Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

What exactly is Jeff Capel's style?

I think Jeff Capel seems like a good guy, maybe he is a good coach at some extent. But his recruiting could be weak and he can't run the system he wants. But over the last few years what exactly is Jeff Capel's style? Under our last 2 coaches you knew right away what the team would try and do. Under Blake we kinda knew what the players would do but that's easy when you have a freak like Blake. Those don't come around often. But what exactly is our system now? Are we supposed to have guys stair around at each other and hope to make shots? I don't see any actual offense being ran that much.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LiveLaughLove's Avatar
    vCash

Re: What exactly is Jeff Capel's style?

Armani?

Seriously though, I don't know. I've wondered that myself since he has been here.

I guess it was get Blake the ball at first. I don't think he has many options right now. He has to try and play to the strengths of a team of players that has very few strengths.

He and we need a fresh start, I'm thinking. I hope Joe C. does something soon. Seeing OU in the cellar out of all 12 teams is beyond disgusting.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

2010: Don't turn the ball over.
    2009: Pass the ball a lot and whatever you do, don't shoot
    2008: Dunk the ball, Blake!
    2007: Dunk the ball, Blake!
    2006: Jeff gets technicals because team shows no emotion

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

i dont know if he has a "style" i think hes just trying to get a group of kids together that can play together & like badg said dont turn the ball over. thats KILLER in every game we have played. i wonder if capel can call scott brooks & maybe thunder can teach the sooners something? hahaa
    i love you blake griffin

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

It's gotten so bad with OU basketball that none of the sunshine pumpers are ripping me anymore for ripping Capel.

vCash

GDC, that sounds like a challenge.

We have three victories - only 10 more till we match last season's total!
    We have five losses in a row - but that is DWARFED by last year's nine losses in a row!

Actually, don't you think picking on sunshine pumpers for a 3 and 5 team is kind of like beating up your kid sister? Lay off, man

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GDC View Post
    It's gotten so bad with OU basketball that none of the sunshine pumpers are ripping me anymore for ripping Capel.
    oh I still think you're an ***hole and very wrong.

so suck it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member boomersooner28's Avatar
    vCash

Is anyone else having as hard a time as I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

yeah, this is the first time in my life i haven't tried to catch every game on tv.
    i don't even look for a score now.

and i totally backed him coming here but he might be in too deep now.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

honestly...I don't know what his style is....I know Coach K's 4 -5 things he does on the offensive end...but OU doesn't even look remotely close to doing those....

1. spacing
    2. move without the ball
    3. set screens

at those are the ones I remember from Coach K's book...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Sooner All-World
    vCash

it appears to be a losing style

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe next year they'll recruit someone over 6-8 That would help...
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

vCash

Once Joe C finally finds his ball sac again, Jeff will be gone and a hungry new Coach will right this ship. Being the replacement Coach and being successful is difficult. Hopefully the next guy can build on what's left instead of having to nearly gut the entire program. There's nowhere to go but up IMO.

BOOMER SOONER ! !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    Once Joe C finally finds his ball sac again, Jeff will be gone and a hungry new Coach will right this ship. Being the replacement Coach and being successful is difficult. Hopefully the next guy can build on what's left instead of having to nearly gut the entire program. There's nowhere to go but up IMO.

BOOMER SOONER ! !
    It has to be that Capel is a dead man walking, and Joe C wanted the full year to not fudge this hire up either.

vCash

this is what happens when ya give out 9, YES 9999999...frickin scholarships to guys that honestly have no business being a starter on a top D1 program....(ok..we are not there now...but were).

I love their hustle and they seem to have the right attitude but about 4 of these guys have no business starting or playing much on a top D1 school.

*not talking about our top 3-4 guys...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

My Opinion: I feel that the fanbase for OU basketball has the mindset like the fans of OU Football. We should be contenting for the NC every year and when that doesnt happen, Fire the Coach or it's the end of the world. I think that JCs style is whatever gets his guys to play ball to the best of their ability and to play using the fundamentals. I think that is where the guys from last year had a problem. Dunking and showboating is not the fundamentals. You have to have teachable guys to have a winning team. I think this team has the ability to start a stretch of getting higher caliber athletes, (kinda how Blake got 3 McDs AAs) if they play hard, play smart, remain teachable, and win.

Oh - Just because you cant make it to the games does not mean you arent a true fan. Some people have lives, responsibilites (like helping your kids with homework), and jobs. Its like saying that if you dont live in Norman, your not a true fan... I live in Norman.
    I may not be a smart man, but I can lift heavy things.

Butter my Bottom and call me a Biscuit!

vCash

I get that not every team can make the postseason 25 years in a row, but after 25 years, it's the expected norm, even after a players declaring pro and coaching changes... and NCAA investigations too

vCash

didn't see Nick T even on the stat sheet,,,? what's up?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    didn't see Nick T even on the stat sheet,,,? what's up?
    In Colorado for grandma's funeral... or at least that's what Billy said last night during the broadcast