Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

More NBA talk... (Re: Carmelo trades...)

So, this trade is the latest one being bandied about. Anybody care to take a crack at why it should/shouldn't happen, and which team(s) would/wouldn't do it?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=49bxlk7

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

vCash

Re: More NBA talk... (Re: Carmelo trades...)

If Denver takes this they are dumb. They had the chance to get Favors, Devis Harris and three first round picks from the New Jersey Nets, now they are thinking of just taking Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer and 1 first round pick? Doesn't make sense to me but they are kinda desperate at this point because Carmelo is walking at the end of the year and will leave them empty handed.

Also why would Minnesota want another PF if they already have one of the best in the league? Oh yeah, David Kahn is their GM.

If it goes through, it's a superb deal for the Knicks. I just have a feeling it won't happen.

vCash

http://tinyurl.com/5sp58gy

The Knicks have lost their minds.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KBoomer11 View Post
    If Denver takes this they are dumb. They had the chance to get Favors, Devis Harris and three first round picks from the New Jersey Nets, now they are thinking of just taking Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer and 1 first round pick? Doesn't make sense to me but they are kinda desperate at this point because Carmelo is walking at the end of the year and will leave them empty handed.
    I haven't followed the trade talks too closely, but did Denver seriously turn that down?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

vCash

Think Nuggets made out great, considering they could have gotten nothing for Carmelo if they didn't move him. Gallinari, Chandler, and Felton are all young, usable parts, plus they can help rebuild with the picks they got. Pretty much eliminates them as playoff contenders this year though.

Carmelo winds up where he really wanted to be all along. Knicks won't have much of a bench right now and D'Antoni doesn't coach defense, so it'll be interesting to see how it all works out.

vCash

Widely reported now that the Nets have made a move to acquire Deron Williams from the Jazz in exchange for Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, and 2 first round picks.

Think the Nets made a really smart move. Williams is arguably a top 3 PG in the league, and is a nice building block to land and you have a bonafide star you can market. Plus his contract isn't up like Carmelo's is at the end of the year, so you don't have to worry about all that mess.

I think I'd almost rather have Williams over Carmelo if I had to choose between to the two and I were a GM.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6150419