Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama care

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Obama care

Unconstitutional per U.S. District judge----Law VOID
    Last edited by REDREX; 1/31/2011 at 03:07 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MR2-Sooner86's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Obama care

In other news scientist have discovered that water is indeed wet.
    Loved By The People
    "you are a disgusting pig and should be punished for such vile language. Would you like your mom to see that you wrote that? YOU=Disgusting pig."
    "you lack any semblance of taste and suggest substandard upbringing and education"
    "Guess what? You're a ****ing dildo!"
    "You're an asshat!"
    "racist pig by any chance?"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs up Re: Obama care

Hopefully it will be in the Supreme Court soon.
    (While Constitutionalists are still in the majority)

Back to sleep!
    (The government told me I should get more sleep)
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

vCash

Heh, funny I don't hear the usual cries of activisim on this one.
    Boomer Sooner

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Maybe the dems should have read it first instead of passing it to see what was in it.

vCash

So now Barry's list of accomplishments is...

Destroying the US Economy.

I suppose that's enough for one of his limited abilities. I suppose now he'll try a work-around by having the EPA declare O-care absolutely vital to our existence.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 DIB's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerscuba View Post
    I'm not sure you understand the definition of judicial activism.

vCash

had someone not been in such a hurry they could have re-crafted the bill to read "tax" instead of "fine"

all-some

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DIB View Post

vCash

For years, anytime the courts turned over any piece or portion of legislation folks around here cried and cried and cried about activism. They gnashed their teeth and questioned the bejesus out of every person nominated to the bench about it. Now, without knowing anything about the opinion out of FL, there will be people on here celebrate the decision to overturn this piece of legislation.

I understand activism, and actually support the concept, I just find the hypocrisy of people on this board lauding it now to be beyond amusing.
    Boomer Sooner

vCash

For years, anytime the courts turned over any piece or portion of legislation folks around here cried and cried and cried about activism. They gnashed their teeth and questioned the bejesus out of every person nominated to the bench about it. Now, without knowing anything about the opinion out of FL, there will be people on here celebrate the decision to overturn this piece of legislation.

I understand activism, and actually support the concept, I just find the hypocrisy of people on this board lauding it now to be beyond amusing.
    It appears that some of the people you're "pwning" with your mad posting skills do not understand the definition of judicial activism, either.

vCash

It appears that some of the people you're "pwning" with your mad posting skills do not understand the definition of judicial activism, either.
    There is no hard definition, which is the glory of the term. It generally applies whenever you want it, and for a lot of folks around here the very act of legislation is above review, thus when it is reviewed, the courts are being activist. For the record, I don't like this shot at healthcare, and would be totally cool with it being overturned, even by a court. However, I haven't spent time decrying the very method used to suit me.
    Boomer Sooner

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 47straight's Avatar
    vCash

That's because overturning laws like this flies in the face of the activism that let the definition of interstate commerce swallow the rest of the constitution in the first place. Kthx.
    “Some people who attend the University of Oklahoma seem to represent different values than some people who attend the University of Texas.” -- Mr. J. Mcfarland

"[Christian Scott]'s off the team the day of the incident and I guarantee you he won't be back." -- Typical Dallas horn fan

vCash

‎"If Congress can penalize a passive individual for failing to engage in commerce, the enumeration of powers in the Constitution would have been in vain for it would be “difficult to perceive any limitation on federal power”

The only real activism here was in this POS law forcing everyone in America to buy something from an insurance company, or else.

vCash

There is no hard definition, which is the glory of the term. It generally applies whenever you want it, and for a lot of folks around here the very act of legislation is above review, thus when it is reviewed, the courts are being activist. For the record, I don't like this shot at healthcare, and would be totally cool with it being overturned, even by a court. However, I haven't spent time decrying the very method used to suit me.
    The most basic definition of judicial activism is when courts do not confine themselves to reasonable interpretations of laws, but instead create law.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 47straight View Post
    That's because overturning laws like this flies in the face of the activism that let the definition of interstate commerce swallow the rest of the constitution in the first place. Kthx.
    I am merely making the point that for years this board swam with cries of activism regarding literally any judicial intrepretation that went counter to their desire, especially if it came from legislative bodies. While I disagree with this as legislative bodies cannot be counted on to operate within the framework of the Constitution, thus am very willing to give the courts the ability to overturn legislation, I guess I am just cool with a court being involved with the political process even if means I don't get my way.

Also, I tend to think that the commerce clause is extended beyond what the framers had in mind, but I cannot ignore the good that has come out of its existence.
    Boomer Sooner

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 I Am Right's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTuba View Post
    Maybe the dems should have read it first instead of passing it to see what was in it.
    LOL

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Federal Judge
    "It is difficult to imagine that a nation which began, at least in part, as the result of opposition to a British mandate giving the East India Company a monopoly and imposing a nominal tax on all tea sold in America would have set out to create a government with the power to force people to buy tea in the first place."
    Ouch.

Love the Tea Party reference.

I stopped carrying car insurance a while back. I mean, most other people have it and what are the chances of actually being in a wreck? If I run into someone I am sure that their own insurance will cover them, right?
    ...Oh, you were finished? Well then, allow me to retort...
    Jules
    www.MyTulsaHouse.com

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 I Am Right's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Redshirt View Post
    I stopped carrying car insurance a while back. I mean, most other people have it and what are the chances of actually being in a wreck? If I run into someone I am sure that their own insurance will cover them, right?
    LOL