Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Hedo Turkoglu's defense...

...is questionable, to say the least, but here's a Phoenix Sun fan trying to talk himself into it.

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2010/08/0...tent=Bloglines

He's successful. I'm still not convinced, though.

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Hedo Turkoglu's defense...

Maybe if he's giving up 40.2% from 3 it would be a good idea to not have him guarding SG's and SF's.

Last year Turk gave up 4.2 more points per 100 possessions when he was on the court than when he was off.

No way for Suns fans to sugar coat it. Turk will be even worse than Amare on defense, and an even less of a threat in the post/paint.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Less of a scoring threat, period.

I mean, they just re-signed Channing Frye, who was punk'd many moons ago during The Dance by the Ace McGee and BobJabarhi Brown, the latter even drawing him into a tech.

All I'm sayin', is, if you got punked, even in college, by two guys who never made the league, and you're a 6'11" guy who's scared to rebound... and then they sign a guy in the off-season who is older and shorter than you, and plays your same position... and the team signed him for more money...

...you may want to consider your career options, that's all.

If Frye's the backup, then Phoenix's offense will stagnate when he's on the floor, 'cause Nash won't be, and Frye needs penetration (yeah I did) to set up his outside shot; a shot he can't get off at all without help.

If Mongo's the backup, he'll basically be a 6'10" version of Leandro Barbosa, only he'll pass the ball more. I think that that'd work a lot better for Phoenix, 'cause at least they'll continue to score, even though they're also a turnstile in the paint...

The 2010/11 Phoenix Suns... the first team to 100 (in the 3rd quarter) wins!

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09