Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mavs Talk

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Mavs Talk

Huge win last night. While the Mavs didn't exactly get off to a roaring start like I thought they would, the Mavs had a great final 4-5 minutes to close out the 3rd quarter and played some tough D and rebounded really well down the stetch to close out the win.

While it's upsetting b/c this series should be over and the Mavs could use some rest, I'm really hoping the Mavs can get a nice road win to close out the series on Thursday night.

Very impressed with the efforts of Tyson Chandler. 13 offenisve rebounds! His best game of the series and managed to stay out of foul trouble for the most part. Credit to Haywood too, who has had a pretty nice series aside from the FT shooting.

Kidd, while didn't have a scoring impact on this game played way better and did what he does best, distibute the ball. Marion had a nice game to and Dirk was Dirk.

Overall, the Mavs were much more aggressive in taking the ball to the basket and if they didn't get the bucket, they usually drew a foul. Lets go Mavs!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouleaf View Post
    Huge win last night. While the Mavs didn't exactly get off to a roaring start like I thought they would, the Mavs had a great final 4-5 minutes to close out the 3rd quarter and played some tough D and rebounded really well down the stetch to close out the win.

While it's upsetting b/c this series should be over and the Mavs could use some rest, I'm really hoping the Mavs can get a nice road win to close out the series on Thursday night.

Very impressed with the efforts of Tyson Chandler. 13 offenisve rebounds! His best game of the series and managed to stay out of foul trouble for the most part. Credit to Haywood too, who has had a pretty nice series aside from the FT shooting.

Kidd, while didn't have a scoring impact on this game played way better and did what he does best, distibute the ball. Marion had a nice game to and Dirk was Dirk.

Overall, the Mavs were much more aggressive in taking the ball to the basket and if they didn't get the bucket, they usually drew a foul. Lets go Mavs!
    I liked that they stayed persistent. There were few consecutive offensive possessions that ended with a missed jumpshot...something us Mavs fans are accustomed to. I said in the beginning we would win in 6 and our defense has been good enough to do it on in portland. We really need to do what we did in game 4 minus the epic meltdown, and take the home crowd out of it. I'm waiting for a 12 point 4th from Dirk.

The difference is DIRKability!
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

vCash

Mavs in 6! Loved the way the defense played this series. I'm hoping that bynum and kobe are hurt more than they appear and that our depth is what gets through the next round. Roddy B was activated tonight and will likely look to get some minutes against the Lakers. Marion started so terrible but really got it going in the second half. Dirk was MVP caliber tonight and had the big 4th I expected him to have. Its crazy to think the Mavs have only won 3 of their last 21 road playoff games and 1 of them at the rose garden. Mavs in 6 against the lakers. Our defense and depth will play big next series. Let's Go Mavs!
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

Nice, nice road win last night. Portland made a big push, but Kidd, Barea, and Terry knocked down some big shots to open the margin back up and Dirk closed out the game at the FT line.

A really great team effort with monster performances from Dirk and Terry. Only criticism were the silly turnovers in the 4th quarter that let Portland back into it. They withstood the early Portland run and held off a last quarter run too.

Now it's on to the Lakers. It's going to be tough for sure. If the Mavs can somehow sneak out of LA at 1-1, I'll really like the Mavs chances. The combo of Bynum/Gasol/Odom will be a tough, tough matchup for Dirk and Chandler.

The battle of the old point guards should favor Kidd i'm thinking. I'm guessing they'll stick Stevenson on Kobe. Might also see Marion, Kidd, or possibly Brewer if you need the fouls.

I'm hoping Terry can keep his shooting touch from game 6 and bring it to LA. There was a stretch in that game where he was automatic. They'll really need him, Peja, and Barea to provide energy and scoring off the bench. Haywood has to continue his tough play as well when Chandler comes out.

It's going to be tough...Mavs have to win this in 6, b/c I don't think there is anyway they win a game 7 in LA.

vCash

Nice, nice road win last night. Portland made a big push, but Kidd, Barea, and Terry knocked down some big shots to open the margin back up and Dirk closed out the game at the FT line.

A really great team effort with monster performances from Dirk and Terry. Only criticism were the silly turnovers in the 4th quarter that let Portland back into it. They withstood the early Portland run and held off a last quarter run too.

Now it's on to the Lakers. It's going to be tough for sure. If the Mavs can somehow sneak out of LA at 1-1, I'll really like the Mavs chances. The combo of Bynum/Gasol/Odom will be a tough, tough matchup for Dirk and Chandler.

The battle of the old point guards should favor Kidd i'm thinking. I'm guessing they'll stick Stevenson on Kobe. Might also see Marion, Kidd, or possibly Brewer if you need the fouls.

I'm hoping Terry can keep his shooting touch from game 6 and bring it to LA. There was a stretch in that game where he was automatic. They'll really need him, Peja, and Barea to provide energy and scoring off the bench. Haywood has to continue his tough play as well when Chandler comes out.

It's going to be tough...Mavs have to win this in 6, b/c I don't think there is anyway they win a game 7 in LA.
    Unless the Mavs deactivate someone else, they won't have Brewer available because Roddy B is back. I think Mavs pull off a win in L.A. for sure
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ruf/Nek7 View Post
    Unless the Mavs deactivate someone else, they won't have Brewer available because Roddy B is back. I think Mavs pull off a win in L.A. for sure
    Good point....I forgot Roddy was technically back last night. At this point though I don't trust Roddy enough to give him any major playing time.

vCash

Good point....I forgot Roddy was technically back last night. At this point though I don't trust Roddy enough to give him any major playing time.
    I agree. He was too inconsistent this year. I think he would be great to bring in in certain situations and keep the minutes limited unless what he is doing is working. Man I hope he is on because there is no one on the lakers who can match his speed.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

It starts tonight. Time to find out what the Mavs are really made of. They played great basketball against Portland outside of the game 4 meltdown. Defense has been good. Dirk has been producing. Terry seems to have found his shot again. Bench play has been solid.

