Right on. I'll bet that under any circumstance it's better than the people with the "Bad Cop, No Donut" stickers. What are they thinking? And you KNOW they've never seen a warning!
    Or when people put weed stickers on their car. Seen a couple of those before.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MyT Oklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

I've been stopped 7 times for speeding over the past 4 years out here in southwest Kansas and I only got one speeding ticket plus 6 warning tickets.

I have no idea if my OU license frame makes any difference but I'm sure not complaining.

P.S. I was in Liberal this morning and saw tons of OU tags on the front of cars/trucks. Ya' gotta love Seward County, KS.
    OU 20 UT 36 "It is what it is." Mack Brown 10/12/13

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Yep, been there done that. Tri Delt sorority party outside of Lubbock in 82 at the old Cotton Club. Coming back into town, folks were flashing there lights at me and I realized I was going the wrong way on a four-lane divided highway.

I zip across the median and then see the red flashing lights come on behind me. Officer walks up and we go through the usual pleasantries. He sees I'm from Pampa. He played for the Amarillo High Sandies. My dad, Dog Lawson, used to go on and on about playing the Sandies when he played at Norman High.

Me and the officer have a conversation about those games. officer asked me if I could get it home. I said "Yes, sir." He said be careful and go straight home. I said, "Thank you, sir"

Some of my buddies weren't so lucky. If you ever here Ebby's tune "DWI", then you will understand why.

BOOMER

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner_Tuf's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MyT Oklahoma View Post
    Ya' gotta love Seward County, KS.

I have to be out there once a month or so and no I don't have to love Seward County, KS
    OSU still aspires respect and OU still likes to blow out their candle.

vCash

Going to the National Title game a few years ago I pulled into DFW to fly out with my bud. Since I had just driven down to Texas from Norman I hadn't had time to get my new inspection and registration stickers on my truck. The cops were trying to bust people for that very thing because the month had just changed over and I subsequently got pulled over. After giving me the rundown he said where you going? I smiled and said that I was going to the National Title to see Sammy B play. He looked at me and said have fun and left.

I always thank the sooners for saving me some money.