Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm doing an informal survey

If you wanted someone, who already does lots of favors for you, to do you another favor, would you call and say..."I need a favor, so call me back" or would you tell them what you needed since you were leaving a message anyway?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I'm doing an informal survey

It depends.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    It depends.
    On what?

vCash

How complex is the explanation of the favor?

How complex is the explanation of the favor?
    She never asks for any complex favors; just ongoing, time consuming stuff, like run to the store for me, give me a ride, take care of my dog, bring me some Chinese food, and etc. She doesn't have a car.

I just don't like to be caught off guard and put on the spot. I didnt call back this time. I'm too tired.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MR2-Sooner86's Avatar
    vCash

As stated, it depends on what you're asking for.

If it's to help pull your car out of a ditch and you need his 4x4 you'd tell him as it was urgent.

If it was to move you might tell him the date you need some help but not all the details.

If you're a swinger and you want to nail his wife while he nails yours you'd probably want him to call you back so you wouldn't ruin the surprise by spilling the beans all at once.
    Loved By The People
    "you are a disgusting pig and should be punished for such vile language. Would you like your mom to see that you wrote that? YOU=Disgusting pig."
    "you lack any semblance of taste and suggest substandard upbringing and education"
    "Guess what? You're a ****ing dildo!"
    "You're an asshat!"
    "racist pig by any chance?"

vCash

cash is always a fine way to say thank you.
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
    She never asks for any complex favors; just ongoing, time consuming stuff, like run to the store for me, give me a ride, take care of my dog, bring me some Chinese food, and etc. She doesn't have a car.

I just don't like to be caught off guard and put on the spot. I didnt call back this time. I'm too tired.
    Oh, I thought you were contemplating asking a favor of someone else. Yeah, I don't blame you for not calling back. do they have some emotional string they know how to pull?

Oh, I thought you were contemplating asking a favor of someone else. Yeah, I don't blame you for not calling back. do they have some emotional string they know how to pull?
    I could be wrong but I think she knows I'm just all favored out and its harder for me to say "no" or come up with an excuse as not to cause any hurt feelings when they actually have me on the phone.

So...I was just wondering if some people might hold off on asking for the favor because its harder to say "no" when you're actually talking to them that moment.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

I wouldn't ask in the first place.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.

Teach a man to fish and you'll find him drunk in a boat asking you to get him some chinese food.
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 mgsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Survey says!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

I hate you. What was the question?

vCash

If you wanted someone, who already does lots of favors for you, to do you another favor, would you call and say..."I need a favor, so call me back" or would you tell them what you needed since you were leaving a message anyway?
    I would simply say" You've done so much and I hate to ask, Can you please call me back ? I need more help"
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

I could be wrong but I think she knows I'm just all favored out and its harder for me to say "no" or come up with an excuse as not to cause any hurt feelings when they actually have me on the phone.

So...I was just wondering if some people might hold off on asking for the favor because its harder to say "no" when you're actually talking to them that moment.
    bingo.
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

vCash

You're such a great person. I'm sure you'd never want anything in return for your precious time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    You're such a great person. I'm sure you'd never want anything in return for your precious time.
    I don't want nor do I need anything in return from her. If I needed someone to do something for me, I wouldn't have any problem telling them exactly what I needed on their voice mail.
    Last edited by MamaMia; 2/13/2011 at 02:20 AM.

vCash

I don't want nor do I need anything in return from her. If I needed someone to do something for me, I wouldn't have any problem telling them exactly what I needed on their voice mail.
    Of course you don't. You are a Saint. All praise you and your all forgiving all loving nature.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, I would just tell them what I needed. If it was very important/sensitive info, I would get that point across as to why I didn't want to divulge on an answering machine. If it was just "I need a favor, call me back.", I don't blame you at all. I wouldn't want to call them back either.
    "Winning isn't everything, its the ONLY thing." - Vince Lombardi

Olevet Posse Member and OVJ-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Of course you don't. You are a Saint. All praise you and your all forgiving all loving nature.
    Look jerk. If I was going to keep asking someone for favors I would at least have the guts to say what I wanted. It gets annoying after a while.

vCash

Look jerk. If I was going to keep asking someone for favors I would at least have the guts to say what I wanted. It gets annoying after a while.
    Hey...would you quit cussing me out in spek, you freakin angel?

Here's a secret...nobody cares about your so-called bs problems, ok?