Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Gallon Exploring His Options...

08/16/10, 5:02 am EST, via ESPN/NBA movement/rumor ticker...

Keith "Tiny" Gallon, selected with the No. 47 pick in the second round of the 2010 draft, has not signed a contract yet with Milwaukee.

Oh no, they've discovered my fondness for Twinkies and my "Excuses for Getting Out of Working Out" book. What to do?

"We're exploring all possibilities," Gallon's agent, Mark Cornstein, tells The Journal Times.

Read: I have literally BEGGED the Bucks to keep him. I even tried to get him to make friends with Brandon Jennings, like a LeBron/Boobie, or a Bosh/Jarret Jack thing. And Coby Karl too. He gets cut EVERY freakin' year, then gets picked back up under some non-protection team option in case a better player comes along. That way, he's on the team, and he's not "using up" any D-League time... if he even has any left anyway. Go to Bologna and dunk on "Tiny" already, Coby, geez.

Those possibilities include playing overseas during the upcoming season. He can also sign the non-guaranteed one-year tender from the Bucks if the two sides can't come to terms on a deal.

What kills me is their use of the word "possibilities," as if there are countless opportunites for this "the sky's the limit" young man. EAD, Gallon. Europe. D-League. There's your "possibilities." Come back when you can play more than eight minutes consecutively before needing a pinch runner.

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Gallon Exploring His Options...

He COULD be a contestant on THE BIGGEST LOSER.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

I thought that show was about weight loss. How could Gallon be on that?

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

vCash

Great choices Tiny and TMG.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    Great choices Tiny and TMG.
    As far as turning pro, they had no other choice to make.

As far as hard work before/during/after their first, final and only season of college ball... um...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

EAD.

heh.
    “When half the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is about the end of any nation." --Adrian Rogers

vCash

You remember that ridiculous commercial recently of the basketball player traveling with his agent? The one where it's a guy who can't make a basket and is running around and bumping into things all clumsy?

"Mr. Gallon really wants to play for Italy/Hong Kong/insert some random place here".

That's just what it reminds me of. For the life of me I can't even think of what that stupid commercial was for. Think Mastercard.

In the hills and trees west of Tulseytown.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUTrumpet View Post
    You remember that ridiculous commercial recently of the basketball player traveling with his agent? The one where it's a guy who can't make a basket and is running around and bumping into things all clumsy?

"Mr. Gallon really wants to play for Italy/Hong Kong/insert some random place here".

That's just what it reminds me of. For the life of me I can't even think of what that stupid commercial was for. Think Mastercard.
    I remember this one - It was American Airlines. Mark Cuban even appeared in it.
    OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL - THE HOME OF CHAMPIONS!
    BIG XII CHAMPIONS: 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: 1950, 1955, 1956, 1974, 1975, 1985, 2000
    (We could claim more, but we're not 'Bama!)

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I thought this thread was about a Tiny Gallon sighting at the Golden Corral.
    Bazinga

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 cheezyq's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    It isn't?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by the_ouskull View Post
    It isn't?
    you didnt put

"the_ouskull"

at the end of your post so im disregarding it and it never happened.

vCash

I tend not to on drive-bys, but at least my sig's about someone cool.

you_f'inhappy?

vCash

but at least my sig's about someone cool.
    Whats that mean

you_f'inhappy?
    Yes always when its you skull

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Capel should be forced to join Tiny and/or TMG wherever they end up.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

You are saying Capel should have to work at Burger King?

vCash

LOL^^^^

But seriously, i like Capel and his recruiting skills

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Seriously, skull needs his own blog or to write for some sports entity, dude has mad skills. Someone needs to bring together some of the good writers on here, like an edition of the best of 04, skull, OLD SOONER, etc.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pilobolus View Post
    Seriously, skull needs his own blog or to write for some sports entity, dude has mad skills. Someone needs to bring together some of the good writers on here, like an edition of the best of 04, skull, OLD SOONER, etc.
    They could have a big blog thread like I did for womens bball last season... it seemed to bring good luck to the team that wasn't expected to do much after losing the Paris twins to graduation, then Whitney Hand to an injury that should just forever be known on among sooner fans affectionately as a "Jason White." Think what an 04/skull/et al blog could do for this team that just lost three mickie d AA's!

Speaking of, wouldn't it be ironic if Mickie D ended up being the final working place of Tiny or TMG? Ah, but I should joke, because I really do wish them well and know that it will be incredibly difficult for them now that they might not have a pro ball future with much earning potential.

vCash

All the potential in the world can't turn dumb smart. Only work can.