Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonerchk's Avatar
    vCash

WAYNEPAYNE!!!! Top Chef All Stars starts tonight!!!

I hope the snotty wine guy from season 1 goes first.
    Omelet Posse Omelette

"even when they stumble more than once, they never step into dog**** ... f***in' sooner magic."~another sad horn

Re: WAYNEPAYNE!!!! Top Chef All Stars starts tonight!!!

IN!

vCash

chk this is a true story.

I just drove home from class as fast as Norman PD will allow and I was thinking that chk better have a Top Chef All Stars thread going!!!!

YOU ROCK and I agree, the sommelier dude is a one trick pony - gotta go!

vCash

It's nice that all of us garbage posters still have a place to discuss our trashy tv.
    Omelet Posse Omelette

"even when they stumble more than once, they never step into dog**** ... f***in' sooner magic."~another sad horn

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

No spoilers for us on the West Coast.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

vCash

and of course the Thunder just go to a 3rd OT! Gah!

vCash

Is it a spoiler if I tell you Marcel still has dumb hair and several people seem fat?
    Omelet Posse Omelette

vCash

Well I think the best part of that whole episode may have been the upcoming season snippets at the end!

I have those that I hope will win and I think have the talent to do so

Jen Carroll
    Richard Blaise

and then I have those I just heart!

Tiffany D
    Carla
    Casey
    Dale

vCash

1. Fabio laid into Bourdain and Bourdain actually looked a bit sheepish about it. I'm glad Fabio's not going home, even if he had the worst looking dish.

2. I don't understand a seasoned chef - in a competition no less - not testing the doneness of the fish. She deserved to go home, although I would have liked her to stay in the mix a while longer, for her quirky personality mix.

3. I know I was one of the very few who rooted for Angelo last season. I just love his passion and he's obviously got some talent. I'm happy he won.

4. I don't care that she's 100% lesbian to the bone with the god-awful tattoos, I'd eat Jamie's scallops in a San Fransico minute. She's got the vibes.

5. There are so many chefs I've really liked, it's going to be painful to watch one fall each week.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    1. Fabio laid into Bourdain and Bourdain actually looked a bit sheepish about it. I'm glad Fabio's not going home, even if he had the worst looking dish.

2. I don't understand a seasoned chef - in a competition no less - not testing the doneness of the fish. She deserved to go home, although I would have liked her to stay in the mix a while longer, for her quirky personality mix.
    3. I know I was one of the very few who rooted for Angelo last season. I just love his passion and he's obviously got some talent. I'm happy he won.

4. I don't care that she's 100% lesbian to the bone with the god-awful tattoos, I'd eat Jamie's scallops in a San Fransico minute. She's got the vibes.

5. There are so many chefs I've really liked, it's going to be painful to watch one fall each week.
    agreed.

I also liked seeing in this episode and in the season snippets that the chefs are giving the judges some push back! As Gail said in her blog, they know how the game works and are not going home without a serious battle.

all that being said Stephen needs to go! That man probably hasnt picked up a spatula since Season 1.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by waynepayne View Post
    agreed.

I also liked seeing in this episode and in the season snippets that the chefs are giving the judges some push back! As Gail said in her blog, they know how the game works and are not going home without a serious battle.

all that being said Stephen needs to go! That man probably hasnt picked up a spatula since Season 1.
    Yeah, he can go. I didn't watch Season 1 so I have no emotional attachment. Last night, though, his dish appeared more undistinguished than simply bad.

vCash

I thought going in that Stephen, Fabio (even though I love him) and Elia were probably the weakest of the group. I feel justified.

Of the group, probably the only ones I don't like are Spike, Marcel and Tiffani F. Not much of an Angelo, Antonia, or Casey fan, but I don't particularly dislike them either. Favorites are still Tre, Jen, Blais, and Dale T. I don't know why, but I dig him.

Haven't read the recap yet, so I have no comment, but here it is:http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/top-che...n-8-episode-1/
    Omelet Posse Omelette

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post

Jamie is really cute in person, too. But I was in love with Elia. Too bad I won't get to see her killer eyes and curly hair in the weeks to come.

I never watch reality TV, but I kinda have to watch this one since I'm in a Top Chef Fantasy league. Yeah, really.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner View Post
    I never watch reality TV, but I kinda have to watch this one since I'm in a Top Chef Fantasy league. Yeah, really.
    Omelet Posse Egg Wrangler.

vCash

It is going to be intense.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdgensooner View Post
    It is going to be intense.
    You're in tents.
    Omelet Posse Egg Wrangler.

vCash

Okay, I freaking loved the challenges. Making them fix the dish that got them sent home was GENIUS! Of course, Stephen had never cooked it in the first place, so of course he choked it. I really hope he's not going to be joining the long list of contestants who slide far into the competition because they just barely suck less than someone else every week.
    Omelet Posse Omelette

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    You're in tents.
    Yes, so?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerchk View Post
    Of course, Stephen had never cooked it in the first place, so of course he choked it. I really hope he's not going to be joining the long list of contestants who slide far into the competition because they just barely suck less than someone else every week.
    He is reminiscent of a character you'd see on Criminal Minds--there's a dark secret hiding in his closet.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdgensooner View Post

He is reminiscent of a character you'd see on Criminal Minds--there's a dark secret hiding in his closet.
    I think it's hiding in that bigass tie he wears.
    Omelet Posse Omelette

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerchk View Post
    Okay, I freaking loved the challenges. Making them fix the dish that got them sent home was GENIUS! Of course, Stephen had never cooked it in the first place, so of course he choked it. I really hope he's not going to be joining the long list of contestants who slide far into the competition because they just barely suck less than someone else every week.
    this was in fact sheer brilliance and some of the upcoming challenges look terrific.

decent recap

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...s-and-do-overs