Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

The Ultimate Fighter- Lightweights

WOW! 1st fight to get into the house, 13 second KO...I like that guy for sure
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

Re: The Ultimate Fighter- Lightweights

Looks like it is gonna be a hell of a season, I really like Caceras, Mckenzie, Johnson, Stevens, and Lentz

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

FYI, my HS buddy Zac George just signed on to fight in the Bellator Featherweight Tourney in Jan or Feb, he is 20-4. Keep an eye out for him.

For those of you who know the way it is all set up better than I, how does Bellator work? If he wins the tourney, what shot would he have at UFC?

~ Ivan Maisel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Finally got a chance to watch this on the DVR. Many solid fights that went the distance. They all seemed to display good athleticism and nice combinations of power and submission techniques.

Feel bad for the guy that got KO'd in the first few seconds. At the same time it was pretty impressive. Stevens just connected cleanly on that big overhand right.

Awesome to see the effects of a good liver shot by Nam Phan. Budnik just buckled right over when Phan landed that.

Caceras is an interesting character. If he does well this season, I could see him being a big draw at UFC fights and develop a good following of fans.

That Guillotine Choke by McKenzie was also impressive. Like how he just said to the ref, "He's asleep."

If the opener was any indication, then it should be a great season. GSP vs. Kosheck 2 will make for good tv. Kosheck will of course want to avenge his loss to GSP a few years back, but I'm still not sure he'll be able to best GSP, who hasn't lost in over 3 years.

vCash

Got to watch this weeks finally. Thought the team pick strategy by GSP was brilliant. Koscheck took the bait on that one.

Bruce Leeroy(Caceras) vs. Lentz was a pretty boring fight. Lentz just got sloppy and let the match slip away. Not really sure how much futher Bruce Leeroy will go. He didn't look impressive whatsoever against Lentz. Just hung in there and took advantage of another average fighter.

Think it's going to be a good season though.

vCash

Bruce LeeRoy is one of those fighters who isnt great at anything but he is good at most things, the fact that he is so unorthodox makes him better as well

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Well, MJ didnt really look all that good, especially on the ground. Having said that, once he decided to go after it he ended the fight quickly

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Yeah, for being both who Koscheck and GSP wanted to take first he sure didn't look worthy of the pick. Was very impressive to see him come out in that 3rd round with a lot of intensity and ferocity. Usually don't see that as most guys are gassed by that time of the fight. Credit him for hanging in there, but yeah, he's gotta improve his ground defense or else he won't make it much longer. Definitely has the tools to be a solid fighter in time, but I don't think we'll see any major transformation by the time the season is over.

vCash

I tell you what, I felt like after seeing that fight that Watson may be vulnerable to a good striker but the dude is a hell of a tactician on the ground

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Yeah, I didn't really give Main much of a chance against Watson....Watson has way more experience and when they are both the same style of fighter, I'm not surprised Watson came out with the submission win.

You're right about Watson maybe struggling with somebody that has better standup, especially if they have a longer reach than he does. But yeah, Watson doesn't panic whatsoever if a guy has position on him.

Smart fight pick again by GSP.

Its crazy how every season they put a coach in that I thought I couldn't stand but by the time the season is over my opinion has completely changed. Already changed my opinion on GSP.

vCash

Yea, GSP is really cool and KOS isnt near the azz that they make him out to be

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

**** Kos! I have never liked that dude since he and Diego went at it.

Ever since the show, I have hated Rashad and Mir.

vCash

I think they could have gotten GSP a better opponent to match up with him than Koscheck, but Koscheck is pretty outspoken guy and will definitely make for good promotions and such leading up to the fight.

I wasn't sure how GSP would be as a coach, but I like that he lets his coaches really do the coaching and GSP is just more of a sparring partner for the guys. Can't wait for tonights episode!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 reflector's Avatar
    vCash

This is the best reality show on television.

vCash

A soap opera for Men!!!

~ Ivan Maisel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 reflector's Avatar
    vCash

I thought Nam Phan looked really good on tonight's episode. I thought Spencer would be more a test for him.

vCash

Nam is solid, Spencer got a little too kick happy and then he broke his hand.

I thought Kos was pretty classless after and hopefully it will bite him and his team

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11 View Post
    Bruce LeeRoy is one of those fighters who isnt great at anything but he is good at most things, the fact that he is so unorthodox makes him better as well
    Bruce Leeroy is just a talker. His game is limited and he will not last long. All he did was kick.

Every season has to have one fighter who runs their mouth and the others hate. He is this seasons Junie Browning.

vCash

Does any one know if Spencer Paige is actually a right handed guy that fights southpaw? Or if he is a true lefty? Just seemed like he could generate a lot of power from both the right arm and right leg in his fight.

It was nice to see a good standup fight by both guys. Spencer is a good fighter, I think he just ran into a guy with way more experience than him at this point. Nam is a great striker. Love that he focuses on body shots too, and if you watch him slow-mo, you can really see how much power he generates through his legs and torso.

Still not sure how well Nam would do if it goes to the ground, but he could definitely be a contender to win this whole thing.

Loved GSP crazy Thai Boxing coach. Hilarious, but yeah that guy is brutal. Why can't he be competing?