Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mavs Talk

Re: Mavs Talk

I would like to reduce all the starters minutes but it would be huge for us to get the 2 seed. Home court all the way until the Western Conference finals. I know the Lakers have struggled some lately but they're the 2 time defending champs. Something tells me they could make a stretch run here at the end of the season. Keeping that 2 seed would be huge for us

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

Two things: A. WOW JET TERRY! 6th Man of the year?? I think so. B. I hope Chandler's ankle injury is minor at most, although the rest he will get will pay off come playoff time.

With Pepe le d****e out for the spurs, Mavs have an opportunity to catch them. San antonio looked lost and couldn't keep the ball in their possession against memphis. Mahimi and haywood need to fill the potential hole and they can do it for sure.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

It will be interesting to see if Chandler is out for an extended period of time if Carlisle moves to more of a small ball lineup. Not have Chandler to defend the paint will hurt and there are some tough teams coming up on the schedule. Hopefully Haywood and Mahimni can step it up.

Chandler tweeted last night that it was just a minor injury and he'd be back soon. As far as Terry, he is so clutch for us in the 4th quarter. 6th man of the year no doubt. And look at the spurs schedule. In the next 4 games I think they play the lakers and the heat, good of time as ever to catch the hated spurs

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by texas-sooner View Post
    Chandler tweeted last night that it was just a minor injury and he'd be back soon. As far as Terry, he is so clutch for us in the 4th quarter. 6th man of the year no doubt. And look at the spurs schedule. In the next 4 games I think they play the lakers and the heat, good of time as ever to catch the hated spurs
    DMN said that Chandler expects to miss atleast 2 games. If that is the case then this looks to be minor for sure.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Corey Brewer also signs with the mavs. Pretty good pick-up for the mavs. Probably there best on ball defender now with some pretty good offense. Good pick up for the mavs, adding to an already pretty deep bench

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by texas-sooner View Post
    Corey Brewer also signs with the mavs. Pretty good pick-up for the mavs. Probably there best on ball defender now with some pretty good offense. Good pick up for the mavs, adding to an already pretty deep bench
    Yeah, he was a former top 10 pick, and was part of those Florida teams that won back-to-back NCAA championships. They are saying the deal should go down today....prob 3 years and $8MM. A little pricy for a guy that isn't going to get a ton of minutes, but by no means breaking the bank.

He brings length and versatility to guard multiple positions on the defensive end. Peja will still prob. start at SF, but look for Brewer to get some of his minutes. This will hopefully be a nice addition to an already very, very deep team.

I read where Peja would still start butt depending on who we play you could see Corey start, say if we play Kobe or Durant or someone like that. He is only 24 and last year he averaged abut 13 points a game. This team has about 4 or 5 guys coming off the bench that would start for a lot of NBA teams right now

vCash

Well Brewer wasn't much of a factor tonight but I'm not stressing over that. I know he will get comfortable and post better #'s. Jet Terry in the clutch again...loving this Mavs team right now. Oh and the Heat suck! Wonder how much longer until ESPN removes the "heat index"?
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Yea i'm not to worried about Brewer either. I wasn't expecting good numbers from him right away. Roddy b played much better and looked way more aggressive going towards the basket, always a good sign. And can't say enough about the Terry right now. This team is rolling right now, now if the spurs would ever lose to help us out some

vCash

5 fouls in 5 minutes, isn't exactly a highlight, but you could tell he had a lot of good energy when he was in there. He was really desperate to make a big play, and was probably a bit too aggressive. Hopefully after a week or so he'll start to gel more.

Tough loss tonight. Defense was awful in the second half. Still crazy to think that we've won 18 out of the last 20 with the 2 games we lost comin on buzzer beaters. Probably Roddy B's best game back, would have loved for him to play more in the second half. Always tough to lose a game when the Spurs also lose. Only a game up on Lakers for the 2nd seed now.

vCash

Tough loss indeed. Bit of bad luck on that shot that Haywood blocked going right to Battier under the rim. That's the way basketball go sometimes though. Then Randolph hit a nice fall away jumper to pretty much seal it.

