Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

OU Remainder of Men's Schedule

01/29/11 at Iowa State, 8:00pm CT
    TV: ESPN Full Court, Cyclones Network

02/02/11 vs. Baylor, 26:00pm CT (rescheduled from Tuesday, 2/1, 6pm)
    TV: ESPN2
    Free Admission

02/05/11 at Oklahoma State, 12:30pm CT
    TV: Big XII Network, ESPN full Court

02/09/11 vs. Texas, 8:00pm CT
    TV: ESPN2

02/12/11 at Missouri, 12:30pm CT
    TV: Big XII Network, ESPN Full Court

02/16/11 vs. Nebraska, 8:00pm CT
    TV: ESPNU

02/19/11 at Kansas State, 3:00pm CT
    TV: Big XII Network, ESPN Fullcourt

02/23/11 at Texas A&M, 6:30pm CT
    TV: FSN SW, ESPN Full Court

02/26/11 vs. Kansas, 3:00pm CT
    TV: ESPN

03/02/11 at Texas Tech, 6:30pm CT
    TV: Sooner Sports Network, ESPN Full Court

03/05/11 vs. Oklahoma State, 3:00pm CT
    TV: Big XII Network, ESPN Full Court

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Remainder of Men's Schedule

I see 5 possible wins

@Iowa St
    Baylor
    Nebraska
    @Tech
    Osu

So, best case IMO is 15-15
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

NP and I are going to the Rock Chalk game on 2/26 and then the Baylor womens game that same weekend. If we win both games, or even just one, I am going to eternally gloat (at least through the end of bball season) to let you all know that I was there to witness OU kick the crap outta the top bball team in the country (because KU will be back on top by then and Baylor likely won't give up their 1-rank in a month's time)

Consider that if you consider going to either game. The top team in the country. OU has the chance to dethrone them. You want to witness that. You know you do. Beeeeeee therrrrrre

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    NP and I are going to the Rock Chalk game on 2/26 and then the Baylor womens game that same weekend. If we win both games, or even just one, I am going to eternally gloat (at least through the end of bball season) to let you all know that I was there to witness OU kick the crap outta the top bball team in the country (because KU will be back on top by then and Baylor likely won't give up their 1-rank in a month's time)

Consider that if you consider going to either game. The top team in the country. OU has the chance to dethrone them. You want to witness that. You know you do. Beeeeeee therrrrrre
    I'll probably either go to the Kansas game or the OSU one the following weekend. I'm thinking about avoiding the Kansas game simply because it might turn ugly. Of course, the last time I said that about a Kansas game I ended up standing outside the Ford Center as Northern Iowa ruined everybody's bracket.

vCash

ONE win vs Tech, maybe another vs Nebraska
    1950 1955 1956 1974 1975 1985 2000
    2000 2002 2004 2006 2007 2008 2010

vCash

2 maybe 3 wins.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

It's going to be a long, bleak stretch. I said before conference play I thought we could get 2 wins from Tech, one from CU and NU each, for 4 max, and we could easily drop at least one of those. I've seen nothing to change my assessment.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    ONE win vs Tech, maybe another vs Nebraska
    I think even that's overly optimistic.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

I'm pleasantly surprised that we won on the road at ISU and I definitely like the effort. That said I still think we are looking at 4-5 conference wins. I hope I'm selling us short. I just think we have done a good job of taking advantage of our opportunities.

Honestly I was real concerned going into conference play that we might only win 1-2 games and finish last. Keeping it real this is still probably the toughest season we have had in 30+ years but it could be worse. Fitzgerald, Clark and Pledger are a pretty good nucleus to work around. We just need more.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonerbub's Avatar
    vCash

All I know is we're 3-3 while the most historicalest ballteam in the universe is...

...wait for it...

2-5

So I'm gonna enjoy it for a few days
    BOOMER
    Let me see your war face!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Yea, i too am pleasantly surprised. 3 straight, including a road win. I actually give us a fighters chance to take down Baylor Tuesday.

We have Nebbish and Pokes at home, both of whom I beleive we can beat. Can we go 6-10 in Conf (14-16)? sure like to get that record too .500 if possible. I'd take any tourney invite, and extra playing time will benefit this team.
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

We somehow need to find a way to use the Wintery Snowstorm of Death, 2011 version to our advantage....assuming the game will still be played on Tuesday.

If the guys come out focused and a few dozen people show up, I think we have a solid shot at knocking off Baylor. I just hope that we don't come in there satisfied or content, because Baylor has the talent to beat us by 30+.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

vCash

I'll be there Tuesday with or without the ice and snow. I live right across from Lloyd Noble so if the roads are too bad I could just ice skate over there.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerite View Post
    I'll be there Tuesday with or without the ice and snow. I live right across from Lloyd Noble so if the roads are too bad I could just ice skate over there.
    lucky! im all the way out in tuttle america & they dont do anything for my country road so if i cant make it cheer extra for me!
    i love you blake griffin

vCash

I'll probably have to do quite a bit of extra cheering cause I don't think there will be many people that can make it out. It's too bad that the snow and ice has to hit the night before we play a good Baylor team after coming off of three straight victories. It seems like a good spot for some enthusiasm to be brought back to LNC. Damn Oklahoma weather!! Atleast school will be canceled.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I'm a loser...I only see 2 wins...neb at home and maybe osu at home...MIGHT get lucky against bu...but not against ku or ut...

road games...mu/ksu/am/osu...no way...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

I cannot wait to see our teams play against the best in the nation. We will be ready to cheer!
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I'm a loser...I only see 2 wins...neb at home and maybe osu at home...MIGHT get lucky against bu...but not against ku or ut...

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the KSU game was up for grabs with 5 minutes left on the clock. They have been under achieving all year and the thrashing by Kansas in their rivalry game didn't make it look like the ship will be righted any time soon.

The Nebraska game will be tough as it always seems that team is playing over their heads. Osu looks about as bad as we have lately but it being OU-OSU, and the final conference game of the season, they will be ready to play. It would be sweet to knock off the "perennial power house" of college basketball in the state of Oklahoma with arguably the worst Sooner team in 30 years. But of course, they would just blame it on the refs like they do with every one of their losses.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerite View Post
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the KSU game was up for grabs with 5 minutes left on the clock. They have been under achieving all year and the thrashing by Kansas in their rivalry game didn't make it look like the ship will be righted any time soon.
    there is something going on at ksu...Wally Judge left the team yesterday...course I've heard he has a mental/emotional issue...something about anxiety..(not being funny or mean..but that he does have some disorder)....

heard rumblings about wanting Martin gone...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post

You're forgetting the road game against Tech, which is definitely winnable.