Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthCarolinaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

The Tea Party is actually getting scary

First, we have Gingrich in June saying that the Tea Party will become the militant arm of the GOP

Next, we have Sharron Angle saying that she thinks that if "the people are so unsatisfied by the tyranny of the current party, that our 2nd amendment rights are not out of the question"

Now, even MORE straightfoward Tea Party congressional candidate Stephen Broden was asked if violence would be an option in 2010 if the composition of the government remained unchanged by the elections. “The option is on the table,” Broden said. “I don’t think that we should remove anything from the table as it relates to our liberties and our freedoms."

Seriously, this is going too far. Vote the man out in 2012 like civilized democratic human beings. This is America, not Bolivia.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: The Tea Party is actually getting scary

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaSooner View Post
    First, we have Gingrich in June saying that the Tea Party will become the militant arm of the GOP

Next, we have Sharron Angle saying that she thinks that if "the people are so unsatisfied by the tyranny of the current party, that our 2nd amendment rights are not out of the question"

Now, even MORE straightfoward Tea Party congressional candidate Stephen Broden was asked if violence would be an option in 2010 if the composition of the government remained unchanged by the elections. “The option is on the table,” Broden said. “I don’t think that we should remove anything from the table as it relates to our liberties and our freedoms."

Seriously, this is going too far. Vote the man out in 2012 like civilized democratic human beings. This is America, not Bolivia.
    I see no reason why they won't be co-opted and tamped by the establishment like every other movement of their kind has in this country.
    Boomer Sooner

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner n houston's Avatar
    vCash

No it is not far enough!

vCash

Yeah, democracy really sucks when it doesn't work in your favor, amirite?

I can't understand the rhetoric. Racism is the only explanation. Where was all of this "taking America back!" crap when Clinton was in office?
    I'm not really Serge Ibaka: I was born and raised in Green Country and not in the Congo. But I do like giraffes.

vCash

I once was at a party when Missouri Senator Dick Gephardt walked in. It's funny how folks change when a guy like that that you completely disagree with is right in front of your face. I saw folks who had spewed stuff about how they hated him and why, stand there and shake the guys hand and wish him well.

These TeaPot rallys really remind me of that night sometimes. They all show up and are angry and ready for someone to lead them and what they believe in and when asked why they like a certain candidate...lots of them say stuff like because he'll put an end to this current administration! Watching folks get all star struck is amazing. These folks that are running that think they can fix our Country don't seem to have a clue...they are just taken aback by the number of people who show them interest.

You have to think that if the TeaPots don't join with the Pubs it will continue to make a mess out of things. I have said this more than once...this all reminds me of when Perot ran for office. After that Ralph Nader tried to put together a third party and found out how powerful the Dems and the Pubs were and was unable to get himself on the ballot in every state. People really need to ask some of these folks how the heck they are going to either take over the Republican Party and nominate their Candidate. If they don't and try to go it alone...I'm uncertain how things will turn out. Should TeaPots oust Dems in the next election will the Republican party absorb these folks? Do these folks want to be absorbed or do they want Power of the Republican Party? I guess we'll see soon.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serge Ibaka View Post

I can't understand the rhetoric. Racism is the only explanation. Where was all of this "taking America back!" crap when Clinton was in office?
    Well, let's see, there was right-wing smear campaigns like "The Clinton Chronicles." There were the impeachment proceedings based on a beej.

You're right, *you* can't understand the rhetoric. But just because you don't get it doesn't mean that it must be racially motivated.
    The SF.com Retard Remover...it makes the postards you have on ignore disappear completely:
    http://173.203.71.50/sfcom_retard_remover.user.js

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Newt is a historian, thus he should know better. The Tea Party is nothing like the Waffen SS. The Waffen SS had sharper outfits, panzers and great marching bands.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Newt missed his calling?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 mgsooner's Avatar
    vCash

What the Broden dude said is borderline illegal.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Well, let's see, there was right-wing smear campaigns like "The Clinton Chronicles." There were the impeachment proceedings based on a beej.
    Good point. Fine, they aren't racist; they're just crazy.
    I'm not really Serge Ibaka: I was born and raised in Green Country and not in the Congo. But I do like giraffes.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Leroy Lizard's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serge Ibaka View Post

I can't understand the rhetoric. Racism is the only explanation.
    Oh, of course!
    At least I'm not Jersey Sooner.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerNate's Avatar
    vCash

Let me get this straight. An Appeals court in the United States more or less is allowing non citizens to vote and you are more concerned with the tea partiers?
    twitter: @ palmbeachsooner

vCash

I attended a banquet where the Left gave this dude a standing ovation.

Last edited by Leroy Lizard; 10/27/2010 at 05:55 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Eh, I am to the point right now where I don't think an armed insurrection would be that bad. What is it going to cost us? Our high standing in the international community? Our perch as the world's "sole" superpower? Those things have been gone for a while. Let the idiots have an armed uprising. Let them kill a few (million) folks.
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Havok View Post
    Eh, I am to the point right now where I don't think an armed insurrection would be that bad. What is it going to cost us? Our high standing in the international community? Our perch as the world's "sole" superpower? Those things have been gone for a while. Let the idiots have an armed uprising. Let them kill a few (million) folks.
    I am all for the argument that if you don't like the government, vote 'em out. But that argument disappears once the government starts allowing non-citizens the ability to vote.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Lizard View Post
    I am all for the argument that if you don't like the government, vote 'em out. But that argument disappears once the government starts allowing non-citizens the ability to vote.
    It hasn't
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Havok View Post
    It hasn't
    Words don't mean anything anymore, man. Just make **** up and keep repeating it.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerNate's Avatar
    vCash

Frozen, are you ready for next Tuesday?
    twitter: @ palmbeachsooner

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Sure I am. Should Republicans win back control of the House (which they probably will) or Senate (less likely) then hey--the political process generally works and if people believe Republicans will do a better job, then give them the opportunity. I don't believe that, but in general I'm not going to pout and make up lies in order to convince myself that my side didn't really lose.

The point is to move the country forward. If Republicans can do it, good on 'em.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Our oligarchy really enjoys all the time wasted on **** like this that simply doesn't matter. Keep up the good work boys!
    Atheist.