The Mavs have had trouble with the Grizzlies of late. They are a young athletic team that poses a lot of matchup problems for the Mavs, and for whatever reason they are a team that never really seems to grab the Mavs full attention. The Mavs were definitely missing the presence of Chandler for this game. Haywood had a nice game, but there was just no answer for Randolph in the second half, and they gave up a ton of points in the paint.

The Mavs have a pretty tough final stretch of games. It'll be important that everyone gets back and is healthy for the playoffs. I'm not sure if they can catch the Spurs, but they really need to lock down that No. 2 seed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I wouldn't be too concerned with catching the Spurs.

But they need to lock down the #2 seed.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

I've given up on catching the Spurs. The 2 seed is the key because it gives us home court advantage up until the Western Conference Finals, counting that we make it that far. I agree that with the Grizzlies game that killer was the play before the last when the blocked shot goes right to Battier for the reverse lay-up. But when you think that we've won 19 out of 21 with 2 buzzer beater shots to lose is pretty damn good. Would like to see Roddy B play a little more in the second half, He was very effective against the Grizzlies in the 1st half and could have made an impact in the 2nd.

vCash

I think the problem you are running into with Roddy B not getting enough minutes is that Terry is getting starter minutes, but in a 6th man role. Terry definitely deserves those minutes though. He is having one of his best seasons as a Mav.

If Terry is on the floor, the odds of you seeing Roddy out there as well are not very good. Most of Roddy's minutes are coming from the 6 to 8 minutes he starts at the beginning of the 1st and 3rd quarters before Jet is subbed in. Jet gets the rest of those quarters and most of the 2nd and 4th quarter minutes.

There just really aren't many other mintues to go around with Kidd and Barea locking up most of the PG minutes.

vCash

Welp, after a nice win over the Knicks, who were missing Billups, the Mavs lost a tough one at home to the Lakers. Mavs did a respectable job on Kobe, but just had no answer for the tandem of Bynum and Gasol down low, especially when Chandler was out of the game.

Props to Dirk and especially to Shawn Marion, who has had a patent on the put-back-your-own-missed-shot lately. He is 32 but he is still arguably one of the best athletes in the league.

The Mavs just didn't have their usual support from the bench. I'm also beginning to fear the worse as far as the Roddy B experiment goes. At this point I would look to trade him in the off season in hopes of acquiring another piece and/or draft pick. He needs to be the guy that can take the ball to the rim, and I just haven't seen that out of him as much as I'd like.

vCash

Afraid it's getting harder and harder to buy what the Mavs are selling these days. The Lakers have overtaken them in the standings and the Mavs have looked unconvincing in losses to both the Lakers and Spurs in the past week or so.

I'd be wary of anyone the Mavs matchup against in the playoffs, but I guess I'd hope for a Mavs/Nuggets 1st round series. Just doesn't seem like the Roddy B experiment is working out as Mavs fans hoped. He just doesn't attack the basket the way I hoped he would to give us that guy that can get to the bucket pretty much whenever we wanted.

vCash

Welp, I'm afraid last night's poor performance against the Lakers shows the Mavs just don't have the horses to go toe-to-toe with the best in the West. The team is really missing some of that toughness Caron Butler bring to the table right about now.

I realize it was the 2nd night of a back to back, but outside of a respectable effort by Dirk, he didn't get a lot of help from the rest of the team. Terry's shove of Steve Blake was just plain stupid on his part.

I'm thinking the Roddy B experiment needs to be shut down in favor of more time for Barea. He just isn't ready to compete against the elite teams. Barea is the only guy on the Mavs that can take the ball to the basket.

I'm beginning to fear the worst again at this point and that is another first round exit.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

are they gonna be tough enough to win in the playoffs this year? Is Chandler gonna be healthy? Not a Mavs fan but that would be my questions
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/