Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mavs Talk

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerNate's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Mavs Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruf/Nek7 View Post
    Because not everyone is from Oklahoma, and not everyone is a thunder fan. I call it equal opportunity guys.
    He was giving me grief for posting about the Heat here and not his Sonics.
    twitter: @ palmbeachsooner

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

Got ya, but my previous comment still applies.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

I feel bad for Mavs fans, another choke. You guys seriously need to get rid of Dirk.

And no, im not flaming.
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonerbub's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerNate View Post
    He was giving me grief for posting about the Heat here and not his Sonics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio View Post

Now...back to the game. EPIC FAIL MAVS
    Let me see your war face!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbub View Post
    Now...back to the game. EPIC FAIL MAVS
    Look at his legs. Dude is like 6'9 145 lbs. F'ing shortwhorn.

vCash

and he can score on anyone in the NBA.

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

I'm not a Heat nor a Lebron hater, but Soonernate has me headed in that direction...
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

vCash

I like the Heat, I like Lebron, I actually like the fact that Lebron had the stones to leave his home state Cavs despite the pressure to stay, knowing that they would NEVER win a title. I do dislike the way he handled it.

Oh Yea, I Love the Thunder!

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I'm not a Heat nor a Lebron hater, but Soonernate has me headed in that direction...
    That is really not my intention honestly. I am just fired up about this team. Since Shaq left we haven't given Wade any help. We tried the Beasley route and that didn't work. I'm just glad he's finally got some tools around him. He's too good a player to have to carry 100% of the load for a bunch of slubs.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    I feel bad for Mavs fans, another choke. You guys seriously need to get rid of Dirk.

And no, im not flaming.
    Don't think you can put the playoff struggles on Dirk...If anything, he usually ups his game come playoff time....I think he is one of like 4 guys whose playoff average is 25 points and 11 rebounds.

Roy was unstoppable in the 4th quarter, but the Mavs didn't do themselves any favors by turning the ball over and settling for 3 pointers in the 4th quarter. Absolutely pathetic on their parts, I'll admit that. It really was a horrific combination of Portland winning the game and the Mavs losing it simultaneously.

I'd like to think if we had a healthy Butler available, this series would have gone much differently, but now I'm not sure. If the Mavs don't come out tomorrow night completely pissed off about what just happened and stomp on Portlands throats and somehow manage to lose a 3rd in a row, then the psyche of this team is shot and Portland will win this thing in 6.

It's just so frustrating as a fan at this point to watch them b/c they obviously have the talent and you see the flashes of brilliance. The 3rd quarter of that game was some of, if not the best, basketball the Mavs have played all season.

vCash

and Dirk plays no D, he is a big soft just like the teams mindset

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe he doesn't get too involved on the defensive side because the Mavs cannot afford to have him in any kind of foul trouble? With the addition of Stevens and Chandler, the last thing this team's mindset is, is soft.

I would love to see the thunder do what the Mavs are doing without Westbrook, or the Spurs without Ginobli. My point is, the Mavs held the 3 seed and have managed to win 2 games against a much stronger opponent in Portland without its second best player.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

You act like he just stopped playing D this year

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

No, statistically, he stopped playing real D back in 05'
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe he doesn't get too involved on the defensive side because the Mavs cannot afford to have him in any kind of foul trouble? With the addition of Stevens and Chandler, the last thing this team's mindset is, is soft.

I would love to see the thunder do what the Mavs are doing without Westbrook, or the Spurs without Ginobli. My point is, the Mavs held the 3 seed and have managed to win 2 games against a much stronger opponent in Portland without its second best player.
    Stronger opponent than who?
    Quote Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    the big 12 is myspace in 2008

vCash

Sorry, incomplete thought. The Denver Thuggets
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

Sorry, incomplete thought. The Denver Thuggets
    Ahh thats who I thought you were referencing. I would have to disagree that they are a tougher opponent to face than Denver, but neither is an easy out
    Quote Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    the big 12 is myspace in 2008

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Quik Sand View Post
    Ahh thats who I thought you were referencing. I would have to disagree that they are a tougher opponent to face than Denver, but neither is an easy out
    I just feel the Mavs would have matched up better against the thuggets. Once billups and anthony left the only player that ever worked the Mavs was smith. The west is nuts this year. At this point, the top 3 seeds are either tied in their series or down 1. This is shaping up well for the Thunder though for sure. If the Mavs lose tonight, they are done and at that point I'm all in for OKC and New Orleans. Anyone but the lakers, heat, and celtics. I would like to see OKC vs. Chicago championship....if of course the Mavs are out :-)
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

I think if Dirk only could have stopped growing at 6'9" he would have been better served and could have spent his career at the 3 in stead of at the 4. If there is a position on the floor where you don't have to be the best defensively, it is SF, where as PF is arguably one of the most important positions defensively.

Dirk has never been a great defender...His post up defense isn't terrible, and he'll make a play to slap the ball out of their hands as they go up for a shot, but if it is a guy driving to the basket with a full head of steam, you can pretty much go ahead and count it as a bucket. It's pretty rare that he goes up to really contest those plays, which is frustrating.

That is what was different about the team at the beginning of this year when you had Stevenson, Chandler, and Butler on the floor with him and then Marion to come off the bench. All of them were able to counter whatever defensive shortfalls Dirk and Kidd hade. Unfortunately Butler is out, and Stevenson just doesn't get the minutes he once did b/c his shot isn't as consistent anymore.

vCash

I just feel the Mavs would have matched up better against the thuggets. Once billups and anthony left the only player that ever worked the Mavs was smith.
    Doesn't really matter who the Mavs played this year, b/c when you really think about it, they aren't playing Portland, they are playing against themselves....To me they have shown they are the better team than Portland in this series, but those ghosts of playoffs past have started to haunt them again. The Mavs are just their own worst enemy at this point, as what happened in game 4 could only happen to the Mavs....Any other team in the league would have won the game.

There just has been key moments in each series since Miami when the Mavs have some catastrophic event that puts a hole in their boat and they can't plug the hole until it is too late and they are underwater. That has been what has really hurt the Mavs is once they encounter that event, that they have been unable to bounce back from it and stop the boat from sinking.

My hopes are high that they come out tonight pissed off and dominate Portland the whole night and they can begin to exercise some of those playoff demons.