View Poll Results: Check all that apply (vote anonymous)

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want Jeff Capel fired either during or after this season.

29 37.18%
  • I do not want Jeff Capel fired this year.

37 47.44%
  • I approve of Sherri Coale's coaching this season.

56 71.79%
  • I disapprove of Sherri Coale's coaching this season.

1 1.28%
  • The men's team will make this year's NCAA, NIT or CBA tourney.

3 3.85%
  • The men's team will win a conference game this season.

55 70.51%
  • I have watched a majority of games this season, either TV or at LNC.

20 25.64%
  • I am embarrassed in the home attendance this season.

35 44.87%
  • I am embarrassed of our team this season.

39 50.00%
  • Please let Blake Griffin be traded or leave the Clippers.

37 47.44%
  • I want Blake Griffin to stay with the Clippers.

13 16.67%
  • Blake Griffin is an All-Star and Rookie of the Year.

68 87.18%
  • If Blake was still here, we'd be a tournament team this season.

53 67.95%
  • I have attended either mens or womens games this season.

13 16.67%
  • I have not attended either mens nor womens games this season.

53 67.95%
  • I plan to attend at least one game later this season if I haven't already.

24 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Sum up your feelings

Write-in responses below. You can't change your vote - just wait till the next poll to change your mind. Votes are anonymous.

vCash

Re: Sum up your feelings

There! Are you happy?

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

since you and badger are probably the only 2 voters so far...

You want Capel fired Boomer?
    Bazinga

vCash

Voted!!

vCash

Typo alert: CBI tourney, not CBA. CBA?!?!? whoops.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    since you and badger are probably the only 2 voters so far...

You want Capel fired Boomer?
    As bad as this whole mess is, I think he will get one more year.

vCash

I too think he will get another year. I should have used a different word from "fired." I think they will mutually part ways rather than full-on firing, unless another offseason embarrassment somehow occurs this year

Saving the World one Power plant at a Time
    vCash

I voted for him to not be fired. I'm hoping he stays for at least 3 more years

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I too think he will get another year. I should have used a different word from "fired." I think they will mutually part ways rather than full-on firing, unless another offseason embarrassment somehow occurs this year
    "Mutually part ways" is a nice solution. But for that to happen, Mr Capel would have to be offered another job. I don't see that happening.

Let me put it this way - I HOPE he turns things around, turns in a good last half of the season, and therefore is not fired, or "mutually parted," from OU.

I BELIEVE that none of this will happen and he will be FIRED, and not mutually parted.
    Nebraska and Oklahoma made up one of the greatest college football rivalries of all time. They played every year between 1928-97, and two times every four years since then. Their games in the Big Eight decided the conference championship 16 of 19 times between 1970-88. OU leads the series 44-38-3. --The Associated Press, December 1, 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

The 15 people that voted for their embarrassment at this team are sad. I'm embarrassed about having Capel as a coach, but not about the kids that play on the court. LAST year was embarrassing, but this year is just disappointing. Nothing embarrassing about giving your all and not getting it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

I'm not embarrassed of the team, just sad for them, because they're really trying but still losing games. I'm also not embarrassed for home attendance, because it's never been exceptional, regardless of our record.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NormanPride View Post
    The 15 people that voted for their embarrassment at this team are sad. I'm embarrassed about having Capel as a coach, but not about the kids that play on the court. LAST year was embarrassing, but this year is just disappointing. Nothing embarrassing about giving your all and not getting it done.

It's all a matter of what you consider embarrassing. While the team may play hard, is it embarrassing that this team doesn't have one player that could sit on Kansas' bench? Ok, maybe one. maybe?

vCash

I must say that I am pleased with the universal love for Sherri Coale but saddened by the realistic-ness of our fans regarding the men's team's chances of making the postseason.

Sorry for the "fired" word. I will be more clear should I do another poll in a month or so. I meant it as a question of whether you wanted him to be the coach next season or whether OU and Capel should go their separate directions.

Love all of the Blake love too - this board has kind of become a defacto Blake fan board. And that's cool, because Blake is the hottest can't-miss act in the NBA right now... and he's a SOONER!

PS: As for the conference win thing, the best chance is tonight, when we host the underachieving Techesters. 7 p.m. ESPN3.com and local broadcasts via the Big 12 network.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IndySooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'm not embarrassed by the players, per se, but I am embarrassed at what this program has become. Thus, I voted that I'm embarrassed by our team.

I also don't know if I want Capel fired or not, so I didn't vote for either. I'm glad I don't have to make this decision, because I'm still on the fence. I think he'll be a good coach somewhere, I'm just no longer sure it should be here.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Capel has won 169 games as a headcoach in 8+ years as a headcoach.For anyone to suggest the man cannot recruit,coach,and run a quality program is ludicrous in the extreme.We are in a rebuilding mode regardlees of wether we change coaches or not.I have the utmost confidence Jeff will turn us back around.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

I agree with stoopified. I want to give him one more year. It's hard to win when you don't have a single AA on your team and the lack of a player who can lead the team both in leadership skills and in talent. So I want to see what he does next year. If next year turns out like this year, it will be hard to justify keeping him here.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Capel must go. It will take the program and university 5-10 years to recover from the damage this incompetent has done.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

I had to check that I haven't watched a game all year. Sucks living in middle of nowhere with a small-time cable company that doesn't qualify for ESPN3.

Saving the World one Power plant at a Time
    vCash

Capel reminds me a lot of Franchione at AnM, especially with the recruiting part and underachieving.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyMRW View Post
    Capel reminds me a lot of Franchione at AnM, especially with the recruiting part and underachieving.

His team underachieved one season, which was last year. Every other season they've played to their talent level. Unfortunately, there isn't much talent on this team, and the Big XII is far and away the best it's ever been top to bottom.

I like Capel, but through some talent misevaluation and some quitters and malcontents, he has dug himself into a hole we're not going to get out of any time soon. We are horrible this season, and lose our best player and team leader next year. We have one recruit signed for next season, and he's a Juco guy, so it's not like we're laying the foundation for a turnaround. You just can't succeed with the attrition that we've had, unless you're signing classes of 5 lottery picks every season like Calipari.