Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's Mayonnaise (known as Best Foods on the US West Coast) was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.... But as we know....the great ship did not make it to New York...The ship hit an iceberg and sank....and the cargo was forever lost....

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery....were disconsolate at the loss....

Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning which they still observe to this day...

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th....and is known....of course....as

Sinko de Mayo....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner Born Sooner Bred's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Mayonnaise

Retirement has made you cornier than before. . .

yeah i know its uber corny....but it made me laugh so i thought i'd share it!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

you got my the same voice mail from our CEO!

vCash

OK, but what about Miracle Whip. When I was a young lad, I thought they were one in the same.
    My kids rock the flock!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Ewww...don't lick it off your arm.

vCash

Miracle Whip is gross.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Born Sooner Bred
    Miracle Whip is the best.
    I agree.

vCash

Nothing beats hellman's.
    My kids rock the flock!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

SFJK is now an honorary aggie.
    posse member

vCash

a few years ago i was in a cinco de "mayo" mayo eating contest..it was for a trip to cancun..corn tortillas filled with mayo about an inch thick.

i was sick for days and i didn't even win. i ate 8 of those bad boys and the winner ate 16 of them.
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbrat
    a few years ago i was in a cinco de "mayo" mayo eating contest..it was for a trip to cancun..corn tortillas filled with mayo about an inch thick.

i was sick for days and i didn't even win. i ate 8 of those bad boys and the winner ate 16 of them.
    that's 8 more than I would have even tried..

blech...mayonnaise...
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    I agree.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

vCash

i haven't been able to stomach corn tortillas or regular mayo since then. miracle whip is OK.
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member critical_phil's Avatar
    vCash

mayo=suck

i once threw a hamburger at the hardee's drive thru lady because they put mayo on my burger.

it's also why i won't eat at wendy's. they'll put mayo on it no matter how it's ordered....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

I know you f'n hillbillies have mind control juice in that mayo stuff...s'why a brotha won't eat it
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by critical_phil
    mayo=suck

i once threw a hamburger at the hardee's drive thru lady because they put mayo on my burger.

it's also why i won't eat at wendy's. they'll put mayo on it no matter how it's ordered....
    1. Mayo > Miracle Whip. Snot even close.

2. What do you call 4 Mexicans in quicksand?

Quatro Sinko

3. I once defended a chain-restaraunt from a civil case arising from an incident not-unlike the one Brother Critical Phil describes. Seems it all started with "... make that a cheeseburger, @sshole." So, when Ordering Dude came 'round to pick up his food, it got launched into his convertible, airmail. Dude comes out to protest, offering fisticuffs and Drive-Through Employee of the Month clocks him with the metal bar used to keep orders in a neat row. The Employee claimed it was a "defense rod" and that he'd been trained to use it as such.
    I got a bad mustache
    a recurring rash
    and not a lot of cash.
    I spend it on my stash.
    Man it's good to be a geek!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    A better idea would be for posters to stop being cockgobbling dooshrockets for the sport of it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Oldnslo
    3. I once defended a chain-restaraunt from a civil case arising from an incident not-unlike the one Brother Critical Phil describes. Seems it all started with "... make that a cheeseburger, @sshole." So, when Ordering Dude came 'round to pick up his food, it got launched into his convertible, airmail. Dude comes out to protest, offering fisticuffs and Drive-Through Employee of the Month clocks him with the metal bar used to keep orders in a neat row. The Employee claimed it was a "defense rod" and that he'd been trained to use it as such.
    Defense.... employee was not acting within the course and scope of his employment and in fact, was acting outside the specific training received by employees therefore, summary judgment for the restaurant is proper.

Before summary judgment motion is ruled upon by the court, said restaurant pays a nuisance settlement of $2,500.00.

Yes?

In Pacem Requiescat --- October 5, 2003 - October 18, 2010.

caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow
    vCash

Employee's testimony pretty much torpedoed SJ. MSJ's are not favored under OK law; it's yet another reason to try to get a case removed to federal court.

Yeah, it settled. Not for $2,500.
    I got a bad mustache
    a recurring rash
    and not a lot of cash.
    I spend it on my stash.
    Man it's good to be a geek!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    A better idea would be for posters to stop being cockgobbling dooshrockets for the sport of it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member critical_phil's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Oldnslo
    I once defended a chain-restaraunt from a civil case arising from an incident not-unlike the one Brother Critical Phil describes. Seems it all started with "... make that a cheeseburger, @sshole." So, when Ordering Dude came 'round to pick up his food, it got launched into his convertible, airmail. Dude comes out to protest, offering fisticuffs and Drive-Through Employee of the Month clocks him with the metal bar used to keep orders in a neat row. The Employee claimed it was a "defense rod" and that he'd been trained to use it as such.

i guess i'm lucky i didn't hit mr. employee of the month. the burger didn't really hit the lady (the windows were closed). i had a bad (and quick) temper back then.

in my defense, i'd been driving for about 8 hours and all i wanted was a hamburger, (-) mayo, (+) mustard.

if it says (-) mayo, (+) mustard on the receipt, i get upset. nowdays, i don't throw anything. i just ask for my money back. of course they always offer to make me a new one or give me something free. no thanks, i'll just drive to taco bell.

then i go see if the retards at taco bell can make an order with no sour cream........