Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Broken toe remedies

Yesterday my ankle gave out and in catching my balance I kicked our stone ht tub ledge full force. Little toe is now swollen, black and blue. Really hurts to put full pressure on it.

I've always heard there isn't much you can do for a broken toe. I've been icing it down and keeping it elevated, but do not want to get a X-ray for them to say "yeah it's broken. Tape it to the next toe" and collect their movie check.

TIA
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MR2-Sooner86's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Broken toe remedies

You can always cut it off if it's bothering you too much.
    Loved By The People
    "you are a disgusting pig and should be punished for such vile language. Would you like your mom to see that you wrote that? YOU=Disgusting pig."
    "you lack any semblance of taste and suggest substandard upbringing and education"
    "Guess what? You're a ****ing dildo!"
    "You're an asshat!"
    "racist pig by any chance?"

vCash

Time.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Leroy Lizard's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner View Post
    Yesterday my ankle gave out and in catching my balance I kicked our stone ht tub ledge full force. Little toe is now swollen, black and blue. Really hurts to put full pressure on it.

TIA
    I broke all of my toes when I was younger when a log fell on them during tree surgery. The doc soaked them for an eternity in ice water, taped them up, and sent me on my way.
    At least I'm not Jersey Sooner.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 GKeeper316's Avatar
    vCash

ya there's not much else you can do for a broken toe other than what you're doing now... it would be a good idea to go in and have them x-ray it to see the extent of the break and whether or not the bone needs to be reset.

vCash

Rub some dirt on it.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

WALK IT OFF! P*SSY!
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

amputate it, put it on a necklace or something, and make up a better story about how it happened
    Bazinga

vCash

I broke mine when it got stepped on by a bred heifer. I just let it be. It's a little misshapen now but otherwise fine.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

broke mine the night before flying to NJ for Christmas last year. I almost cried it hurt so much putting my shoes on and walking in the airport the next morning. Toe turned all purple.

Nothing you can do to fix it. My toe still hurts sometimes, even after 8 months.
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Jello Biafra's Avatar
    vCash

i like the idea about making a necklace lol
    Ole Vet Posse SGT-AT-ARMS.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

I broke my big toe on my jumping leg in high school basketball and had no choice but to play the rest of the season rather than rest it.
    To this day I cannot bend it.

Angry Re: Broken toe remedies

Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo View Post
    broke mine the night before flying to NJ for Christmas last year. I almost cried it hurt so much putting my shoes on and walking in the airport the next morning. Toe turned all purple.

Nothing you can do to fix it. My toe still hurts sometimes, even after 8 months.
    That, plus enjoy those cold winters for the rest of your life...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 batonrougesooner's Avatar
    vCash

Unless it's grossly deformed there's really no need for an xray. Even then it has limited value. If it's pointing off at an odd angle it could need reduction which would essentially be the doc, or yourself if you're so brave, pulling on it to get it back in line. Otherwise you were right on target. Buddy tape to the other toe, rest, ice, elevation and watch where you are walking next time.

I saw a lady a few months ago who no sh** called EMSA at 2 am for the exact same thing. I just kinda looked at her funny...

Disclaimer for the lawyer types...

(not intended to serve as actual medical advice or as a substitute for medical evaluation. For informational purposes only. If you feel you have an emergency you should call 911 or present to the nearest ER.)
    "I am batonrougesooner and I approved this message"

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    amputate it, put it on a necklace or something, and make up a better story about how it happened
    +1
    Also paint the toenail green.
    If you need a new one, I can get you a toe by 3pm!

vCash

Ice the hell out of it and keep it elevated. I broke mine in high school in the 4th quarter of a football game. It hurt during the game but when I got home, it looked like an elephant had stepped on it. Very painful injury.

I recommend open toed shoes for a few weeks.
    My kids rock the flock!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Dio's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    "They're nihilists, Donnie..."
    "ESPN and Texas are now one and the same." -Stewart Mandel

Administrator
    vCash

What's all this "ice and elevation" crap?

Anyhow, here's one of my broke toes stories:

When I was in the Army at Ft. Bragg, NC, they decided to be nice to us and build some new barracks (we were in the old WWII wooden bay barracks at the time). The new barracks were 2-to a room deals that were 3 stories tall. We used to climb up a ladder on the third floor that led to the roof at night to.........you know, stargaze? This ladder ended about 4-feet from the floor where you were supposed to have a step ladder or something to climb it. Like that's gonna keep a couple serious star gazers from going up there.

Anyhow, one night I'm up there seriously gazing at the stars, and it starts raining. I was barefooted with only boxers on. I come down the ladder, and when I get to the bottom rung I jump, but I keep ahold of the ladder rung when I do. My wet feet hit highly polished tile floor, and with me kind of pulling myself towards the wall, both feet shot straight into the cinder block wall. All the toes on one foot, and 3 on the other shattered. Of course the dude coming down behind me jumps and lands right on my foot that had 3 toes all ****ed up. I squealed like a little bitch. No shame in my game. That **** ****ing hurt now.

Next morning off to sick bay, but not before falling out with uniform, boots, etc. No fun. I ended up getting a profile for 2-weeks to wear shower shoes and no PT. And everyone is right, the doc goes "ain't nothing we can do it about." But at least I didn't put ice on them and elevate them cause that'd be gay.

vCash

I garendayuntee you will only STUB it once
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

you were "stargazing" with a guy on the roof and you think icing and elevating is gay?
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.