Quote Originally Posted by SC Sooner View Post
So, our economy would thrive under higher taxes (more business started and expanding) than when taxes are cut? While it may sound like a good idea based on this ONE example, I don't think it works. Look at all the manufacturing that moves their bases of operations to other states because they get "tax breaks" or "investment incentives". Also, when Maryland instituted their tax on the wealthy a few years back, they moved to adjacent states. Higher taxes are not popular with most Americans, but if you want to pay more, please feel free.
I think you've got the wrong impression. The ability to thrive under either a high or low tax regime has little to do with with whether the taxes are low or high in and of themselves, and much more to do with what we (or they) get from those taxes. As an example, I would harbor a wild guess that whatever tax money gets spent to fund the courts and various law enforcement agencies to carry out contract enforcement in the US (at the national, state, and local levels combined)...I would bet that the return our economy sees on that is worth far far more than the money spent on it.