Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Boardwalk Empire

Debuted last night on HBO and it was amazingly good. How could you lose with Steve Buscemi directed by Martin Scorcese?

We think its the best thing on television in several years.

Anyway, check it out. If you like period mob stuff.

http://www.hbo.com/boardwalk-empire?...SVpgIATuUXOA==
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: Boardwalk Empire

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Lott's Bandana's Avatar
    vCash

in

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OULenexaman's Avatar
    Back in beautiful crime free Lenexa...far away from all the Obama loving losers
    vCash

This show rocks...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Liked it.

vCash

DVR'd it..haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner ngintunr's Avatar
    vCash

Loved it. 5 stars for sure.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

They've already renewed it for a second season.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...rdwalk-empire/
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbrat View Post
    DVR'd it..haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
    Same.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

Definitely lived up to the hype, although there was such an amazing amount of talent attached to this it would be hard to go wrong.

My only (semi) criticism is with the character of Nucky. I love Steve Buscemi as an actor, but I felt absolutely zero sympathy for this guy as the protagonist. The storylines are interesting enough that I will enjoy watching regardless, but without a Tony Soprano or a Michael Corleone type anti-hero to root for, I think that could present a problem down the line.

vCash

OH HECKS YEAH! This show is the bees balls in my opinion!
    Like my old grand daddy used to say, "The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect."

2006 Oklahoma Sooners
    2007 Oklahoma Sooners
    2008 Oklahoma Sooners

Wild West Wench
    vCash

I'm getting free HBO for 3 months, just enough time to suck me in to all their great series. I guess I'll be coughing up the extra $$ after it expires, it's just so much better than network TV, not even close. Plus, I get OnDemand, so if I miss a show, I can watch it later and not take up DVR space. ROCKS!!!

Formerly OregonSooner PDXsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Loved episode 1

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

*****SORT OF SPOILER ALERT*****

Did anyone else's wife do a fist pump when they dumped the wife-beater at sea?

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TMcGee86's Avatar
    vCash

Man, that scene with his daughter at the dinner table was brutal.

I don't know how they got that little girl to cry like that because she looked far to young to actually be acting. And her face was so scared I have to think that was real emotion.

As the dad of a two yr old daughter, watching her cry was like a knife to the gut. I was very glad they dumped that bastard at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by TMcGee86 View Post
    I don't know how they got that little girl to cry like that because she looked far to young to actually be acting. And her face was so scared I have to think that was real emotion.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was watching that scene.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TMcGee86 View Post
    Man, that scene with his daughter at the dinner table was brutal.

As the dad of a two yr old daughter, watching her cry was like a knife to the gut. I was very glad they dumped that bastard at sea.
    We figured they must have shown her something very disturbing off camera. Not "2 girls 1 cup" disturbing, because she's only two and would not have gotten it. Maybe like "Dora the Explorer" being decapitated by an axe-wielding baddie.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUMallen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    We figured they must have shown her something very disturbing off camera. Not "2 girls 1 cup" disturbing, because she's only two and would not have gotten it. Maybe like "Dora the Explorer" being decapitated by an axe-wielding baddie.
    Or someone punching her real mom.
    Olevet Posse Bail Bondsman

"I searched through rebellion, drugs, diets, mysticism, religions, intellectualism and much more, only to begin to find that truth is basically simple - and feels good, clean and right"
    - Chick Corea

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySooner View Post
    I'm getting free HBO for 3 months, just enough time to suck me in to all their great series. I guess I'll be coughing up the extra $$ after it expires, it's just so much better than network TV, not even close. Plus, I get OnDemand, so if I miss a show, I can watch it later and not take up DVR space. ROCKS!!!
    if you have directv DVR, you can't get HBO on demand.
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    Or someone punching her real mom.
    Which reminds me, remember that scene in "Bruno" when he was conducting casting interviews with stage parents? Makes you wonder what people like that will really sign-off on with regard to their kids in order to get them the role.

And did anyone else notice the battered mom was played by the same Scottish actress who played the wife in "No Country For Old Men?"

I wonder if Nucky is going to take her as a lover or just watch over her in a fatherly sort of way? If it's the latter, that may embue him with the redeeming quality his character now seems to lack.