Chandler has a tough test ahead of him in squaring off against Bynum. Chandler has to be giving up somewhere in the range of 40-50 pounds to Bynum. He is going to have to be even better than he was against Aldridge. Haywood is going to have to produce as well. The Portland seriers was some of his best basketball all season, so hopefully he can continue that level of effort when he checks into the games.

Look for LA to throw a combination of Gasol/Odom and possibly Artest at Dirk. I'm hoping the Lakers do something to anger Dirk b/c he usually plays better when he is angry. Dirk just needs to continue to be agresnif though and he'll do fine.

vCash

Brewer looks to be suited up. Wonder who we deactivated?
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

Nevermind, roddy is in street clothes. Guess Carlisle thought having Brewer's defense on the bench rather than Roddy's offense.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

Lakers looked slow. You would have thought NOLA took them to 7 games, all of them beign decided in double overtime. Mavs stuck to their game plan and even looked to take a page from portlands playbook. Carlisle often irks me because of the lineups he puts on the court from time to time but having Chandler attacking the rim with some Oops was brilliant. Bynum is too big, slow and injured to match that intensity. Jackson and kobe need to realize their win/loss record when kobe shoots more than 20 shots in a game. Great job of our defense making sure to shut down everyone else and just let kobe get his. I don't think there is any other way to play the lakers. LET'S GO MAVS!
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

WOW!!!!

Still amazed the Mavs came away with the win. After a pathetic start to the second half, they flipped the switch and stormed back after being down by 16. The Mavs started to convert on almost every one of the Lakers missed shot and cut that lead pretty quickly.

That foul Gasol had on Dirk was crazy. My jaw dropped when that happened. Then Terry with the big steal on Kobe's pass was huge. Credit Chandler for forcing Kobe to make that pass as he showed up out of nowhere to contest that drive.

Much praise to Kidd for his defense on Kobe in the final minutes. While there is no way he could guard Kobe all game, he was great when it really counted. Love that Carlisle dressed Brewer too. You've gotta have another guy with some size to put on Kobe aside from Stevenson or Marion. Brewer came in for a few minutes, but definitely made the most of each and everyone one of them.

Dirk was great and hit some insane shots that only he can make. Bench play was another big advantage for Mavs too.

At least the Mavs have guaranteed themselves of being out of that crazy statistic that Phil Jackson's teams are something like 49-0 when they win Game 1 of a series. The Mavs definitely needed to come out of LA with 1 win, so that was huge. Hopefully this gives them the confidence they need to battle and try and take game 2 as well.

vCash

WOW WOW!!!

Mavs win again! Very impressive considering they really didn't shoot the ball that well. That is a real testament to their improved defense. Chandler and Haywood have been a great tandem at the Center spot. Chandler had some filthy alley-oops last night.

The Mavs bench dominated the Lakers again. Barea took over the game in about a 6 minute stretch in the 4th quarter where the Lakers just had no answer for him coming off the high screen.

Dirk is playing outstanding basketball right now. He is attacking the Lakers defense, no matter who they put on him, and he is getting pretty much any shot he wants.

Mavs now have 5 games to win 2. Another big game tomorrow night back in Dallas! Hoping the Mavs can make it 3-0!

vCash

I realize Kobe is probably not 100%, and he clearly doesn't want to attack the rim, but this is great. Mavs are showing a lot of determination and confidence.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

To me, the series is coming down to two things.

1. LA isn't rotating that well on defense in large part because of the presence of Dirk. That makes making those outside shots imperative and the Mavs have done that.

2. LA is great in the middle with Pau, Bynum, and Odom. But lousy from the outside. Last night, the Mavs dared the Lakers to hit 3's all night long by collapsing into the lane and LA couldn't do it until the game was basically over.

Seeing those internal cracks in the Lakers after the game during Bynum's post game interview warmed my sports heart more than you'll ever know.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

Ok here it is. LA cannot find an answet for Dirk. No big deal, no one can in the NBA which is why its bull$#!% he finished 6th in MVP voting. Secondly, Dallas bench far exceeeds la bench. Does jackson even know how to coach a team down 3-0 in a playoff? Wow....cannot believe this. LET'S GO MAVS
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Actual Poor Student SoonerofAlabama's Avatar
    vCash

I don't know how he doesn't average more points a game. He is a matchup nightmare. He is a big guy at PF, but he has a shot like a SG, and is fast. He steps back and takes that 18-foot turn-around fade-away jumper and it goes in almost every time. He can hit from anywhere almost.

"Competition is the best motivator you have. That's Oklahoma."
    -Jay Norvell

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerofAlabama View Post
    I don't know how he doesn't average more points a game. He is a matchup nightmare. He is a big guy at PF, but he has a shot like a SG, and is fast. He steps back and takes that 18-foot turn-around fade-away jumper and it goes in almost every time. He can hit from anywhere almost.
    Because out of all the elite NBA scorers, he takes the most contact and gets little calls from the refs.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

LA hit a few three pointers in the first half last night to get going.

Then they stopped hitting them.

Dallas couldn't hit many 3's midway through the game.

Then they started hitting them in the 4th when it really counted, down 7 with about 5 minutes to.

There's your game.

This isn't Ranger-like dominance of the Yankees in the 2010 ALCS. 2 of the 3 games have been virtual coin flips. But Dallas has been the better team and deserves to be leading this series.

Perhaps ESPN will notice this in the coming days.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here