Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Questions about Oklahoma Beer

I'm sure it's been beaten to death 100 times, but as a native Texan, is there a link that explains the difference between Okie beer and regular beer? I understand that Okie beer is 3.2% alcohol by weight which is 4% alcohol by volume. So there really isn't a huge difference in alcohol amounts between Okie beer and TX beer. My Texas friend says that Keystone and Natty are even lighter in Oklahoma than the light beers. Is that true? Help me out. K coooooooool. Thanks!
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Questions about Oklahoma Beer

budweiser in texas and most states is 5.0% by volume. beer in oklahoma can be served cold at a maximum of 3.2% by volume. the volume/weight thing is just how it is measured...by weight it's about 4.0%, with texas beer being about 6.0% by weight. there is a noticeable difference. people can say, well it's only 1.8% more, but when you are dealing with a number as small as 5.0%, 1.8% is a big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 reflector's Avatar
    vCash

If you want to purchase beer more than 3.2%, you have to buy it at liquor stores I believe.
    <a href=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/reflector3/sig_reflector.png target=_blank>http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w..._reflector.png</a>

party pooper
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by reflector View Post
    If you want to purchase beer more than 3.2%, you have to buy it at liquor stores I believe.
    And buy it warm....just wrong.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by starclassic tama View Post
    budweiser in texas and most states is 5.0% by volume. beer in oklahoma can be served cold at a maximum of 3.2% by volume. the volume/weight thing is just how it is measured...by weight it's about 4.0%, with texas beer being about 6.0% by weight. there is a noticeable difference. people can say, well it's only 1.8% more, but when you are dealing with a number as small as 5.0%, 1.8% is a big difference.
    And of course Texas makes up for it by having dry counties.
    at this point in the process, I can only assume it was a typo and they meant to say "cram"...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KABOOKIE's Avatar
    vCash

Tyler ****ing texass. You gotta drive like 40 miles to get beer. **** that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    And of course Texas makes up for it by having dry counties.
    ...or "dry" voting precincts in Dallas.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I'm sure it's been beaten to death 100 times, but as a native Texan, is there a link that explains the difference between Okie beer and regular beer? I understand that Okie beer is 3.2% alcohol by weight which is 4% alcohol by volume. So there really isn't a huge difference in alcohol amounts between Okie beer and TX beer. My Texas friend says that Keystone and Natty are even lighter in Oklahoma than the light beers. Is that true? Help me out. K coooooooool. Thanks!
    Being from Oklahoma but going to school in Texas, I've had plenty of both beers.

Oklahoma beer tastes like camel ****.

vCash

The irony of the situation is that the liquor store lobby and certain Christian groups "team up" to lobby against allowing normal beer to be sold in grocery stores/convenience stores.

I really don't like activist Christians.

vCash

Yankee. Yer friends are full of **** .
    Nuff said
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by starclassic tama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reflector View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    And buy it warm....just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Being from Oklahoma but going to school in Texas, I've had plenty of both beers.

Oklahoma beer tastes like camel ****.
    Yall are dummer than camel ****.
    By volume is way Dif than By weight
    Drive the extry miles fer Beer that aint any more stronger9 Cept in yer Head) than Beer in OK .
    The Beer ya buy in the LS HOT is the Same Dayum Beer ya Buy COLD in the Cstore next door .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 GKeeper316's Avatar
    vCash

the difference between oklahoma beer and texas beer is marginal... most beers are low in alcohol content anyway. i mean guinness is only about 4.5%.

just because in texas you cant sell beer in excess of 6% by volume (in a convienience store), doesnt mean its actually going to have a 6% alcohol content.

the whole "6 point beer" thing is one of the god-damned dumbest things people in oklahoma say.
    There's few things in the world that can't be fixed by the liberal application of duct tape.

Those who say winning isn't everything are the people you want to play against.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GKeeper316 View Post
    the difference between oklahoma beer and texas beer is marginal... most beers are low in alcohol content anyway. i mean guinness is only about 4.5%.

just because in texas you cant sell beer in excess of 6% by volume (in a convienience store), doesnt mean its actually going to have a 6% alcohol content.

the whole "6 point beer" thing is one of the god-damned dumbest things people in oklahoma say.
    Hesuze christ Gomer . YOU get it
    Hell Now I got to Spek ya
    If YOU ****ing Idiots dont believe it, Call the ****ing Breweries
    I get so sick of the Idiots saying " Okie Beer Tastes Like water " But Arkie/Saxet Beer is the real stuff . Give me a ****in break
    Had one idjit tell me he couldnt Get drunk on Okie Beer . I called him a LIAR

vCash

Im just gonna send to Bolivia the next idjit that brings this up .

vCash

but i can't buy good beer cold. that's the problem.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    They don't want you killing the sixer on the way home. Because, you know, that's a totally normal thing to do. But you can go to a bar and get hammered and drive home. Nothing wrong with that.
    at this point in the process, I can only assume it was a typo and they meant to say "cram"...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    Put the first 3 in the freezer.

I've never had a problem with so-called Oklahoma beer. I go to the liquor in the front store.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Yankee. Yer friends are full of **** .
    Nuff said
    i know you get all personal about okie beer...not sure why when you got OVJ.

this is what my friend said:

"You'd have to drink Bud Ice or Keystone Ice to get the 6%.

Coors Light and Bud Light have roughly a 4.25-4.3% on average.

Keystone and Natty are at a 3%"

i'd love to prove him wrong because he's an idiot.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Put the first 3 in the freezer.

I've never had a problem with so-called Oklahoma beer. I go to the liquor in the front store.
    i'm talking imports or things like Fat Tire, that i can't even get.

sure, an ice bath gets them cold, but i have to jump through hoops because some legislators are in someone's pocket, not because of some public safety thing

i also can't buy them on Sunday or after 9PM. it's lame. it's not like i'm some alcoholic, i just like the occasional beer, and i'd rather them not be crappy domestics a lot of the time, and i basically have to plan ahead

Yacht Rocker

vCash

Keystone and Natty are at a 3%"

i'd love to prove him wrong because he's an idiot.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/306/1341 Keystone light 4.2%

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/306/1341 Natty 4.2%