SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

My daughter got engaged last night...

not sure how I feel about it yet.

At this point, wedding's at least 18 months off. Me likey long engagements.

that is all.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MR2-Sooner86's Avatar
    vCash

Re: My daughter got engaged last night...

Glad to finally be in the family, dad
    Loved By The People
    "you are a disgusting pig and should be punished for such vile language. Would you like your mom to see that you wrote that? YOU=Disgusting pig."
    "you lack any semblance of taste and suggest substandard upbringing and education"
    "Guess what? You're a ****ing dildo!"
    "You're an asshat!"
    "racist pig by any chance?"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Congrats, homey. If I remember correctly, she already has her university degree. The long engagement and the committment of the young man is a very good thing, in my opinion. You and your wife raised her right and you should be very proud.

I also think that you will give the fiancée a pretty stern test, like in that “Meet the Parents” movie.

If you don’t have a lie detector test at your home, I am sure you can order one online.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    Congrats, homey. If I remember correctly, she already has her university degree. The long engagement and the committment of the young man is a very good thing, in my opinion. You and your wife raised her right and you should be very proud.

I also think that you will give the fiancée a pretty stern test, like in that “Meet the Parents” movie.

If you don’t have a lie detector test at your home, I am sure you can order one online.
    He and I already had "the talk." To his credit, he came over and asked my blessing first. I told him, welcome to the family, but, if he ever deliberately hurt her, I would kill him. I think he knows I meant it.

Anyhoo, between my daughter (Auburn), her mama (South Carolina), and this young man (Ole Miss), we now have one-fourth of the SEC covered in this family.

P.S. I intend to bring them to a tailgate so you people can tease him.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

I just called his parents to commiserate. He's Nebbish (played baseball) and she's WVU. Only in America.

Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    He and I already had "the talk." To his credit, he came over and asked my blessing first. I told him, welcome to the family, but, if he ever deliberately hurt her, I would kill him. I think he knows I meant it.

Anyhoo, between my daughter (Auburn), her mama (South Carolina), and this young man (Ole Miss), we now have one-fourth of the SEC covered in this family.

P.S. I intend to bring them to a tailgate so you people can tease him.
    If he was good enough to come to you about it he sounds like a pretty good dude. Congrats to you and yours. I've been to oxford it's pretty nice. Start saving those pennies!
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    I just called his parents to commiserate. He's Nebbish (played baseball) and she's WVU. Only in America.
    Yeah only in America, God Bless us ALL.

And efficiency and cutting to the heart of the matter: It is admirable and very American.

I already offered my congrats and that was very heartfelt, so please do not take any offense at this.

Homey, you really have amazing skills. You extracted the education of your future son-in-law's parents through a phone call? Forget the lie detector test unless he is a male nurse. What ever, you will have some really smart grandchildren and will be very proud over and over again.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Tempus fugit. Eh. Homey?
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner View Post
    Tempus fugit. Eh. Homey?
    No shiite. Seems like just yesterday she was still erping on my shoulder. No matter. It's that "Circle of Life" dealio.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Homey,
    Have you broke the news to SicEm yet? He must be devastated!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member dolemitesooner's Avatar
    vCash

hrmpphhh

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I can only imaginehow you feel since I only have two boys (Ryan 6,Jason 3).I figure I'll be in a nursing home or dead before my boys get engaged.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Wild West Wench
    vCash

Congrats Homey, that's so exciting!! If you're like my dad, all you gotta do is pick up your tux and try not to bawl as you walk down the aisle. Oh, and pay the bills, duh. I wish them a long and wonderful life together, and just wait til those grandbabies come along. My kids are spoiled rotten on both sides by their nanas and papas, all four of those people are wrapped securely around my kids' little fingers.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

Congrats...I'd say it would be hard to welcome SEC blood into the family, but it sounds like you've been looking past SEC connections already anyway. Good luck to the future of your daughter and her fiance.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerJack's Avatar
    vCash

Congratulations, Homey.

This engagement should yield much interesting thread fodder.
    I gots ta get me a signature.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Congrats Homey.

I shudder to think what it will be like when one of my little girls takes the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Congratulations! So really though, how long you think he's been gettin' it? I'm know i'm not the only one wondering that.

caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow
    vCash

Good for you, Homey. Wonderful news!
    I got a bad mustache
    a recurring rash
    and not a lot of cash.
    I spend it on my stash.
    Man it's good to be a geek!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    A better idea would be for posters to stop being cockgobbling dooshrockets for the sport of it.