Looks like the West is weaker so far.

I think so far only OKC and the Lakers have gotten better from the last year playoff teams. In fact I think so far the only teams in the entire West that have gotten better are the Clips OKC and the Lakers.

Looks like a power transfer to the Eastern Conference now.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Looks like the West is weaker so far.

way too early to say anything like that
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

Quote Originally Posted by starclassic tama View Post
    way too early to say anything like that

Hence why I said "so far" several times.

vCash

The East definitely got better, and 50-wins might be good enough for home-court this next season (instead of just an 8-seed like this past season).

But I'm still unsure how things will shake up in the West. I think there will be a lot of parity again, and there might just be a few games separating 2-8. I do think the Thunder will be good enough to finish in the top 4 however.
    I'm not really Serge Ibaka: I was born and raised in Green Country and not in the Congo. But I do like giraffes.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serge Ibaka View Post
    The East definitely got better, and 50-wins might be good enough for home-court this next season (instead of just an 8-seed like this past season).

But I'm still unsure how things will shake up in the West. I think there will be a lot of parity again, and there might just be a few games separating 2-8. I do think the Thunder will be good enough to finish in the top 4 however.
    I think the Suns have gone in the wrong direction with Turk, also Utah picked up Al Jefferson from the T-wolves (because of Beasely trade), but I still don't think Utah will be as good. Deron, AK-47 and Al Jefferson? Forgive me if I have more faith in the Thunder than that.

But we shall see
    tFtC

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Still a lot of free agency left to go I think....With Amare and Boozer heading East, that definitely hurts, but I think with a healthy Chris Paul this year, NOLA will have a much improved record. Also waiting to see what Blake Griffin can bring to the table in his 2nd Rookie Year. Blazers could also be better if Oden can ever come back. Tyreke Evans in his 2nd year could be something to watch out in Sacramento. Also look for the Grizzlies to improve as a team that returns most of it's young players from last year.

I definitely expect the West to be competitive again, with the likes of the Lakers, Thunder, Mavs, Nuggets, and Spurs. Where one or two teams from last season might drop off, there will definitely be a couple that will make the jump up into their slots.

vCash

It's interesting because, aside from Minnesota, who can you REALLY say is out of the race entirely?

Sure, teams like Golden State? Not very likely. But I see a lot of competition between 2 and 14, and it will be interesting to see which teams can get over the hump and get into the playoffs. It's going to be a dog-fight into the final weeks, imo.
    I'm not really Serge Ibaka: I was born and raised in Green Country and not in the Congo. But I do like giraffes.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serge Ibaka View Post
    It's interesting because, aside from Minnesota, who can you REALLY say is out of the race entirely?

Sure, teams like Golden State? Not very likely. But I see a lot of competition between 2 and 14, and it will be interesting to see which teams can get over the hump and get into the playoffs. It's going to be a dog-fight into the final weeks, imo.
    this.

both leagues are looking like they'll be very strong. i think the East is a little bit more top heavy while the West mostly has good teams throughout.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Paul, Yao, and (most importantly) Blake coming back from injury counters any West-East player changes that the East won. In fact, it probably has a bigger impact. Let's not get carried away with what happened in Miami. Bosh and Lebron were already in the East.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Saying Blake, Paul, or Yao coming back will have a huge impact isnt necessarily accurate, too many variables that go into that statement

Blake hasnt played a minute in the NBA and its the Clippers

Yao is aging and possibly starting to break down. Its tough for such a big guy to have knee or foot injuries. If healthy the Rockets are better but will he be healthy. The Rockets were pretty good without him but can he play a full season to carry them even farther?

New Orleans wasnt exactly lighting it up before Paul got hurt, what moves will they make or better yet, do they even have any money to make any moves?

The 2nd best team in the West lost their best or 2nd best player

The top teams didnt really lose much though outside of Pheonix
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

In the East you have the Heat and Bulls who got alot better IMO, The Knicks got better but how much better? Cleveland got a lot worse as did Toronto even though they are a fringe team anyway. The Celts might have one more good run in them while Atlanta and Orlando stayed about the same.

Overall, id say that it is still about the same
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/